Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are Erollisi cubes. The problem is that they're almost non-existent in the wild, since the "personal lubricant" industry uses them as a primary ingredient.
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Oh my. :eek:
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Thanks, I did get 8 but the other reward being just 1 candy was quite underwhelming for the top teir reward... honestly would have liked an infuser over that lol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Request : could we get a bigger zombie to click on? Would it possible to give him or her a 50% size drink-me potion?
    Even with mounts turn off, actually seeing it in the middle of the cluster of players is turning to be difficult.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You kind of can do this if you put some blocks on each side then throw the cube on top of each other real quick in an open spot between the blocks then put a Vampiric mirror down real fast in front of the cubes, they have no choice but to stay where you put them in a wall stack. You can neaten it up later.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Aren't they though. I have a set of the 2019 OED, shipped to my home, there are 4 of them, they are printed on paper a bit larger than A4 and are about 5 inches thick each and I would guess each one weighs about 2.5 stone or 35 pounds.

Thank you Sig for the OED, I am really tired today, had to move furniture yesterday and don't feel like picking up one of the physical copies of the OED I have.

Whilh, you are going to need the Spring Road Trip, you are wearing yourself out testing the PQ. I wish I did not have to be adulting so much lately so I had some time to play and test.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, couldn't test the start of Erollisi so I made up with the PQ and I really needed the distraction.

I finally finished on Whil on live. Thurgadin isn't the worst server to do it on to say the least. Took me 9 tries after getting the egg, but I got a TRUCKLOAD of goods, nearly more than in all my time on Test (4 macabre roses, 1 passionate, 1 golden, 1 teddy bear, 3 familiars, 1 barding pattern, 1 infusion, 2 bracelets, 1 mount training time and I think 2 candies).
    Hamfastzz got his in 7 tries after getting the egg (with one failed try in the middle, I came too late and focused on my main) and got 0 loot (only 132 coins)

I noted the wording, as above, it varies, so we can say for certain it's random

Whil (lvl 110)
    1 -> briefly
    2 -> briefly
    3 -> briefly
    4 -> momentarily
    5 -> vigorously
    6 -> momentarily
    7 -> momentarily
    8 -> briefly
    9 -> briefly -> hatch

Hamfast (lvl 90)
    1 -> earnestly
    2 -> briefly
    3 -> vigorously
    4 -> 1 failed run
    4 -> momentarily
    5 -> momentarily
    6 -> briefly
    7 -> vigorously -> hatch

When there's 20ish peeps around the zombie, he becomes very hard to see/target. A 50% size increase would help.

It's not noted here, but we found out that sending a rose on an add kills it. So drag at least a rose on your hotbar and kill them aaaaaaallllllllll !
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well I just did the PQ on Fallen Gate and there were like 20 people in each group , all I was able to do was help kill any mobs and pick 4 flowers , besides all the purple ones and the black ones.
    I had not a chance to hand any flowers to any of the zombies , but soing anything besides running after the group worked for me I got an egg and 8 tokens.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I did all the quests on my Qeynos faction Toon and am now doing the same on my Freeport oriented Character.
    One thing I noticed was the little fay that allows you to port to Antonica , I was wondering if " evil " toons could be use her too
    to get to the heart race , now that this is only available in Antonica .
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There were some rude people late yesterday afternoon and early evening at the PQ and there were about 30-40 with each of the zombies. I fully agree a 50-75% increase in the size of the dearly departed would be most welcome, not only because of the number of people but because of the huge mounts, even with mounts hidden, people use the items that enlarge them to the size of towers and then you cannot see the zombies either. But then enlarging them would not make them look like normal people that died and have risen from the grave. Perhaps Kaitheel or Chrol can think of a solution if they will not enlarge them for us.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

good point on the size that wouldn't be "natural". I don't suppose you can add a big invisible "tower" around them that would be the hit box? So we could click in the void above their head instead of trying to click between huge players (and yeah, we got the towering ogre with 100% enlarge on thurg too)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Quillyne Active Member

Very much agree that the zombies needs to be enlarged AND to be able to click on them through player bodies. Nothing like a couple of children wearing their Kael Drakkel giant illusions walking on top of the zombies to suck the joy out of the PQ.
  13. Chrol Developer

Have you tried this? /suspend_mount_mode 2
    That should hide all mounts from view for you.
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

That is probably best option, I had to some people are large with stuff to make their toon bigger... but small increase on zombie to be slightly bigger than most player races would help to see the zombie.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

It does... as long as they are on the ground. Some of the players fly along.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just ran another PQ and what annoyed me was all the pets with red name tags ,it made it hard to tell if one of the nasties was after you.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Chrol. Yes I have all the mounts hidden for this PQ even though I do not like to hide mounts, I like the PQ more!!!

Its the players with their "Make me bigger than anything else in Norrath" items on, they seem to use every single one that will stack so they are absolutely the largest they can possibly be. No matter how many polite requests, rude cane shaking demands, or anything in between that are made from others present, they will not return to their normal size.

It is just that, to be expected, human behavior factor of "I am going to be a jerk to everybody else including guides (like they do when Newsies is being handed out) because I can be and nobody can make me do anything else, because I am safely hidden behind this computer monitor and nobody really knows who I am".

There is absolutely no way that you as Developers or we as players can account for all of the ways in which others will be jerks, griefers or the likes to other people. I have been playing MMOs' since Ultima Online was in Alpha and even I have not seen it all and I was already an adult with children when UO was in Alpha. I am sure I have seen quite a few ways that most of the younger crowd have never seen and likely never will including Developers. Ahhh the good old days, stories for another time, like the Spring Road Trip!!! My point though, is we do appreciate what you do, and we appreciate you trying to accommodate for the jerk factor, but I believe we are also all to aware, there is no way that you can fully do that and still provide us with holidays and events.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I never saw flying peoples on Thurgadin and after my second run, I turned all mounts off. Big races on phoenixes are a massive pain. But even without that, and we're way less populated than AB for example, there's often lots of people all around the zombie (20ish at peak-time, highest /who I had was 48 in the zone, most on the PQ) and sometimes they're really all just standing next to it and it's hard to target right (I personally target the zombie with mouse-hovering and hitting F all the time to trigger interaction). On my last char, I'm not really an issue as I'm running it on a normal-sized fae and I'm smaller than the zombie, but on one of my runs, there was an impressive ogre, probably max-sized, with size-enhancements (I never use Kael Drakkal illusion but size looked like it) and my fae size was smaller than his boot. Needess to say that targetting a zombie with this massive char around was even worse than usual.

Fact is that the zombies are human-sized, which is very nice and normal on a RP point of view but not very practical on a PQ point of view. Hence my request of a size increase or a bigger hitbox on them.

That turns out to be the main difference from Test. And the fact that there's nearly never any adds. But we get the proactive reward easily and on that I must send all my congrats to you as I made clear that I had doubts on it working fine on live. You really nailed it (and I noted that you did say that you had measures taken for huge crowds) and I'm impressed. It's not something easy to do on the first run of an event in crowded conditions.

On a lighter note, somebody spawned a lover's gazebo over the zombies when they met yesterday, it was the cutest thing ever. If there's one instance where lover's gazebo makes sense (apart from RP lovers situation), that was the one!
  19. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yeah the sitting/camping bug is very annoying it happens on a few different occasions, namely Tinkerfest PQ, the new Erollisi PQ and the Race in Frostfell Wonderland Village. The cause seems to be that in each of those you can get flung in the air and if you interrupt that (means don't let yourself glide down to the ground but start flying) you will get stuck with this bug. To fix it you can either as you suggested zone or take a dip in some nearby water thats deep enough to swim. As swimming doesn't allow you to sit either it seems to reset a "no-sit" flag when you get back out.
  20. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Also in regards to the clicking issues, how about the following approach:

Maybe replace the "max number of roses and he walks x meters for each rose" with a system where he doesn't have a max limit and everyone can give roses at any time and get credit for it and then make him move as long as he has received a rose in the last 5 seconds.
    Also increase the spawn rate of black and purple roses according to participation (if thats already done then ramp it up some more) so its easier to get proactive and there is less fighting over those roses.
    And I say this not for myself, I got 9 proactives in a row on Maj'Dul with 50+ people attending, but again if you are not a young healthy person with good reflexes you have no chance to do this PQ as it works now.