Test Update Notes: Friday February 8, 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Bunji, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Bunji Developer

TRAINING
    • Fixed an issue where training may not auto-complete correctly when training both a mount and merc at the same time.
    • Fixed an issue where recently gained merc levels may be lost.

ITEMS
    • Loot which can be traded with group members for a limited time after looting will now no longer be able to be traded after a single trade, the looter leaving the zone, or the looter logging out.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Pijotre Well-Known Member

That is a horrible change, please think of a different solution, its already a pain to decide within 48h wether my wifes or my alts will get the loot we acquired together.
  3. Gandolph Member

so raid leaders who ld ,are stuck with loot they cannot use.../sigh
  4. Uncle Active Member

this change is bad on so many levels.. Linkdead's ppl on break want to go refresh heart bounds etc
  5. Moss Well-Known Member

if it is too hard to change the current trade system on specific items why not a create specific currency/token that allows to buy those items at a vendor (mount, cloack), and you make any achievement received when you buy the item
    Alenna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This is a worse change than the dungeon lockout timers. As a community, please, leave this alone. There are already bad things happening with the zone lockouts and people either goofing or trolling. This is just absolutely terrible. Whomever you've got making decisions in the office, please, kick them out and find someone who cares about the game. Because these things you guys have been doing the last few weeks in regards to how we zone, how we loot, etc, are some of the worst ideas you could have come up with. What we need, is more tradeable loot, more game sharing. Not less. Please, stop ruining Everquest.
    Alenna, Crastinal, Bekkr and 4 others like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

'Fixes' to prevent cheating that have serious potential negatives for people that AREN'T cheating are bad fixes.

Some of the recent adjustments feel like punishing the people who aren't cheating to avoid having to punish the people that are/were cheating.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I support everything that was said before. Please, let us share loot with participating toons without making more restrictions. I don't share everyday with the alt I two-box with, this will be more annoying than anything else, without even factoring LD in.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Not that the dev team really cares but I agree with the rest..This is a very bad change, please don't do this.
  10. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Its too late its already on live servers. They ignored the community like they mostly do.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THIS, +1,000%. Increase the range of stuff sold by the vendors at the Nek docks, etc., or make new vendors for a "specific currency/token." Green Stamp the stuff. Something! >:-/

Uwk
    Alenna, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whatever has been changed, can be changed again; we've seen that time and time again.

Uwk
    Alenna, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got an idea I voiced before , it even would be another way for DB to earn some money.
    Why don't they come up with an advanced Un binder that allows you to trade an heirloom item once with somebody outside your account.
    Alenna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Why not just remove the Heirloom tag altogether?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think they might get worried about Broker abuse of items that way; plus, it could be tied to the rather nebulous "but it's a really cool item that you should have to work hard to get!" view of them...though with the influx of Frostfell house and vanity pets and the Ceremonial Plate armor pieces from the Nights of the Dead hedge maze (thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Kaitheel, for getting that No-Value tag removed!!!) piling up, and every single one of even my alts on a given server having at least one, if not multiple, pieces per, it gets a bit burgeoning. :-/

Uwk
    Alenna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

How do you abuse the broker?
    Its sole purpose is to sell things.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep. And that's how the hyper-inflation on the Broker was aided/abetted/kicked off, by an exploit. Nowadays it's still awful, and the Kronos probably had much to do with as well, but that was definitely one of the factors. :-/

Uwk
    Alenna and Breanna like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I nor many of us had anything to do with the exploit so why do we have to suffer not being able to sell what we work for?

With the hyper amount of plat we have it would make sense to allow us to sell all this heirloom garbage if we want to on the broker..or just give it away if we wish.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we have asked for years to remove the heirloom items but unfortunately no such luck , instead DB came up with the free trade server.
    I thought if the trade of such items in a restricted way , would maybe be a way this could be handled , I mean if you go into
    a better dungeon you end up with bags full of heirloom things and not all of them can be transmuted either.
    I think things should be only not transmutable if you need them for a quest and once your done with the quest that could be removed.
    In any case people are sometimes a little quick " needing " things , removing the ability to trade them with people who after a raid are quick to log of because they are tired , makes it impossible to trade such item the first said person does not needed that much after all.