Rare Harvesting Chance Info

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Prox Well-Known Member

I have to ask if anyone can confirm that with high enough harvesting that fishing will get you an essence of Chaos?
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've gotten over a dozen Essence of Chaos.. and NONE of them have been from actually harvesting. Every single one came as a reward for the harvesting dailies.
    Soara2, Prox, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Gaggelu Pearwood familiar comes with "Increases experimental success chance by 2.5%". Multiply 2.5% by the number of levels.
  4. Prox Well-Known Member

I have gotten 3 , all from the quests . Had heard rumors that it was an ultra rare drop from fishing. I will just ignore that kind of talk .
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten any, either from harvesting directly or as a reward from the harvesting or tradeskill dailies.
    Soara2, Quillyne and Breanna like this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

From CD, PoP or KA?
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Essence of Chaos are only from the CD harvesting (not the TS) quests.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I follow. Which other daily quest in CD other than the one where you harvest some stuff for this guy and craft an item are there in Myrist?
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

The quest isn't in Myrist. You get the daily harvesting quests from the Guild Harvesters in your GH. Not sure why there isn't a way to get them in Myrist, but currently they are not available there.
    Soara2 and Mermut like this.
  10. Gregore Active Member

I can tell you what rare harvest chance caps out at, assuming you have every harvesting advantage, including a level 10 harvesting familiar. 36.5 is the magic number that is attainable. My Super harvesting toon is currently at 30.5 rare harvest chance with Elysian harvesting saddle & hackamore, as well as the little bit of barding from the premium edition. His harvesting familiar is at level 4 and gives an 8% rare harvest chance at that level. At this point, all I can do to increase his rare harvest chance further is to pay to win and level up the familiar six more levels, which would bring him to the magical 36.5 number. Yep, he's a harvesting stud!
    Soara2, Prox, Blazen and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

er-mer-gerd, what kind of design is this? is it possible to get personal harvesters for your house? like the tinkered personal depots?

also, is there a possibility to visit a guild where the guild harvesters are usable by non-guildies? I'm on Skyfire btw
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

No there are not personal harvesters. Last year you could get the daily harvesting quest from the daily Trade Skill NPC in CoV. Not sure why they didn't do that again this year, it's been mentioned more than once so I assume it is intentional.

The answer to the second question is that it depends on how the Guild Hall has its permissions set. There are definitely some that allow it. If you have guilded friends, they may also be able to get you the right permissions with their guild. I'd need to check, but I'm pretty sure all the guilds I'm in have them set up for visitor use.
    Soara2 and Bludd like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

No
    I don't know of particular guilds, but it is possible to do.
    Soara2, Breanna, Bludd and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can of course visit guild halls and check whether the harvesters will talk with you, if you favor the trial-and-error method. Bonus: you get to sometimes see some really cool GH decorating.
    Soara2, ConcealFate, Prox and 3 others like this.
  15. Laaw Well-Known Member

why not ask adventurer guild members to drop event mats into harvesting crate?
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  16. recon1187 Member

ok so I harvest around 7 hours a day, I have a great job where I can play while I work. I do the TS daily every time it is up, and I do the harvest quests every time they are up, and still have yet to get an essence of chaos, where others that do harvesting once in a great while have gotten multiple essences, oh well maybe I will get one after the next xpac comes out.
    well if you guys would like to know my harvesting stats I currently have rare chance 31.5, bountiful 102.5 skill is mining 1297, trapping and fishing 1287, gathering and foresting 1277, I did have all skills above 1300 but I think it bugged out because I hardly got any rares from multiple nodes in a row, so I changed it back to the lower side.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

All the data I've seen suggests that you cannot actually harvest an Essence of Chaos. The ONLY way to get them is from the Chaos Descending harvesting (not tradeskill) daily quests.
    My suggestion would be to run multiple toons through the TS line and run the harvesting quests on multiple toons rather then just harvesting on one.
    Soara2 and Yenk like this.
  18. recon1187 Member

that is true and I heard you can also get them from the house plant,
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Melkior Well-Known Member

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Rare Harvest Chance only affects the frequency of regular rare harvests. Anything on the 'Ultra Rare' list seems to be unaffected (Foundations, Spellshards, Rare Food, Planar Energy, etc). The only ways to increase your ultra rares acquisition to my knowledge is to max bountiful harvest, and harvest a lot. I'm not absolutely sure of that, but when I look at my harvesting parses, it seems to bear that idea out.
    Soara2, Yenk, Xianthia and 1 other person like this.
  20. Yenk Active Member

I have gotten 6 essences of chaos. I completed 600-700 guildharvest-dailies, so I think the chance to get this reward is 1%.
    Soara2 likes this.