Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Caith Developer

Hello Murderous Rapscallions.

Thank you for participating in the Nagafen PvP event server beta! While the beta is now closed, we will be continuing to make updates from the data and feedback that we have gathered for the next couple of weeks.

BETA CHARACTER CREATION
    Nagafen PvP servers are event servers, so when you create a character, make sure you select the Event server type in the character creation flow. While beta is open to all, live event servers will require membership.

LEVEL PROGRESSION
    This is a PvP server, and the majority of the progression should come from PvP. When you defeat an opponent, you will be given an XP reward, with unique kills giving much more than players you have killed previously. During beta we’ll be going through a variety of different experience values for NPC encounters and quests to locate the best progression balance. As the server ages, the PvE balance will be adjusted to make catching up easier.

ITEMIZATION
    Low level itemization is going through a full update and will coincide with an encounter balance update. While this update is designed with Time Locked servers in mind, it coincides with an encounter difficulty pass to verify that progression meets expected standards, and will affect all servers. Current plans are to have the full itemization balance completed for original launch content up through The Shadow Odyssey expansion, and it will touch all items that fall within those level ranges. Additionally, we have custom item rulesets that allow us to further modify specific servers to give us more flexibility when it comes to special rules servers, such as a PvP ruleset. As every EverQuest 2 player knows, normal NPC encounters and players just do not scale the same.

During the beta, the itemization and balance passes are still very much in process. This means you will likely find some encounters that are balanced oddly, or item rewards that are out of progression/difficulty. Please /bug these issues in game so that we can make sure it gets corrected.

PVP DEATH
    Characters that are killed in PvP will drop up to 70% of the coin they are carrying with them. Coin kept in the bank is not affected. There is also a chance that they will drop one of the tradeable items that they are carrying in their bags.

ABILITY BALANCE
    Like itemization, this is an ongoing process as we step into the beta. Each profession and AA ability will be getting a full review in the next couple months both from internal data as well as feedback from the beta. PvP specific templates are being updated on abilities over this first few days of beta, so you will see a lot of things like control effects and taunts get updated before the weekend.

LEADERBOARD
    You will find a PvP leaderboard within both Freeport and Qeynos which will display a sortable list of the PvP leaderboards. Once we get a bit further along in beta, we’ll be introducing bounty boards as well as PvP bounties which will reward you for hunting down leaderboard targets.

FREE FOR ALL PVP
    Every player is a potential target, and every player is a potential group mate. PvP Combat will be free for all, where anyone outside of your group or raid will be considered a hostile target. Finally a way to stop them from stealing your shinies...

SAFE ZONES
    The only non-PvP zones will be Freeport and Qeynos. All other zones are open for business. Halas may be nice and all, but the neighbors can be a real pain.
    Note: The PvP flagging and level ranges are still ongoing for zones as we start the Beta process.

BETA SERVER ERA
    At least for the start, the beta server will only be Shattered Lands. We'll discuss opening up expansions in the beta once we have the initial data we need.

Update Notes:
    Roxxlyy, Trasor and Tharrakor like this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks!
  3. Crippler New Member

Can someone confirm the beta server is up and working? Need to make sure before I leave work. Thank you.
  4. Trasor Active Member

Caith thank you for answering all outstanding questions of mine, that looks great!

Also, thank you for looking out for the PvP community.

I only have one question that I believe a lot of my guildmates have: Is there a chance that there will be some form of carryover between seasons and your character will not be totally lost? Has that decision already been totally finalized and inflexible?
  5. straz New Member

so what server our we suppose to join is it beta or public test servers
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Beta! If this is your first time joining a beta server, you can find instructions here: ow.ly/PUYh30nBzQ2
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The server is indeed up. Enjoy!
  8. Crippler New Member

Thank you. I'm about to get "cough..cough" sick.
  9. Rease New Member

Having this thread as where the feedback goes is not a good idea. It is not clearly marked nor will anyone know about it without reading the other thread where it was mentioned. If everyone does actually use this thread to talk about bugs and whatnot it will become uselessly enormous.

That all being said....10 minute charms in PVP for lols sakes! People are rerolling to get away from this once they have been charmed lol.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Maybe add a immunity timer to respawning? At least to clear rez sick, etc.
    Kittybock, Javos, Zenji and 1 other person like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

My Q Wood Elf Paladin can track PvP targets wonderfully. While I think that is amazing, is racial tracking supposed to show factionless FFA players? :p
  12. Ravenlorde New Member

13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Just a note for EQ2U users: Our item data comes from the Maj'Dul server. If item stats start diverging for the same items on different servers, we will have no way to support it.
    Kittybock and flameweaver like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow this is totally brutal but coooooooool. the beginner zones are filled with hordes of marauding PvPers it's awesome to watch and it does not look like anybody is traumatized.
    This looks good .
    the battlefield is littered with treasure chests of fallen players, don't forget to bring your money to the bank and hold onto your pant's if your not wearing them:D

This thread will also be easy to find if you think logically under testing .
  15. Hextall New Member

Is anyone else having trouble getting on? I downloaded Beta and I get a black screen with default music when I press PLAY in the launcher and it just stays black. I tried going back on a normal server and that works fine. Any thoughts?
  16. TechUp Active Member

Try pressing [Alt] + [Enter]. That used to be a way to fix that issue.
  17. Araxes Active Member

Hello Caith, I saw you standing outside the North Qeynos gates. ;) Iksar, eh?

I rolled a coercer and logged in to try out PVP.

I did not play on Nagafen or Deathtoll, so EQ2 PVP is totally new to me.

Here are the notes I scribbled down:

General:
    • Chaos Descending loading screen and character creation background / selection are appearing. Purely cosmetic but could these be changed to something more throwback-ish for the server?
    • I was put onto the Far Journey and immediately two screens popped up: an assortment of low-level items (some were level 10 and 12) to fill out my slots, and the "Congratulations you've been upgrade to a Heroic character" window. The items were helpful but ironically one of the items was a nice big bag which went into my overflow, so I started deleting the items to get into the overflow before I realized that. Maybe give the big bag to start with? Or no bags and no items at all, and let us run around in our underpants like in the old days.
    • I was immediately set to level 9 (as was everyone.) Is this going to pass to Live, or was it just for the beta?
    • A message appeared saying I had been granted 280 AA. (Glitch, I assume - I didn't have 280aa.)
    • Marketplace message was spamming Status Text channel. Krono etc. still appeared in the character window. Character window had all the tabs even for stuff that doesn't exist or wouldn't exist on this server / Shattered Lands.
    • I received the Untapped Potential quest (objective: gain access to DoV, not needed at this point.)
    • Frostfang and Neriak ... I guess I don't really mind if these exist or not but, as I say with the TLE servers, it's always weird to see them show up with the rest of the Shattered Lands. I think Neriak was during EOF and FFS was much later than that.

Player vs. Player:

• Many players were mounted, and the mounts were fairly fast. This included players who were only level 10. I didn't see where or how people were getting mounts, but, it did seem to unbalance the scales, for obvious reasons.
    • Since I've never played EQ2 PVP before, there are a lot of things I didn't know / don't know -- a documented ruleset would be a "nice to have."
    • All spells were granted to me at Adept level - is this just for beta or also standard?
    • I found it a little odd to be fighting my own fellow Qeynosians. I understand why this might be desirable -- to get right in on the action -- but it feels strange. Same for the overall free-for-all grouping, etc. Lots of groups were just steamrolling around in their 20s smashing solo puny level 10s like myself. The aggro gap seems a bit wide. I was thinking it would be within 1-2 levels of other players (at least at low level and maybe widen as the tiers increase.) But at level 10 I think there were 22s and 24s smashing me. Grouped, no less. :D
    • Runspeed was pretty high especially for mounts and those with buffs.
    It did seem like lots of people were having fun although I'm not sure my masochistic streak is great enough for me to persevere, personally. :D
    Thanks!
  18. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Can buy mounts for plat in cities
    Kittybock likes this.
  19. Kenxelite New Member

are classes still locked to their citys? like brigs can only be freeport wish they would just unlock it for both sides

also are we allowed to group with people from freeport since its all ffa?
  20. Surgeon Active Member

This is not fun.
    Maybe I've gotten older and softer but I'm not interested in a FFA pvp server where multiboxers steamroll everyone.
    Where there are no writ givers for crafting, where the daily adorning and transmuting guy isn't there.
    I'm out. Lasted about 1h.
    This isn't fun. You go on and prove to yourself how hardcore you are, I've been there done that I've got nothing more to prove. This is a waste of time for me.
    This server will flop.
    The only thing that interests me PvP server wise is a fast levelling persistent PvP server like Naggy was.

Crafting should be fast, 1 rush order 1 level.
    PvP as the best form of exp without AA, screw that ****.
    Have fun whoever enjoys this, gank squads but I'll not play victim for someone else's enjoyment.
    Pixistik and Tharrakor like this.