Can the new PvE TLE be without p2w?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Can the new PvE server please be without p2w elements and a TLE that is allowed to run past SF before opening a new one?

No XP pots, no familairs, no p2w stat mounts, no krono, free trade. 3 months between expansion unlocks would be a welcome change for a lot of people I reckon? Just a subscription to enjoy the old content.
  2. Namian New Member

I just saw the announcement and thought "Hmm, this could be fun, I might go back" - until I realized the free2play/pay2win model.
    I never minded paying a monthly subscription fee for either EQ1 or EQ2, but I'll pass on any pay2win games.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

The new PvP server isn't F2P, only the beta will be.
  4. Namian New Member

That's encouraging ! Fingers crossed for the coming PvE TLE
    Dude likes this.
  5. Namian New Member

Question: Can you buy anything with IRL $ on the server ? (=p2w)
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

From Kander's post at https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-nagafen-pvp-beta-server-announce-feb-2019:

Marketplace items will be very limited. We expect bags, ground mounts, and expendables to be available, but not much more.

Answers to some of your questions before you ask:
    • Channelers and Beastlords will not be available for this season of PvP.
    • Spell research will not be available on Nagafen.
    • Familiars will not be available on Nagafen.
    • Experience potions will not be available on Nagafen.
    Siren and Namian like this.
  7. Namian New Member

Having not played for several years, I don't know what any of those are, except XP-potions :-D
    I hope the TLE won't have any IRL$ items - just like the good old days :)
    Dude likes this.
  8. Ghorast Active Member

ruleset like this for new tle would be absolutely dreamly
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Keep in mind its one character per account. Want to play more than one class? Buy more accounts.

Also, your character is deleted after each season.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not like I played any of my characters after SH/DT ended, and I wont play any from FG once it is put to rest. So no loss for me.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, but most of us played there more than 30/60/90 days (whatever a season is).

I've seen people discussing about getting content done, raiding, etc on the new Nagafen. I'm not sure how much interest will really be there if I'm constantly resetting my character. It really all just comes down to the pvp kills. In particular unique kills on a server that will have an EXTREMELY high attrition rate.

I tried to explain this to others, but folks with rose tinted pvp goggles don't see it. Open world pvp in my perspective turns into roaming gangs. Pvp is only 'fun' when you're in the gang, and there is absolutely nothing fun about being the victim. There is little you can do to fight back when significantly outnumbered in open world ambush. All you can do is bend over and take it.

It doesn't take too much of that before people lose interest.

I much prefer MMO pvp that is object based, relatively numbers matched teams and in enclosed spaces. I find that can be fun.

I find being a member of a gang even less challenging than repeating the same pve raid script for the 50th time.

The amount of balanced open world pvp that actually happens vs gang banging, is such a narrow slice of time on a pvp server, it stales for me very rapidly.

But to each their own.

I will be on the pvp server primarily because I see it as an easy opportunity for me to farm coin/items to sell for krono. I plan to milk those people willing to pay krono for an advantage.
    Siren and Errrorr like this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

Exactly, you put more than 90 days into a TLE character, and once the server ended many don't play that character any more. So it may as well get deleted.

Season 2 you may not even start at level 1.

Leveling maybe very fast, like in ARPGs. Spend the first day or two of the season leveling and your done.

Would it feel like you are "doing it all over again" if every season had slightly different themes as well as played through different expansions?
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

For me? Yes it would, cause at the end of the day all that matters is pvp kill counts. Doing it with different scenery isn't going to change it much for me.

Adding more complexity, more aa, more abilities, yeah that would, but lets face it, the difficulty of balancing that is what killed pvp in the first place.
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

I really, really hope so. If not, I'll do the PVP seasonal server, defeats the entire point with familiars and claimed mount stats. I really don't care much about kronos and xp pots, despite the advantage and how it inflates the economy, at least there's a reasonable excuse for them to be available. Turning their back on an opportunity for the crazies that drop $3K for each max familiar is probably a hard thing for Daybreak to do, but I hope they seriously consider it, there's been a lot of anger from the community about it.

Atan makes a crucial point though, if Krono are available on the marketplace on Nagafen, then that's really going to be huge money making opportunity for players due to the set up. Especially if you couldn't care less about titles...
  15. Craized New Member

What pve server? The only news I’ve seen is of the seasonal pvp server.
  16. Craized New Member

Characters deleted after each season? Where did you get this info? There’s nothing about it in the news letter.
  17. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Stop floating this thread with PvP, this is about the new progression server, not some season PvP gimmick. :rolleyes:
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  19. Spectre Active Member

I remember when they announced the new TLE server.. Fallen Gate went from steady grouping to hard to find. Hopefully they will slow the progression a bit, itemize gear correctly, and allow the bell to work if you do the access boat quests (Got pretty silly going to player housing for ports all the time)
  20. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

A new TLE with no familiars, no spell research, and no BLs/Chanelers sounds good to me. Unfortunately though, money talks, I can't see them volunteering to omit them from a new PvE server unless they are convinced extra subs would offset them. I'm sure the devs don't care either way, it's the bean counters that probably get the final say.

No XP pots would be pretty brutal though, unless they raise the base XP gain.
    Zenji likes this.