ETA on TLE version 3.0?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Zenji, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Heroics are a joke yes, that's more an issue of tuning rather then the expansion because heroic zones pre TSO were ALL just super simple tank and spank. I'd absolutely not join a new TLE unless it has pvp. Vanilla eq2 and the first few expansions have very little endgame content. Also I do not see myself willing to pay to lvl familiars again. FG and possibly the upcoming pvp event server depending on what it will be will be the last of eq2 for me.
    If a new TLE without any p2w would launch that'd be different.
    Ratface and Siren like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Granted that is a big 'IF', but I think it would go a long way with what is remaining of the community. Even just a FG copy paste minus Channelers, Beastlords and p2w would be enough to get myself back.
    Ratface likes this.
  3. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If the new pvp has channeler's, I will roll one just to be unkillable and laugh.

(Only way I will play)
    Ratface, Zenji and Dude like this.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Can't be any harder then crusaders :p

I'd roll a coercer, they a very nasty in PvP
  6. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

7. Elskidorr Active Member

New server hype? I'm in. Bring it! Just please not until after EQ1 anniversary stuff = b
  8. Captain Obvious Member

9. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, march, what the ruleset is though remains a mystery.

I really wish they had made a complete announcement, cause the teaser announcement people are all either assuming what they want to happen, or assuming the worst possible thing is happening.

Both of which is pretty much resulting in guilds folding, and a significant exodus from FG. Why put in work if server dies in 30 days?

I personally find making these rash decisions with as little information as we have is foolish, but these announcements on top of the low level of support and bad itemization is enough straw to break many a camel's back.
  10. Julesholland Active Member

I must admit to being curious about the next incarnation of the server and will probably play on it although it will be my first time locked server I have really looked at. Did the odd bit before but not focused.. really fancy doing so with this.

So keenly waiting to find out more
  11. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

I mean that's on them, they must not be very invested in FG if an announcement that a server MIGHT be launched in march makes them quit.

Realistically I don't ever see a server making it to or past DoV. **** became too convoluted, too many systems were added in the following xpac that I don't think they have the man power. Ideally they launch this next server with the balance changes already in place since they have had 3 trial runs essentially. Use that time to attempt to balance DoV, but I think most people will quit by then. I'd replay the heart of eq2 pvp (kos-tso) every time.
  12. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

We find out tomorrow so stay tuned!
  13. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Will they have a stream or will there just be a post somewhere?
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm interested past PoW
  15. Linus Member

It's sad, since that's the content I was actually hoping to see this time around. But I recognized that DoV was a killer of guilds. Drunder especially was just so unforgiving in any mode, it really killed any guild that fancied themselves "raider (hardmode)" but not "elite". Most guilds never set foot in PoW since it was set forth as a pure HM, so I can't lay any blame there. Hard to see a population surviving through DoV even if the support was there.

As I never raided in Skyshrine or CoE, I can't give a firsthand perspective, but I felt like that was more forgiving and it woulda possibly survived for this server, since, as mentioned, more systems allow for more to do off-times, especially short expansion cycles.
  16. Elskidorr Active Member

If a TLE is to survive to that content it likely needs faster expansion unlocks and a nice xp bump for a decent server launch, and probably some retuning to balance of itemization and classes, but if it's simply a copy paste then by the time you hit those expansions a new server will come out anyway.
  17. Notatan New Member

I disagree, if you want it to go further, you just need to start the server at KoS. Cause honestly vanilla and PoF are not fun at all and have terribad end game.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Stormhold didn't die because it started in Vanilla, Fallengate isn't nearing it's demise because it started in Vanilla. Starting later without addressing the real issues would just mean the server dies at the same place but you will get there sooner.

Proper itemization and encounter tuning. If content is way too easy, people get bored and leave. If content is way over tuned, people get tired of it and leave. If itemization is poorly done, then people lose the desire to progress their character(s). These are the reasons every TLE up until now has died or is dying. Not what expansion it started in.
  19. Julesholland Active Member

In reference to the OP, is there a eta on any information regarding a new Time Locked server. I realise that a lot of resources are currently tied up with Beta PvP but was wondering if there can be any indication of when information regarding this will come out?
  20. Elskidorr Active Member

My guess is within the next 2 weeks. Roxxlyy confirmed the information regarding EQ1s new TLPs would come approximately one month prior to the 20th anniversary, so my bet is EQ2 will also have an announcement at the same time. Late next week or the week following at the latest.