Back and looking forward to playing

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Trixwynter, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

So for the last 5 months I've been away from the game. Last I was here was during one of the swaps and I was struggling as my husband was having heart problems and spent a lot of time in the hospital. Unfortunately the day he got out my mother died of a stroke. I stepped away from the game and was having a very rough time handling her death. I never finished the project I was working on for the swap person. For that I'm truly sorry. But, I was having a hard time facing real life let alone the stress of decorating a place for someone on here. 5 months out I'm in a better place mentally and have decided to slowly dip my toes back into playing. When I'm ready I think I might do something to honor my mother. Anyway glad to see so many of you on here. And to the person whose house I never finished I'm so very very sorry.
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Norrath!
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your real life problems, my condolences :(
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Many folks have done shrines/dedicated spots/dedicated homes/etc. to their loved ones, from pets to parents. You wouldn't be alone in this. :)

/hugs

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Seefar like this.
  5. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. I'm thinking of doing a secret garden theme as she loved the book so much. Her name was Mary and she had a cousin named Colin (just like in the book). So when she was little they would pretend they were characters from the book. As an adult before she was handicapped by MS she spent most of my childhood and teenage years outside gardening. Some of our neighbors even let her set up little flower patches on their yards. All the kids on the street knew they could come eat all the tomatoes they wanted for free and she grew special hot peppers for the neighbor next door. Haha sorry know you guys don't need all that info but it is nice to think of good memories
  6. Seefar Well-Known Member

Another tribute idea might be to write a Player-Written Book... If you're on Halls of Fate I'd love to have a copy of such a book, it would make a great addition to my library :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Trix, if you're on Halls of Fate, I could whip up a Notebook for you that you could write in; check out the Item Name: Notebook, Obtained By: Crafted in EQ2Furniture.com. I can make most of those with my 80th level Sage. :)

Actually, I could probably do that on just about any other server (double-checking...yep, I have level 50+ Sages on each of my servers, all regular ones and Public Test), though Seefar wouldn't be able to have a copy as well. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I can make them on AB.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is very good for you to talk about your mum and the good times and your memories, it is how you heal, it never gets better, it just gets more manageable. My mum died March 16, 1999 at 9:47 pm and her mum died March 18,1999 at 12:07 am, March 18 was her dad's birthday. How my grandpa survived losing his youngest daughter and then his wife on his birthday at the age of 85 always amazed me, but he did. He died on Christmas Day, 2001.

Your stories hold particular interest for me as I have progressive MS. I was diagnosed 12 years ago and according to the neurologists, I should be paralyzed but I refuse to let this take anything more from me than it already has and I fight and I fight hard. I like to hear of others that had this that also fought as long as they could, they are all winners. I spend a lot of time outside when its below 60 deg F yanking weeds and trash grass. I do a lot more than my body wants me to but if I let my body or brain decide, I will be in a wheelchair unable to do anything for myself.

I am truly sorry for your loss. But know your mum does not have the constant pain and fatigue that she had while she was here and she fought the good fight and was a winner for her entire life. She is with you and you will hear her voice when you need to hear it.
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

All of us who have lost their Mum feel for you Trix - when you're close you never get over it, but as Cyrrena said, you do soldier on and it becomes more manageable though you'll always get those painful moments when it just becomes too hard to bear for a little while. /hugs and welcome back to Norrath.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Exactly!! And when those moments come, do not be ashamed to burst into tears no matter where you are and no matter who is around. I have done that for 20 years now and if someone asks or says something I tell them. Just be sure to keep a tissue in your hand in case you are driving so if the moment happens you can dab your eyes and pull over rather than having an accident.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back hun ! Like Cyrrena said above, always keep a tissue around, just reading this set me off in tears and this yr is 9 yrs since my mom has passed. Have yet to do a home dedicated to her but none have fit for it yet.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Especially if it's in the daytime and you're wearing L.A.-strength sunglasses... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Kloo Active Member

Trixwynter, I feel your pain. I lost my mom just this past August and am still reeling from it. Most days are fine, others are not. I wondered if something had happened when you never came to look at the house I did for you. I hope you have seen it now and that it cheered you up a bit. A tribute to your mom sounds wonderful, will be looking forward to seeing it.