Brig, Swash, or Assassin?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vinny, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Vinny Member

Hiya folks,

Which one of these classes will have an easier time molo leveling to max level and be able to get into groups/raids the easiest?

Thanks!
  2. Fourtyone New Member

They are all pretty much equal when leveling with a merc'.
  3. Spurn Member

Not a lot of difference in difficulty between these classes to level with a mercenary though the play style is different.

For groups or raids, assassins are pure T1 dps and that is the only thing that really matters for them.

Brigs are a mixed bag with utility and lots of dps boosting debuffs, as well as middling good dps. A little bit less squishy than assassins. Plus they are great looking, smart, talented and people like them.

Swashies are brigands that failed in brigand school and go to the swashy school down the road (on the short wagon).

Where they stand around going "derrrrp" to each other. Nice hats though!

The better class for groups or raids? The one you actually play correctly.

But that is just my completely unbiased opinion...
    TenBlinkers, Hiza, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Swashbuckler got some debuffs buffs, at one point. They were supposed to be helpful at giving the class something to actually do, since their damage is middle of the road and they really only parse well on AoE encounters.

It didn't work, to my knowledge, and their debuffs still suck.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Do classes other then Ascension still matter?
    kingmob23 likes this.
  6. Airvh Active Member

They do for debuffs... but thats about it... :(
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, 3-4 months into this xpac and I'd hardly call swashies "middle of the road" dps players. Well, at least not the ones I've had the opportunity to play with. Yes, they shine with AOEs, and what a coincidence, many of the fights are AOE involved. I've seen several fights where swashies are topping the parse atm. Maybe it has something to do with the player behind the class?
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Revanu like this.
  8. Redlight Well-Known Member

Swashbuckler for molo, assassin to group and raid, brig to group and raid as well.
  9. Redlight Well-Known Member

All swashbucklers need atm is a warlock epic 1.0 that would convert their AoE's to single target damage strikes for single target fights. Otherwise running a monk would be better for dps.
  10. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

From a DPS perspective, Assassins are currently the top of the top of single target dps, bar none. On AoE, a swash will compete with a warlock. Brigands provide a lot of damage mitigation debuffs while doing well on dps. At the end of the day, for leveling with a merc and doing basic heroics, you will see similar performances with all 3.
    You wont see any real difference until you get to the top tier raid level, where you have fully optimized gear, all the current runes, etc.
    I am currently working on an in depth Assassin guide that i hope to have done by the middle of February, and will post it on the forums once complete.
    Jaden, Baelagain, Lifebane and 2 others like this.
  11. Dilon Active Member

I look forward to it!
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

I correct myself, swashbucklers are currently in an amazing spot for every type of content.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. Phixur New Member

"I am currently working on an in depth Assassin guide that i hope to have done by the middle of February, and will post it on the forums once complete".

Just curious if this is going to be posted at some point.
    Thanks
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

The most fun I've ever had in EQ2 was soloing (no merc) a Brig from level 1 to 100 by questing.
    Prox likes this.
  15. Prox Well-Known Member

I came back after a long hiatus (3 years ),brought my Brig back up in a matter of months. Brigs rock to solo with , merc or no merc.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I love my Swashy this expansion she rocks! I enjoy playing her again :)
  17. Redlight Well-Known Member

Assassins are OP and swashbucklers too. The amount of util swashbucklers give is crazy, on top of that they are absolutely destroying AoE fights. Single target they parse slightly more than monks, and about 20% less than assassins. A swash should outdamage an equally geared sorc hard.
  18. duckster Active Member

Im sure Beastlords enjoy being overlooked on the choices .
  19. Tajar Well-Known Member

Maybe left out BL because they don't have the class. Unless you have it from back in the day, you have to buy the class.
  20. Alexstrasza Active Member

Doesn't matter what class you pick for soloing as you get a super buff when you go into any KA, PoP, CD solo instance.
    Breanna likes this.