Any tips on a statue I bought?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyrrena, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As I have mentioned in a couple of other threads, I am trying to use JesDyr's Editor to do my Sprocket's Interlocking Plane for a wedding on February 2nd. I stink at decorating, even though I love it, and I am trying to learn to use JesDyr's Editor so the house is perfect for my friend's wedding.

Anyway, I went to the tradeskill Quartermaster in Paineel last night and found these wonderful statues. The issue is, once I took them to the house for the wedding, I found that the only way they normally would place is from the ceiling, so it looks like a black bowl type thing with a long black crystal hanging down.

I like the look of it, but I need to be able to use the "bowl" type part that places on the ceiling, on the floor, so it would look similar to a pedestal sink. And I need to be able to take another one and flip it upside down so the crystal thing would be rising out of the floor. I have no clue how to do either of these things. I am looking today for videos on how to do the walls and ceiling using JesDyr's editor. Thought I would put this out there so if someone in the know could explain to me how to deal with these statues, it would be faster while I am trying to learn to skin the walls and make a ceiling.

I know this sounds a bit weird for a wedding, but its a "shadowy" wedding, done in black, deep purple, and red/blue.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, even Evil folks get married... ;->

As far as the Ceiling things go, they can be very, very fussy at times, and not inclined to play nice. This is when I'm sooo glad we have access to Ice building blocks, either from New Halas or the Marketplace, and I always try to carry around with me, somewhere, an Ice Narrow Divider, an Ice Stair, and an Ice Tile. If you place an Ice Stair or Tile high enough in mid-air (usually around eye-level to your toon), the Ceiling things will see it as a ceiling, and be happy. Once happy, you can spin them, using Roll or Pitch (I detest Pitch, personally, though I know Shan swears by it), to be completely upside-down. Save your layout file, go into your favorite editor, and look for that item; somewhere in the three angle coordinates (after the three regular placement, map coordinates) you'll see something like -92.02387349 or 178.29605197 somewhere in there, indicating it's not quite there yet at a perfect -90 or 180. If you used Roll, you can just tweak the numbers to the perfect angle. :)

If you used Pitch, the gods' mercy on you -- no, wait... (/deep_breath) If you used Pitch, you DON'T want a perfect angle; items get fussy if you do, and will "dance" all over the place (it's not as big a deal with re-skinning, but asymmetrical objects...? :-/). I go with something like -89.87500000 or 179.87500000 or 180.12500000 or something similar, and I doubt the human eye can detect a difference of 0.125 of a degree, though the computer can. ;->

180 is generally a complete flip, one way or another; the 90 degree bit might not work for what I'm thinking of (usually just spins something on one axis or another), so I'll actually have to do a bit of research and consciously think about what I'm doing with it. ;->

Uwk
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay! I figured it out: yes, you can use Roll to get it to stand on its head. ;->

The angle you'll be looking at in a layout editor is the Y-axis angle; that should be 180.00000000 (or -180; probably depends on which way you Rolled it. Mine is at -180, but it's still upside-down, which is what I was hoping for). :)

You'll have to get the Tile you're attaching it to pretty far down, though, depending on where exactly you want it; a Ceiling item will "stick" very stubbornly to its beloved "ceiling," and not move until you move its "ceiling." If you try to move it around once you've flipped it, it will refuse, unless you move it by number-crunching, and whatever the attachment point looks like, it will be visible under the Tile, or whatever else is used for the "ceiling." :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Uwk. I am willing and ready to try any tips!!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Hope it helps! :)

The whole Ice Tile as a Ceiling Thing is how I place my flush handles for my gravity-fed toilet tanks (I stole that, probably from Feb, but it's my usual toilet now...and I think my idea for using Frostfell Baubles for the flush handle is mine :D), often with Lovingly Crafted Chests. ;->

So, yeah, I know how fussy Ceiling things can get, but I couldn't remember if they flipped politely. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I used the handle from the toolboxes from Tinkerfest for handles on kitchen cabinets I had in a house, just flipped them on their side and sunk the rest of the toolbox into the cabinet. I have never done a bathroom. For Pete's Sake, I just tiled my first floor ever perfectly, thank you to everybody that made videos on using JesDyr's Layout Editor to tile a floor.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some of the tankards have handles that work well for cabinet or drawer handles, too.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I usually use those, those are awesome. And even if you can't tilt them quiiiite enough to get rid of the very last bit of the bottom rim, that can look like a hardware button or something ("Press here"). ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You've...never done a bathroom? Where do your poor toons go...? :eek:

Uwk
    whose toons usually lived in Inns back in the old days, and who only recently started doing bathrooms...probably because of contests/challenges/swaps ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Mine are lucky to get a bedroom with a bed right now. They have to use the chamber pot and then clean it out. *ewwww*
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, that's what windows are for... ;->

Unless, of course, they don't open... :-/

Uwk
    who has, nevertheless, had folks do window sill gardening for my house swaps for 2-room places (still not sure how! :D)...
    Breanna likes this.