Which solo fighters is better for Soloing ?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Satara, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Satara Member

Hello, I'm a returning player and my main is a Warden (I've always played healers since 2006).
    But I really need an Alt to explore / harvest in a simpler and faster way (I'm really tired to loose huge time harvesting every time I get aggro).
    Which fighters class you suggest me ? (keep in mind that I've never played a tank and, at the beginning, I don't need to play at high level).

Thanks all :)
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

I can't say which one is better but I have had lot of success as SK soloing things. I even soloed some heroic instances last expansion towards the end of that expansion.

I hear monk are also in good place so that is also your option.

However there are lot SK and Monks on the server (Thurgadin ) compared to any other fight class so that mean expensive master spells etc :)
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I like the Paladin myself that's my main, never had an issue with her, and you get several heals along the way to help out in healing if you do get in a fight you can heal yourself.
    Feara and Pixistik like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you want an EZ harvesting alt, either go with a pet class, or a warlock. I love the warlock ability that allows you to say to the mob, "G'wan, kid, yer botherin' me!" (Null Caress, a level 55 spell) -- it transports the mob to some random zone location, you hit F1 and ESC a couple of times to stop autoattack, and move somewhere safer. Pet classes essentially give you another combatant to fight for you.

Tanks/fighters aren't really about DPS. Their reason for being is to hold aggro. Well, except Monks, who can put out awesome aggro. Don't get me wrong, some people playing tanks do huge DPS, but they're geared to the nines.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  5. Satara Member

Thanks all for fast reply ! I'm really happy to see that this community is still alive :)
    Tonight I'll choose my alt, I really need a second tradeskill profession and a char better than my poor warden to soloing and harvesting :)
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

If you are really bothered by the annoying interruptions during harvesting then any high dps class (scout/mages) will do away with them quickly.

But if you are keen on a fighter solving that problem then the high dps tanks such as Shadowknight, Berserker, Brawlers will make short work of those annoyances when you are harvesting with SK and Brawlers being able to feign death and lose aggro on mobs at a click of a button (i forget which level you get those abilities). At low levels guardians will prove the most cumbersome as they just do not do enough damage but at max level they will be more than viable for your needs.
  7. Mandoblast Active Member

The SK Epic pet usually just kills anything coming near me when I harvest. Good times.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Magmag Active Member

For the fighters, monks have been the best at everything for a couple expansions now, so you can't go wrong with them. I would say a zerker is the second best fighter when it comes to soloing, then SK.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

Nerf zerkers. Too strong. that is all. #bringbackthememes
  10. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Confirmed, zerkers > everything. pls narf
  11. Magmag Active Member

A monk calling for nerfs, now I've seen it all!
    Revanu likes this.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

I’m just waiting on gear to fix fiery blast amigo.
    Magmag likes this.
  13. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I'm waiting for gear to fix Assassinate.
    Magmag likes this.