2018 SSHHS Thank You's and some notes that need to be said...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

[IMG]

This year has been way beyond the expectations of the community in every form of the word.

There have been some individuals that have put themselves aside time and time again to help anyone in need, no matter what the cost.

I do not know what I would have done without these individuals, truly.

Decorators
    Devilkiss | Iskatawna
    Mirteen | Vasciagio
    Kianne
    Videographers
    Ocarinah | Febirth
    Baeletha

With 2 weeks to go before SSHHS was to be complete we had 7 homes that were abandoned.
    The "dream team" as I refer to them as a term of endearment -- jumped in without even a question as to what had happened. This was cross all servers. It wasn't just 1 server or another that was the culprit. When you sign up to do a swap, you are saying you won't let someone else down during the holidays. That means something to us. There are a LOT of people during holiday time that don't have anyone and look forward to this event ALL year long.

If it had not been for your kind-hearted community members that gave their time, effort and money, several people would have been disappointed this year.

That is NOT what this is all about.
    It really, REALLY saddens me and Devilkiss to see this thing happening in our swaps.

Please keep in mind in the future if you have some Real Life emergency come up, communicate with us.
    We are more than willing to help work with you. You don't talk to us, it makes us think you have abandoned the house and the person you are assigned to decorate for.
    When someone else is decorating for you. It isn't fair.
    Please think about the community when you enter next year.
    We would love to have you join us again,
    only if you can commit and have the time.

Thank you again for those 8 dream team members that saved our swap this year -- you all mean the world to us!
    Misstake, Chikkin, Mariebella and 3 others like this.
  2. Embren New Member

A hearty "Cheers!" to everyone that worked hard to make this event happen! Everyone who helped is a true Norrathian Hero!
    Darkzypher, Misstake, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  3. Galya Member

I just want to give a huge thank you and shout out to both Daemora and Vasciagio for my darling house which they co-decorated. It is perfect and I love what they did. It is absolutely perfect! I have opened it for visitors.

It is the Snowy Dwelling in SQ Owner Galya I have not renamed it yet! I figured the videographers might need a way to get in... and be using that name. SSHHS2018

Thank you all for stepping up! I am going on record that you can ask me if you need help! I would have been happy to help out. But I agree this thing should not have happened! I am SURE there are happy people this morning thanks you all of you! Since Vasc did my house,,,,perhaps I am one. If so THANK YOU!

After all THAT is what Frostfell is all about....

Galya
    Darkzypher, Misstake, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  4. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Thanks All,

Galya -- I had so much fun decorating for you and I am glad you like your house that we did. Thank you for allowing me to do it for you this year.

I had so much fun doing the SSHHS this year. And Yes it does sadden me that some houses were left abandoned. However, in true spirit of giving everyone came together to pull it off. However, It was a last minute triumph. I have seen what has been done to those houses that originally lost their spirit and it is amazing what became of them in just 2 weeks!!!

It was a challenge; however, the decorating community came together and shown like the brightest star on top of a memorable Frostfell tree. Thank you to all that helped in crunch time!!!

A special Thank you to Daemora; for which I leaned on for support during those last weeks. She did amazing work. I informed her that some houses were not going to make it in time for frostfell swap and that I was going to help with resolving that issue. Without hesitation; she was like ok what house, where, what can I do, what do you need, how can I help. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a very special person and I love you for it.

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
    Darkzypher, Misstake, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. Mariebella Well-Known Member

I had so much fun doing SSHHS this year. Yes it's sad people abandoned projects but massive round for all the helpers!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! :D

Thanks, up-to-the-plate steppers! :)

Uwk
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I am only an occasional decorator, so I don't participate in swaps. I love the results, though, and would love to contribute some plat for the refurbishment of those abandoned houses! If a decorator needs a bit, please PM me.
  8. draidean Well-Known Member

Thank you Hannalei for my AMAZING house! I absolutely LOVE it! I would live there in real life if I could. I couldn't be more happy, it is perfect!
    Celestiell
  9. kianne Well-Known Member

You are more than welcome
    I truly hope that what ever prevented the decorators from completing or even starting them wasn't to serious... I didn't mind picking up the slack it's just a good job I had a second idea to play with or I would of been stuck... but feel free to call on me again should You need to... (hoping it doesn't happen again because it's a tad unfair to drop you job on others without telling some one in charge regardless of rl commitments manners cost nothing) that being said I loved doing he second house for a lovely peep....
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Vasciagio and Galya, you're quite welcome and thank you as well, for the warm words of thanksgiving.

I didn't think I would have time to do the swap this year so I didn't sign up, but when I heard about the abandonments, I couldn't sit idly by and not do anything about it to help out. Thankfully I had some time I could commit, and yes, Galya, we had quite a bit of fun decorating your home.

I hope next year to be able to participate, and I hope that we don't have more incidents like this again next year either.

I will say, however, that the majority of the work in your home was done by Vas. I tried to keep in mind item count so that I didn't use up his, which was more important, hehe. The garden took up a lot to begin with, so I made sure not to go overboard on all the little islands. :D
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I need a list of servers and house names I guess so I can go visit them all!
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am always willing to harvest and/or craft things on AB for the House Swap Decorators.

I still stink at it. I almost had a whole building in my Sprocket's house tiled perfectly last night using the editor (first time ever) and I forgot which placed tiles I was building from, got flustered, hit the wrong buttons and things started disappearing and I couldn't get it back to where I was. So I packed everything up again and decided to try again today. I am trying to do a build out for a wedding on the 2nd of February. After I get the floor done, I need to figure out how to do the walls and ceiling. But I was so excited just to be able to learn how to do the floor I was Snoopy dancing in my chair. The only real problem I had was when I go to build a row, I cannot figure out which button to use, I can see if I am facing west for example, that I need tiles to my right which should be north, but if I click on the bubble that would be compass point north on the little window, the tiles go to the east.

The Spousal Unit said I am overthinking it and trying to figure out the mathematics on it and screwing myself up doing that. *glares at the Spousal Unit*
    Darkzypher, Misstake, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, do what I do, since I have a sucky sense of direction: always double-check with your compass, and if you have to, spin around until you're facing the direction you need (I spin so much, I could use a good pair of toe shoes). As far as the maths involved go, the only way I remember the first three coordinates (W/E, U/D [which is actually pretty easy], N/S) is by a) sounding it out as a really odd word ("Weudns! That's it!") and b) thinking that "Everyone wants to go West, so increasing that number sends something farther West. Up = increasing number size. Everyone wants to go South for the winter, so that means bigger numbers in that direction."

The real PitA comes when the numbers that you're looking at are NEGATIVE. Gah. X-P The only way to really deal with those buggers is to think of the number line we did waaay back when in like elementary school:

<-----(-5)-----(-4)-----(-3)-----(-2)-----(-1)-----0-----1-----2-----3-----4-----5----->

where if you go to the left, you're decreasing the size of the number, and if you go to the right, you're increasing it...no matter what. Even if that means the negative number looks like it gets "smaller" (-5 to -2, for example), that's actually increasing the number overall, because you're moving to the right. If you move from, say, -1 to -4, you're decreasing it, because you're moving to the left. Such a pain; I actually have to stop and think about it separately whenever I have to work with something like that. :-/

When placing a lot of the same thing, I bless Ocarinah every time for showing us in her how-to video on how to do that when using JesDyr's layout editor (Sennen's is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't have this option, sigh). Basically, if you're doing a lot of tiling or wall-making or whatever, you can just pile the stack on the first one, placed where you want it, and if it's, say, a Tile of a size 2, and you want a bunch in a straight line all lined up neatly with no gaps or over-hangs blurring, go into the editor and Copy the coordinates of the first Tile. Then Paste that line of information into all the other Tile lines, and just adjust the one coordinate (either W/E or N/S) that will build your tiling in the direction you need by 4 (doing it by 2 will only get you half-way, if memory serves). So, starting at:

12.34567891, 0.11121314, 15.16171819

if you want to go West, just copy everything and do:

etc.

(Once again, thank you, Oaky! :D)

Uwk
  14. Lowretta Active Member

This was my first house swap and I had a blast. I hate that some houses were abandoned, but I love that so many of you stepped up to make sure everyone was happy on the 14th!! You're all Frostfell Stars!!

I did what I could to help people on MD that needed items for their homes, but I wish I'd known there was a greater need - I've have been happy to pitch in. SO! Going forward, please add me to your list of people you can tap for deco needs. I can't always help (and maybe I shouldn't!) with decorating, but I'm happy to craft items, harvest, or loot house items where I can.

I am:

Ezajia Darkheart
    Emma Appealing
    Eiya (last name pending)

All on Maj'Dul server.

Finally, thanks for organizing this swap, and letting me participate!!

jb :)
    Darkzypher, Misstake, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  15. kianne Well-Known Member

Check out the video section for sshhs2018 all info on there so you jot it down and can go visit them
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

YAY for me!!! After shutting things down and walking away, I was able to log in yesterday and get that entire building's floor tiled. A couple of hiccups along the way but I figured out a work around that worked for me, it was probably a waste of tiles in the long run, but the room is tiled perfectly.

Now I have to figure out how to skin the walls and make a false ceiling using the starry tiles, there will not be a second floor. I just look at the building and it has a stepped wall to ceiling, so it would seem to me that moving the walls in until they are completely vertical and then putting in a false ceiling would be the easiest, its just figuring out how exactly to do that.

Thank you for your tips and pointing me to Ocarinah's videos. I have watched videos by JesDyr, Kianne, and one other person (sorry I cannot remember your name right now), and I learn something from all of them. I also have printouts of the audio of a few of the videos that someone had transcribed and those help me to follow along. Had this wedding not come up, I would not have pressed myself to just dive in without figuring out the mechanics first.

Thank you to the entire Homeshow community for offering helpful advice and pointing the rest of us to sources of information. My wedding couple will thank you as much as I do, since they will not be getting married in a jumbled storage warehouse which is what my houses typically look like.
    Darkzypher, Misstake, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Join the club; there's like ONE toon I have whose Mistmoore Crags Estate won't be the poor-kitty's dungeon warehouse. ;->

One of the easiest ways I've found to do a ceiling (not that I've done many; I'm fairly lazy about re-skinning) is to lay it all out on the floor where I can loom over it and set up everything, then raise the tiles up to whatever level at the end. Once past a certain point, it might be tricky to try to raise them with just the scroll wheel sort of thing in Decorator Mode, which is when numbers are my friends. ;->

Uwk
  18. Kloo Active Member

I am always willing to help out on Halls of Fate. Just shoot me a note probably best to send notes to Kazzie (my carpenter and main decorator), Heahissa and Kammelle. Those are the ones I usually am playing, mostly Heahissa right now as I am getting her raid ready. I will help in anyway I can including making items and opening the doors to my crafting home and my dungeons so items are available to help complete someone's home.
    Cyrrena, Darkzypher, Misstake and 2 others like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Shout out to Taity(?) who did my house. . . AWESOME JOB~ ! (and Baeletha who helped. She also helped me with mine. . . .)
    Love my house! I always do. . . . Thank you! *warm hugs*
  20. Aneylee Well-Known Member

So many Thank You's to give out!

Thank you to DK and Archeria for hosting this wonderful event. Every event has some quirks thrown in and it sounds like this one had quite a few. I think you handled it great and were able to make sure everyone had a home to see! (I have no doubt there were some stressful moments for you both)

Thank you to everyone that stepped up to help out. You have no idea how much that means to the person who runs these events.

And a big Thank You to the Community as a whole. Helping out with ideas, giving a second opinion or just simple providing company on a long decorating night! It all means something!

I for one love my second family within HomeShow!!!!

Aney~