Extra barding slots

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Siruff, Dec 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siruff New Member

Dear All,

Could you explain me the mechanics of apples, please? I`ve used one to an active mount and unlocked a first extra barding slot and placed there a blue barding from pre-order. But after that the slot becomes locked again (with the placed barding inside it) - I cant get it back and change it to another barding.

[IMG]

Is it correct mechanics?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mathafern Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound like correct mechanics.

My experience with apples is that I use one and it unlock a slot on my current mount.

If I upgrade mounts the new mount will not have the slot unlocked. If a slot is available I can remove the barding from the previous mount and equip it on the new mount.

If you have a barding stuck in a locked slot I'd bug report that.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Upgrading a mount is not very sexy at the Moment when you loose the unlocked extra barding slots

Is there an official way to get the apples for extra barding slots if you upgrade a mount?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You get a barding slot unlocking apple from the Elements of Chaos Achievement for completing all the little dropped quests in all the overland zones. Also from the Achievement Triumph: Planar Punisher [Heroic] for killing all the Heroic and Event Heroic nameds.

I'm betting that there are other methods as well, I just don't know any others so far.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

And one extra barding slot is coming from the collectors edition... but if you upgrade your mount you loose these three and at the moment there is no chance to get the .. lets say 3x400 potency (whats the maximum potency for barding items) back.

Extra barding slots should be much more common or character wide (once you get it you keep it)

Otherwide even future mounts with 1000 more potency are useless
    Soara2, Zule, Wish and 2 others like this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Would been nice if extra slots where character wide for mounts instead of this , im seeing myself saving these until i get a mount i wont upgrade
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've been holding onto mine as well. Some/any information as to how future mounts will get barding slots open would be good.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Zule Member

I did not and already regret it. Got 9 levels and 3 extra barding slots unlocked on my CE mount. Now I have 3/4 of the raid chaos mount and I wonder how am I supposed to ever make it useful? What a waste.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Regular leveling of a mount with time and/or DBC seems OK for me, but the extra barding slots seem to be lost wiht no way to get them again

I see no reason and no way to change a leveled mount with 3 extra barding slots
    Soara2, Juraiya and Xianthia like this.
  10. Mathafern Well-Known Member

We need barding unattuners to get barding slots back. Not sure I want anything to do with those apples once they come out of the horse though...
    Soara2, Juraiya and Xianthia like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Soara2, barcevik and Kuulei like this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

2 months later.. still ZERO extra barding slots.. hoping for next GU
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Maybe I have missed something but I have not seen any possibility in GU109 for getting extra baring slots
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that apples drops in PQ. Is that an urban legend? :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

No idea why we cant get additional slots

I would buy one in Marketplace if available - please let us spend DBC :)

Or find a cheaper (eg research) way for getting them back to players when they allready used them on an old mount
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Months later.. and still no extra barding slot for my chaos mount

I know 3 extra barding slots but all of them are on my previous mount.

PLEASE add a way to get them again ingame, marketplace or replace the NOTRADE flag from the archiement barding apples

It's sad having a nice feature which dan only be used until an upgrade and then can never getted again
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

I have 3/4 mounts, 3 apples in my inventory and a level 10 Hestia Emberhoof, the Infinite Flame (which is about 500 less potency than the combined heroic mount)

Now the question is, should I use the apples on my Level 10 mount? :) The minute I do it, the 4th one will drop! See the predicament I am in? This is why people sometime hate the game :(
    Soara2, Juraiya, Feara and 2 others like this.
  18. Mosk New Member

We want fresh, red apples! :rolleyes:
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm in the same predicament. If only there were ways to get more fresh, red apples :D Then we could have options on the mounts. Imagine a Norrath where all mounts could be well fed and trained.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

I hope this is not somethning we get on the marketplace , theres enugh p2w
    Leave stuff like this to daily/weeklys
    Other nice stuff they could add ito this is box of shinys ( let us choose our shiny )
    Ancient ascensions
    familiar lvl potions
    Research reduction potions etc

Give us reasons to keep doing heroics , currently there are none
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.