Veteran Bonus on test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Soara, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Soara Member

Ok, so I am not getting my vet bonus on test server. Is this separate from live? How does this work?
    Also I got a message that my instance will shut down in 10 min and this is 6 min before server shut down, but no updates listed here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Dyeana Active Member

Test server bonuses are seperate from Live servers. 20 percent per adventure/tradeskill as appropriate.

Instances shutdown 4 to 15 minutes prior to the server comimg down for both Live and Test servers.

Updates may or may not be listed. Depends on what is being updated, and if it was part of the Live server change or something seperate, or something for a upcoming Live event.

:D
    Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara like this.
  3. Soara Member

Thanks! Too bad its separate.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Dyeana Active Member

I forgot one item, Test server actually gets a 100 percent Test server bonus also, besides the Vet bonus and vitality bonus.

Dye
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the perks, yep. :)

Uwk
    Soara and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

I think all the live servers get this, at least for members. I'm not sure about others, but I have a persistent 100% server bonus on AB.
    Soara, Feara, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  7. Soara Member

8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, maybe, but where do you think it was tested first? :cool:;)

Uwk
    Soara, Breanna, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

How does test currently work now? A couple years ago when i was more active on it, there was a test buffer npc, that auto leveled you to cap, equipped you with current BIS items, aa's and everything in order to test. Is that still a thing or no?
    Soara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're probably thinking of Beta, which isn't the same as Public Test. With Beta, yeah, you got all those things because they were being Beta Tested before going to Public Test (if they made it to there), and were probably using your pre-existing characters. On Public Test, you create new toons from scratch to test everything, but you can always access them. :)

Uwk
    Soara and Breanna like this.
  11. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

It's also on silver accounts. So not a member bonus. I think someone just forgot to turn off the holiday bonus.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

My guess is that this is what's going on.

Once someone realizes "the button" got stuck, we'll be back to regular xp and then I'll be wah wah about it, it's so easy to get used to more xp :D
    Soara, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

While what you're referring to was "test_copy", which eventually became the beta server, you CAN get at least a jump-start on Test if you so desire, with free unlocks of trial level 100 heroics.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/free-level-100-heroic-on-test.586056/
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, those are wonderful! I've tested those myself, and can verify: those tokens you can get from a very specific vendor only work to unlock the trial level 100 heroics indeed, the ones created at level 100; they don't work to advance a current character from, say, level 57 up to 100. But they also sell tokens that can kick a level 57 crafter, for example, up to a level 100 crafter...complete with maxing out Tinkering, Adorning, etc., everything basically tradeskill related. :)

At first, I was like, "No, no; I shan't just level my crafters the easy way; dangnabbit, I worked hard to get my main Carpy up to 100! Sweat! Blood (or at least, outraged Carpal Tunnel)! Tears! I'm not gonna -- hang on; 500 Tinkering? Automatically...? Hmm..." So, even though I have more than 9 toons on Test, I went ahead (shame-facedly, at first) and got all my 9 main crafters their tokens and shot them up to 100, each of them. ;->

The "extra" folks will have to do it the hard way. ;->

Uwk
    Soara and Breanna like this.