DarqUI help?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Khieran, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

OK, I knew about that, but what's the point of the offline utility? I don't see that it does anything. I've been making all my UI changes in-game.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The only thing that happens in the utility is file updates, and having it set up your characters' spells for things like the group and raid windows.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Khieran Active Member

OK, that's what I'm needing to do - set up spells for the group window. Is there some tips somewhere on how to do that?
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Follow the directions I gave earlier in the thread. That gets default spells based on class and level.

(2) Start the game.

(3) Move your cursor to the very upper left of the Group box. You will see a little blue "gem" button. Click that to open the configuration window.
    [IMG]

(4) The Spell Name dropdown should be pre-populated with the likely spells you will want. Select the spell. If you want some other spell that's not in the drop-down, click the little ? and it will tell you how to do that.

(5) I have Call of the Hero set up in Group to send a tell to the person I'm calling, plus let the group and raid know I'm fetching that person. You don't necessarily need to add anything here.

(6) See the tabs at the bottom? Mages have a cure, so I set up my cures also so they use the Conjy's Cure Magic.

(7) See the Settings tab at the bottom? There are several possible layouts for the group window. I have spells and cures out to the right (Layout #3) because that works best for me. If you select each of the numbered layouts one by one, you can see what your options are.
    Cyrrena and Khieran like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Is there an easy way to get all of my toons to have the same setup?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Khieran Active Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa, I had seen that ingame, but now I understand what to do with it :)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The Utility now has the ability to copy from one toon to another - select the toon and UI component from the drop-down menus. Look for the icon in the upper right just below the ? - a head with right and left pointing arrows - and click on it. In the Import settings window that pops up, select the toon you want to copy from on the drop-down menu, and click on the Import button. Done. =)
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Satara Member

Which is the fastest way to populate the 24 more icon bar ?
    In game is a difficult for me and some ability (e.g. the 'Summon Mount') doesnt work with 'useability Summon Mount'.
    Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

Save a hot bar(s) setup, then go to utility and add them from that hot bar(s). Once you are done, change the hot bar to whatever you need.

Darq UI is the best - and he is cool as well.
    Dude, Cyrrena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  11. Satara Member

Thanks ! Solved :)
    Yes, DarqUI is the best as soon you understand the potential it has. Great !
    Dude, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have been using Darq Unified since it was released and cannot fathom playing without it. Just reading through this thread, I learned about a lot of things I have never touched since lately I have been alone. *glares at the spousal unit*

The only real issue I have, is no matter how many times I set the width of the bars at the bottom, adv exp, ts exp, deity, etc, and I click the save on the setup screen, the next time I log in that value is reset and my bars are set to default. This happens on about 14 of the 22 characters on one account, 11 of 15 on another account, 2 of 2 that are used on another account, and 1 of 2 that are used on a fourth account. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set and save this setting and have the setting actually stay as I set it. The value I saved is shown on that screen when I open up the Darq window, but that is not what is being displayed on the game screen.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might go to EQ2Interface.com and in the DarqUI download, start a thread and ask Darqwood directly about the issue, he can probably help you fix it.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The only real issue I have, is no matter how many times I set the width of the bars at the bottom, adv exp, ts exp, deity, etc, and I click the save on the setup screen, the next time I log in that value is reset and my bars are set to default. This happens on about 14 of the 22 characters on one account, 11 of 15 on another account, 2 of 2 that are used on another account, and 1 of 2 that are used on a fourth account. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set and save this setting and have the setting actually stay as I set it. The value I saved is shown on that screen when I open up the Darq window, but that is not what is being displayed on the game screen.[/quote]

If I'm customizing my bottom bars, I don't use the "setup screen." In game window, on the bottom bar, to the right, there's a little button you can click that turns the entire bar "blue." Once you're in that mode, you can easily reset either the left side icons, or change your right side that make sit unique for each character. When done, hit that right side button again and the entire bar turns green. Your changes should be saved at that point.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If I'm customizing my bottom bars, I don't use the "setup screen." In game window, on the bottom bar, to the right, there's a little button you can click that turns the entire bar "blue." Once you're in that mode, you can easily reset either the left side icons, or change your right side that make sit unique for each character. When done, hit that right side button again and the entire bar turns green. Your changes should be saved at that point.[/quote]

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I have done it that way as well Bhayar and they still reset themselves, that is why it is confuddling me.
    Breanna likes this.