Chaos Descending Armor Sets--Looking for information

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bhayar, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've scoured site looking for information on the new armor sets (T1, T2, etc), in game and haven't been able to any information on looks, comparisons, how unlocked, yada, yada, yada. When checking in game with people who are usually informative, they've all responded with the same message, "Good question, cause we haven't seen anything either." If anyone is aware of a site that has these and other information surrounding the new gear, would very much appreciate a link--if there is one. Thanks in advance.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You need to loot the pattern and have the 10 gems that match the slot then buy the armor at the armor merchant.
    Once you unlock a specific pattern for a particular slot, you can buy more (on all toons on the account) from the unlock merchant.
    You have to unlock t1 heroic armor to unlock T1 heroic for the same slot.
    For raid armor (which does not require any heroic unlocks) the armor progression is:
    T1, T1, T1 Mythic, T3, T2 Mythic, T4, T3 Mythic, T4 Mythic
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

For raid armor you need the same type of previous armor
    eg: Mudwalker's pants of destruction (T1 raid) is needed for Earthwalker's pants of destruction (T2 raid)

Mudwalker (75 resolve)
    Earthwalker (80 resolve)
    Stonewalker (85 resolve)
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

First, I already know what's required to purchase as I'm currently wearing a set of armor. That set, some of the armor drops, not as a pattern, but as a reward, so patterns/gems not required. To be specific, Kedge legs of destruction dropped as both a reward and a pattern. Let me restate the question to see if I can add some clarity to what I was looking for. For example, Mermut, you list T1, T1, T1 mythic. I have to assume you are referring to Enlightenment, Destruction and iirc Deathless. If that's correct, the T1 versions just have different sets of stats. I was told in group the other day that the 'Coral" gear is T2. So, if those assumptions are correct, what you're saying is someone has to run all that crap and get T1 armor sets that they really don't need or want just to maybe start seeing the next tier. Now, if my "assumption," isn't correct, where can I find any reference to what these various armor sets are actually called so I can make some intelligent decisions on when to "need" on them at the expense of someone who is actually in need of that armor rather than complete some mindless game mechanic for getting higher levels of gear. Dunno if that made sense--still on my first cup of coffee.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The pattern names that I've seen so far are as follows:
    T1 Heroic (Saltscale)
    T2 Heroic (Coral)
    T1 Raid (Mudwalker)
    T2 Raid (Earthwalker)
    T1 Myth (Stonewalker)
    T3 Raid (Gemcrafted)
    Each 'tier' has Enlightenment, Desstruction and Deathless versions. Unlocking Enlightenment T1 does NOT unlock Destruction or Deathless T1.
    You do NOT need the same stat mix at each tier. ANY T1 will unlock any T2 and so on.

Getting an actual armor piece (as opposed to a pattern) does NOT unlock that armor pattern.. and you'll need to 'back fill' and unlock patterns to get beyond.

Example: If you get an Earthwalker piece of armor (not pattern) as a T1 weekly raid reward, you will need to loot and unlock a t1 raid pattern and T2 raid pattern in order to be able to unlock a t1 myth raid pattern.
    Pixistik, Beee and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I can see back filling being a pain- but if a Stonewalker piece drops for me I'm not going to cry much.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Mermut, as always, appreciate the further clarification. It will be helpful in the future. Now...if we could only get the damn orange runes for merc accolades, haha.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

What kind of convoluted back-filling skeewompus method of looting is this.... man, you guys that chase the carrot these days - kudos to you.. for me, that seems like a treadmill of legos right there...
    Pixistik and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

By "unlock", you mean get the appropriate gems and go to the merchant guy?
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes. You have to spend the gems, plat and coins at the armor merchant to unlock the pattern.
    Pixistik likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Pixistik, Beee and Drona like this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

13. Thundercloud Active Member

What I would like to know is which quests drop which colored gem stone so that I can concentrate on the quests that give me colors I need.
  14. Benj Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a pattern as to which quests drop specific colors. I know that the regular missions and the daily mission give 2 of a specific color, but I think that color changes each day. The weekly quest will give 15 of a specific color (again, it changes), but it will also give you 5 "Planar Stones" which can be unpacked to the color of your choice. IMO, your best bet is to concentrate on the weekly. You'll get a decent pile of assorted stones, and five that you can pick. Even if you can only run the T1 weekly, you'll get enough stones for all of your gear.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thought I'd necro this thread over coffee.

I'd purchased 2 of the T1 Raid unlocks on AB the other night--very reasonable price--via SLR. I had no clue what they were selling, nor did several others in chat. So, I asked. I did not see this option listed on Wiki, so thought I'd mention here. It may have been covered elsewhere.

You can loot ( via SLR in this case) an unlock which opens up that same piece of gear for all your toons. ie. I picked up the hands & feet in Mudwalker's Boots of the Deathless, as well as the gauntlets.
    • You do not need the pattern or stones to purchase, only plat/ status/ Tremissis coins.
    • I can go to the armor unlock merchant on my alts and purchase the same piece(s), with only plat/ status/ Tremissis coins.