Census Issues

Discussion in 'Developer Announcements' started by Jamiss, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamiss Developer

There was a problem identified with Census that began over the weekend. It has been resolved, but due to the nature of the issue exports will not begin again until the next update.
    Ayodi, Geroblue, Prox and 9 others like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jamiss!
    Ayodi, Cassta, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it looks like Census did NOT get turned back on with the update :(
    Ayodi, Breanna, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Per Feldon, hundreds of characters have updated post-patch today.
    Ayodi, Cassta and Soara2 like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah.. so it's spotty. Odd. Good to know, however.
    Ayodi, Breanna, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

only partly related as it was another census crash, but I'm still missing my discoveries from CD launch on Thurgadin. I saw that some chars got them back on other servers, so I assume the census for items discovered worldwide is accurate, but just wanted to throw this around as well, it could mean something to somebody, point to something broken or whatever. I don't know how census works, but I think item databases are tied to discoveries so if something is only discovered on Thurgadin while census is down it could cause some kind of problem temporarily.
    Anyway, I'm missing 120 discoveries on Whilhelmina - Thurgadin according to EQ2U (which is no biggie at all, I know them and I'm the only one counting anyway hehe). Example of missing item: Recipe Scroll: Myrist Trunk is discovered on all servers but progression servers (obviously) and Thurgadin. It's weird-ish.
  7. Dahakon Member

Same for me had about 10-12 discos on thurgadin with my main Oadin on launch day. not as many as most but feels nice to get them :D
    I bet due to the fact the census was down when CD launched, We probs wont see them show up. Would be nice to see them but i have my doubts about it at this stage into expansion now. Atleast i locked and then screen shotted them instead. but when u do look up the items discoed when CD launched a lot of them don't show up Thurgadin on the list from EQ2U.
    Ayodi, Breanna, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

There are still missing icons. Can these be re-exported with the next patch?
    Ayodi, Cassta, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Surgeon Active Member

There is one deleted character on Kaladim, recreated with the same name.
    It was a level 2 necromancer but is now a level 38 illusionist.
    However the level 2 necromancer is returned in the query at 1st position causing issues.
    Character IDs are

the former should be removed from census
  10. Lera Well-Known Member

The newer icons are still missing.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The icons for mount gear aren't showing up yet that I have noticed.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2 devs haven't run their dds2png exporter in a while. This script takes game icons (items, spells, etc.) and uploads them to census.

I may have to internalize item icons to eq2u using a Photoshop script. I already do this with AA/spells but I was preferring to rely on census for eq2 item icons since things are added so frequently where as spells might get touched once a year.
    Ayodi, Breanna, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I need to figure out how to read this data so I can use it for the Kaladim Guild Rosy.
    Ayodi, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ayodi, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Ayodi, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Now that we have you, we will not let you go!! *giggles snarkily*
    Ayodi, Soara2, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

A reminder that if anyone is wanting to get into EQ2 Census, I did a 1 hour video about it.

Beee, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I was helping a guildie this AM discussing that they are super hard to heal, when I realized there was a MAJOR disparity in the spell description showing from census, ie. on EQ2U and the in-game description. I'd been looking her up on EQ2U at the time.

Elementalist spell: Pact of the Fire Tyrant
    On EQ2U This shows as having only a 10 second duration.
    It is actually Until Cancelled.
    • Since the player may not benefit from wards while under this affect, the description does make a difference.

Of course, now that I am aware of the difference, I'll let our shaman know. Guess I should have clicked on her to see what she had on. We've apparently become too dependent on Feldon's site over the years ;)
    Ayodi, Feldon and Soara2 like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have spells that show in the spell description as having a 15 second duration but are until cancelled. So I think this is more on DBG.
    Ayodi, Feldon, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't forget my offer to help you and Pijotre, you have my email from my EQ2U account, just let me know what you need.
    Ayodi, Soara2, Feldon and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.