Cancelled my sub, TLE is done for

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by tbmroark, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tbmroark Member

Took a few months' break. Came back to find that the population has taken an extreme hit and that content is completely busted/itemization is somehow worse than it was in RoK. This is an extreme disappointment considering the absolute lack of good MMOs out at the moment.

Daybreak, if you start another TLE from the beginning, I might consider re-subbing. If you don't allow familiars on it or the broker box that makes it impossible for crafters to compete who don't have it, I'll 100% re-sub. As for now though, can't continue to support players on Live while the TLE goes neglected.

But let's be honest about the writing on the wall, Daybreak won't make another TLE and EQ2 is pretty close to just being on life-support.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

There will be another one, but you can rest assured it will have P2W.
  3. tbmroark Member

I'd like to believe but I'm skeptical there will be another TLE, at least one in the near future. If they do one, by the time it launches I imagine there will be enough interesting single-player games out to take up time until Pantheon alpha hits.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The PVP one is slated to come out once this one's population takes a hit. I'd guess by the summer the pvp one will be here. Once that one dies of a fiery death because pvp a new PVE one will arrive.
  5. tbmroark Member

I'm surprised there's enough interest for a PvP TLE. Even as someone who enjoys PvP, not sure I'm interested when EQ2 has heavy P2W mechanics now. Seems my sub will remain cancelled for a quite a while.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

PVP won't last more than a month or two if pay to win is on it, like familiars, pots, and ancients.
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Caul Shivers Active Member

I don't even know about another PvE TLE (not for me, 2 was enough), but PvP... Can't see it.
    Familiars, ancient spells, leapers available from lvl 10, etc... Unless they disable all that stuff, any version of PvP can't survive long.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah really not much to do to keep busy on the TLE these days. Content is so trivial u get bored quite fast, especially for us who for whatever reason cannot raid. I ran all the heroics straight from 90 in full TSO gear and there were no upgrades to be had, then they boosted the gear but I don't think they made any difficulty adjustments outside of raid mobs so guess what happened to heroics when they were already too easy in TSO gear. The only zones I find remotely fun at this point are the Vig zones and palace, both of wich can take hours to PuG because ppl don't know how to right click a black cloud or how to cure detriments.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's going to be more like vanilla, but there will be events / times that zones/areas will switch to pvp. That or, some zone is simply going to have a timed battle royale.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was sorta hoping it would be an open PvP server (bring back Deathtoll!), but I suspect it's some sort of instanced room with Battle Royale. I don't like Fortnite/PubG or that ilk, but I would try the beta in EQ2 over having nothing for PvP at all I guess. Ugh, I hope it's not Battle Royale though, lol.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

I honestly think your best hope for EQ2 pvp will be from the emulator community launching their own EQ2 PVP.
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

They're working on that?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Isn't an emulator stealing IP from DBG?
    Siren likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230625747-EverQuest-II-Rules-of-Conduct

13. You will not attempt to play EverQuest II on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Daybreak Game Company LLC or its designees.

14. You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where EverQuest II may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to EverQuest II without the express written permission of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
    Hartay and Siren like this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Are you struggling to understand what I said? I understand the white knight is strong in you, but let it go. DBG doesn't care about an emulator server. Given the example of Project 1999.

Here is DBG advertising P99 on their own EQ website
    https://www.everquest.com/news/project-1999-daybreak

Here is the same message posted on their forums by a community manager
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...update-announcement-from-project-1999.219953/

This explains how it came to be.
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/05/01/ev...legal-status-assured-agreement-with-daybreak/

So just stop it with the "it's against the rules" crap. Nobody cares. Give it a few more years and an emulator will be the only way anyone will be able to play EQ / EQ2.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I'd absolutely love an emulator of eq2 PvP, hope they get it to work and enough ppl find out about it
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a team of fans working on it. You can sometimes find them streaming while they work on Twitch.
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

Mizgamer62, Atan and Pixistik like this.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Watch out, good ole Buzzkillington is flagging posts for moderators. The kind of hall monitor you want to punch in the face.

Enjoy your remaining 5-6 users to discuss how bad the server is.
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  20. shaunisme Member

Horse is beat to death, time to move on, we had fun.