Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd still need a third-party map to have any idea of understanding what you just said. :D

Thanks for the advice, anyway! :) That's way more than I got from my previous party leader. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

jump here glide there ye I am getting dizzy just reading this never mind that I jump like a led goose
    The first one you put down listening devices in a stinky yeti suit
    The second one you go in kill all named in the first part, than go down trough the well to get to the egg and try to kill the dragon. I suggest you kill everything I ended up with about 10 tokens
    even running the place on easy.
    I know now that the first tower boss should not be attacked with magic or he's going to fry you.
    the third is cover your tracks where you go through the whole zone again but this time you thaw out and than kill the goblins.
    The fourth one is the return to the ice keep , followed by" an exalting experience" this time it's heroic and you face a big named inside the keep
    This named has some tricks up his sleeves he splits up into 5 parts you can only kill the dark one or he reforms with full health.
    But for all this there is a much better explanation on wiki or other such web sites.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Pijotre Well-Known Member

I actually updated the eq2maps recently and apart from the caverns being a bit off due to changes from permafrost to the Icy Keep: Retribution the maps fit really well. Also should have all necessary POIs including info on who to attack with magic and who to attack with melee.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

/hug
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm two-boxing the Icy Keep (Hard) on Thurgadin for tokens and accidentally fell to my freezing death on the "following" char. On respawning, my quest was deleted and I got offered a new one (which I can't finish obviously as 4 out of 5 bosses are dead).
    I don't remember this happening on previous years and it's a bit annoying. Could it be fixed for next year if possible?

Happy New Year to all of you!
    Febrith, Pijotre, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that too and don‘t remember how it worked previous years. While annoying it’s not too bad because it can be repeated every 5 minutes.

However while we’re on the subject of The Icy Keep. When the zone was first introduced in 2006 it used the Permafrost map. But after the permanent raid version (The Icy Keep: Retribution) was introduced in 2010 in Frostfang Sea the Frostfell zones were switched to that map. When 'It‘s time to slay the dragon!' was introduced in 2006 there were 3 ice walls that had to be broken with the axe from the first quest 'Mission Improbable...'. This is reflected on eq2map and eq2.fandom.com.
    So here is my question, do all 3 ice walls (1 to access the top of the western tower and the 2 in the cavern towards the egg with Vrewwx inside) still exist or were the cavern ones removed when that part of the map was changed? I know they are not there while on 'Covering Your Snow Tracks', but are they still there if you run 'It’s time to sleigh the dragon!' on your own or only grouped with people who haven’t finished that yet?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

This wasn't happening before this year, and, yes, it's annoying. I hope it gets fixed.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is only one wall that needs to be broken now, the ones in the cavern were removed.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Are you going on the Spring Road Trip with us?
  11. Kaitheel Developer

UPDATE**

It turns out that we are not having a game update tomorrow, so Frostfell will be sticking around a bit longer!

This event content is currently set to run through 01/08/19 at 7am PST*. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks for the head's up! I'm spreading the word for those who are still scrambling to do everything that they wanted with the event.
    Pixistik, Kaitheel, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks, both of you! :D

Uwk
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I was to busy with all the last moment things I wanted to do I found out at the shutdown time that there won't be one.o_O
    Falls down to the sofa all worn out , I guess I will take a nap for the next 5 days and than go for another mad dash.
    Spring ? what ? who ? where ? when?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Checking out the forums on a regular basis is your friend, but it would've been nice to have included something along those lines in the official Message of the Day. :-/

Not that most people notice it anyway, but still... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Too late to do anything about it before the event is over, but someone may need to look at the "charm" slot items on Gerbi Frostfoot that no longer have a slot at all. I was noodling with an alt on FG, and they are statted items that can't be equipped. Examples are "Small Frosty Paw", and "Small Icy Paw". (I am assuming it is also an issue with other tiers of the item as well.)
  17. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Proberbly the same issue responsible for other charm items loosing its designated slot when they made the item window overhall/stat consolidation in the summer(?) of last year. Most annoying offender that is regularly featured in chat/discord is Uri's Blessed Fishing Pole. They can usually still be equipped with item sets and dragging the item on the charm slot, however double-click to equip and macros fail.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

They still equip but you have to know where they go and drag them into the slot yourself. Would be nice to have the label back at least.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know I am way to late for this one , but on FG we never had a chance to get " scampers wheel " show globe , or maybe it's for sale on one of the merchants and I just did not see it.

another thing I meanwhile asked for, for at least 2 if not 3 years is those melting snowman you can find in Neriak
    in front of the "D' Morte Inn ".
    Please I have some decorating ideas for a Frostfell torture chamber .HA, HA MUHA MUAHAHA >:}} .
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You worry me sometimes, Schmetterling... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.