ETA on TLE version 3.0?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Zenji, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

There have been several different rumors about the next TLE server. Would love some teasers or hint on when we could expect that. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for the TLE dream.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

There has been no rumours about a new TLE server.

There has been rumours of a special PvP event server that might open in 2019. Might being the magic buzz word here.
    Siren and Dude like this.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Everquest: Battle Royale

The new money making ruse.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Summer.
    Zenji likes this.
  5. Krov Active Member

20th anniversary for eq is in a few months ?
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Wow.

I mean I knew this, but I hadn't really thought about that.

I think that makes me both happy and sad at the same time.
  7. Gninja Developer

No
    Dilon, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Feeling a little old there bud? :)
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that does make me feel rather old.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I notice with my guild it is getting slow to recruit needed classes. A new TLE would be alright, but personally I'm not really interested in running all that old content again so this server will probably be my last hurrah with eq2.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Don't say that, you have to come back for TLE 3.0! The people make the server, and TLE's are always fun at the start.
  12. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

That's encouraging, care to elaborate? I'm jonesing for an mmo with good pvp
  13. Gninja Developer

I was referring to the EQ: Battle Royal comment. Just, no.
    Dilon, Siren, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

I have returned after some time away and found my SH toons are now on AB (punishment from the gods?). I have a couple of questions to catch me up to speed because I'm looking at rerolling them on Fallen Gate.

Is Fallen Gate about to be to merged?

On Fallen Gate is the account wide rewards for completing the Heritage Quest still valid?

Thank you.
  15. OldRodKS Member

Is Fallen Gate about to be merged? Not that I've heard - we are in the Sentinel's Fate expansion currently and populations are pretty steady from what I can see

Account-wide rewards for completing Heritage Quest: yes, if you complete a heritage quest on FG, you get special currency on all your characters that allows you to purchase that reward on other characters on other servers.
    Siren, Breanna and Feara like this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

That's what I need to know, thank you ;).
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

SF is when the last TLE server died/ended, so it is a fair assumption that FG is not too far off. The population is a fraction of what it was 6 months ago.
  18. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Announce the new server pls with pvp kthxn
  19. Caul Shivers Active Member

SF on FG is in a better place than it was on SH, but the drop in population is starting to show.

Numbers are slowly starting to hit ridiculous numbers that were a turn off from EQ2 in the first place, and a big reason why a lot of people even played TLE.
    I'd say SF was the "last" expansion for a lot of people on Live (those who came to TLE).
    Heroic content is an absolute joke, and the server out of raid feels very dead - people like fun stuff to do on off-nights, can't get it on FG, try other gam or hobbies es, get hooked, leave EQ etc. Recruiting pool is smaller and smaller, slowly guilds will start to struggle for raids, some will start dying, merging, etc.
    To be fair, heroic content in SF was always shoddy, including the brownness of the Hole and design of zones in general.
    Couple that with content being utterly devoid of any challenge, and people are simply playing less and less.
    Raid mobs got a few changes, those are in a good place now (other than RT, who still has a ridiculous number of HP).

I don't know if the server can survive until DoV, or in what state.
    But even if does get to DoV, it's getting closer and closer to the state of the game on live as opposed to vanilla-to-TSO game - which is why most people rolled toons here in the first place.

That said, the final nail in the coffin of SH was FG launching.
    So maybe there's hope... But it doesn't look great atm, no...
    Siren likes this.
  20. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Heroic content is indeed a damn joke on FG. I mean, you can clear Cella with 4 big pulls with a single healer and most other heroic zones with 5-6.