Returning player and issue in CD timeline

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Satara, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Satara Member

Hello Priests,
    I am a returning player (stopped 2 years ago). Actually I play with my main (a Warden, my favourite) but I also have a defiler.
    I have done easily the PoP timeline but I have big issues with the CD signature/timeline (5-6 minutes per every named in solo instances).

Which merc do you suggest me ?
    Any tips to improve my 'solo' dps ? (actually I'm geared with items from the broker or from the Myrist chest).
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

First off, don't hit anything big on pull. All the names have a 10 hit stoneskin. For the warden, throw the dumb-fire wolves at the names to pull down the stoneskins.
    Then use acessions. Unfortunately the solo instances are painfully slow on priests this expac :(
    Kurinji and Soara2 like this.
  3. Kari Well-Known Member

For the defiler, it is helpful to spec for Scourge in your Shaman AA tree. It is in the intelligence line on the far right. It is a dispel that you can use at the beginning of a name fight (and during the fight if needed) to dispel the stoneskins. However they are just slow, and even after you gear up they are going to remain slow.

I use the inquisitor merc because he will verdict the mobs around 12% and save some time that way.
    Kurinji and Soara2 like this.
  4. Satara Member

Thanks Mermut. Any tips about merc and familiar to use ?
    And which spells are "mandatory" in a fight (heroic/named) ? If I can ask...
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Mercs do very, very little to help healers. Merc dps is attrocious.. even my lowest dpsing healers are doing close to 100x as much damage as any merc.
    An inquisitor is probably the best bet, as Kari mentioned, for the occasional verdict.
    Familiar-wise.. use the one with the best 'stats' you can get (potency, crit bonus, etc) Any proc is bonus, but not 'all that'.
    For weapons, get equalize or anquish on your weapons if at all possible. Those (in that order) are by far the best weapon procs right now.
    Kurinji, Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

dispel does nothing for stoneskins. unless shaman one is somehow "speshuil"
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Satara Member

Thanks for the help :)

I've got the Inqui Merc from Doomfire and it helps me more than any tank/dps (I can switch to "full dps" and he heal me and make verdict).
    Also, I've bought from MP at few DBC the Legendary Familiar.

Can I ask you which green adorns do you suggest for healing ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Mrrshan Member

mercs are not really useful, if you want to speed up your kills then get your potency up over 70k. use your ascensions on names, level a few to expert, those that are blue aoes or really big hits. Use dmg shield on yourself. Level your epic pet. All these things will make you a mean, fast, killing machine ... in solo anyway
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Does this one have scripted mobs?
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Get potency up, clearwater on yourself and wardens never go heal spec :D
    Soara2 and Mermut like this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

The Myrist chest gear is junk. Strip the adorns off of it & throw it away. Replace it with refined MC armor, weapons & jewelry. Take that refined MC gear and go visionary with it. Or buy visionary, if you can't craft it. You can also plat infuse...but not sure I'd recommend that right now. Unless you are plat heavy.

Takes a bit of work to get a class ready for solo & eventual grouping. Solo is even harder. A supportive guild would be better.
    Soara2 likes this.