My gathering goblin will not appear in my skills

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by WhysperWynde, Sep 19, 2018.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I have a gathering goblin approval but it doesn't appear in my skills. What do I have to do or activate to get my gathering goblin skill in the skills window where I can activate it?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Press L and look at your Tradeskill Prestige tree. Do you have a point into Gathering Goblin? If so, there will be an ability in your Knowledge Book (press K) that will summon the Gathering Goblin.

If youi have done Growf's quest series in Obulus Frontier, you have converted your Gathering Goblin into a mercenary, and he then works just like any other mercenary. You can hire/rehire him next to Growf, or if you used the Marketplace to pay for permanent summoning rights, you can summon him from your Mercenary page on your Character Window.
    WhysperWynde, Laaw, Eyeai and 3 others like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Re-committing your AA profile usually fixes such issues. Good luck!
    Laaw, Dude, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa and RosyPosy. I will try these methods.
    Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What is your level? I know that I can make a level 1 character and set all the trees so the points go where I want them to go as I earn them but I cannot use the things I set until I hit the proper level.

I know, you are probably the correct level, but I am mentioning this because a couple of times I have forgotten that I am not high enough level for something to be used yet even though I have it in my AA tree.
    Breanna, Xianthia and Dude like this.
  6. ArcaneCognition New Member

i'm level 100 and it's not in my abilities. i logged off, recommitted, tried zoning, you name it.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, that your trade skill level is 100, not adventure?
  8. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Cyrrena and Mermut, for me it was that some of my toons trade skill isn't level 100 yet. Thank you for the advice .. now busy to crafting!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. ArcaneCognition New Member

sorry it was adventure level 100 not crafting. i got my crafting up to 95 and there it was
    Sigrdrifa, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No worries, we are all learning things all the time and a lot of us like helping people and making things nicer so they want to stay and play. A good community makes all the difference.
    Marae, WhysperWynde, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Lots of times the 'have you thought about this' questions are because we've made the same mistakes in the past :)
    Marae, WhysperWynde, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, I never say this with the intent that I am calling anybody stupid or implying stupidity. But I have made the same mistakes and almost every time it was one of the forehead slap moments when I realized what the issue was.
  13. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the great advice, now I have to work at getting 4 of my 17 Skyfire toons leveled up to 100 Crafting - I know "obsessive much?" with 17 toons. What can I say? I love EQ2 with a burning passion. Also have 2 adventure toons on Kaladim but I'm not over there as much. One, a Kerran, got remade on Skyfire and my Berzerker lass was already a Clone from Skyfire.

My go-to game when EQ2 is updating and offline is SWTOR, Star Wars The Old Republic. Making a home there for all our Imperials, hubby's & mine, on Yavin 4 and hubby has a nice large Tattooine bunker for our Republicans. Going to SWTOR right now during the EQ2 patch going on because hubby said that SWTOR is giving out free walker mounts.
    Rosyposy likes this.