Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*blushes*

Uhmmm, I do save souvenirs. But uhmmm, well, *hangs head and kicks at imaginary rocks*, I uhmm probably could not find it without a few hours to look around. I have jun..,err stu…, errr souvenirs everywhere.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...almost as bad as -- >choke, gasp< ...oh, I don't wanna say it...

...deleting characters... :eek:

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't do that, ever, that is why I keep buying slots.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I blush to admit that I have, on occasion, but that's only when I deliberately created someone to test a race or class that was new to me, to see how it looked, mostly. :oops:

But they never lived long, poor things. :-/

Or when we had a lot more servers to visit houses in, and I'd created a ton of toons on my Silver and Bronze accounts just for that purpose; most of them wound up being re-created on Skyfire on my Gold account. Whatever was transferable (which wasn't a lot; I don't do much with my poor F2P toons :-/), I sent/put in the Bank/mailed off/etc. to my main there, to keep until their "heirs" could show up. :)

There was one male Iksar Bruiser toon on my Gold account, back in the mists of time before we had purchasable slots (thank you, devs!!! :D), that I deliberately scrapped so that I could make a brand new Sarnak character when that race first came out. I re-created him, though, on a Silver server (heh! Marvel comics fans will chuckle at that [probably no one else will...] ;->), and eventually again on Skyfire. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

/finditem ice axe
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does that work like the Inventory Search thing on the Character Sheet, or more places? :)

I'd love it if it did do more places... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

That IS the inventory search thing. Inventory includes all your bags, your bank bags and your house vault. It does NOT include items placed in houses. Dump layout files to search those.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat... :-/

Uwk
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and about the gifties to sell to the goblin in EL, don't turn in the quest and just keep on running the instance over and over
    more eci tokens ;)
    Once you turn in the quest you have to wait till next year to get more.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

You can repeat the Gifty Storehouse quest once a day.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/FEEDBACK:

There are plans afoot to murder Santa Glug, over dissatisfaction with him and the vagaries of the RNG gods. This actually wasn't my idea; it was bruited about on the Antonia Bayle chat channel the other night (day? I'm on at weird hours...), after one person had gotten a 7th old Cloak in a row from ol' SG. There were more than a few shouts of agreement, akin to a torch-bearing mob soon, and at least one of the folks from the old days remembered when "at least that Dark Elf guy [Gardy's a Dark Elf?] would only give you ONE present type, ONCE, per person." "It was Lore back then?" "Yeah."

Well, I know that would freak out the Broker speculators and much howling would follow (maybe; possibly not if the items could still be Brokered) among them and decorators looking for more than one of a given item, so here's my idea:

If we're gonna do the "8 new, 7 old" things again next year, which seems par for the course, how about this...rather than have SG hand out all 15, have him hand out the 1 or 2 old things that might be Heirloom (in addition to the new things, of course) that we wouldn't be able to get any other way, and put the other 5-6 old things up on the Merchants (either the regular Merchant, who sells the recipes, Shopping Bags, etc., or the sulky one who demands at least one sort of quest from you first)? That way, the folks who want the old stuff can be guaranteed to get them, and those who don't need 7 of the exact same old Cloak, for example, wouldn't be inspired to go after SG with blood in their eyes. ;->

And since the "old stuff " changes every year or so on SG, just change them out on the Merchants. Easy-peasy. :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well on Fallen gate all gifties are new , but yea I want to suffocate Santa Gluck with all those cloaks he's been giving me

yes I know that the gifty warehouse quest is daily but when I turned in the quest on one toon and did not get the quest again the next day, I thought I am wrong, it is still a lot faster though to keep on going in and get more to sell than to get 3 I think when you turn in the quest every day.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is even faster to just keep doing Icy Keep. You can reset that every 5 minutes. I do easy then hard, reset my instances and start over again.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd; I only ever get offered the "hard" version, but that could be because of the quests I'm on when I'm in there. /shrug

Uwk
    who usually does either the Decorating thing or the "walk around in a dead Bigfoot skin" thing :D
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Pijotre Well-Known Member

16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! And since you're not actually fighting anything (hopefully); basically, if you're in the "Mission: Improbable..." quest, which is where I remember the walking around in the yeti skin from, and do have to fight anything, you're doing it wrong (though it does get you back faster to the exit portal if you get killed ;->), it doesn't matter what level it's at. Got it! :)

Uwk
    who hasn't done the rest of the quests in that series for at least a decade, it seems now ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Pijotre Well-Known Member

The no fighting part only applies to "Mission Improbable..." (which you're right thats the yeti skin one, also non repeatable), for the infinitely repeatable one ("Covering Your Snow Tracks!") you need to get rid of the witnesses (kill them). Apart from getting tokens for the quest you have also a chance of the mobs dropping them, on hard with a higher chance iirc. I think "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" also has you kill the nameds but not the goblin "witnesses". I have done the non-repeatable for the first time in years, but memory is still fuzzy even though I put all the POIs for it down lol.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! :D

The first/last time I ever did most of it through was with an absolutely lousy group leader, who pretty much just a) presumed everyone in the party had memorized the map of the place like he had, so why isn't everyone catching up properly, staying together, or meeting him at each point? People were actually lagging behind; b) presumed everyone knew what to do when they got to each important point, so why were people having any trouble; c) had all the groovy drops from everything in there, so didn't see a need to waste time for anyone to loot anything (which he would take care of distributing eventually anyway, according to his own arcane formulae) in passing; etc., etc., etc. Kind of turned me off of it, and then I got so many toons, and it's so time-consuming, I just figured on not doing more than the very introductory one, which takes about maybe 5, 5 1/2 minutes. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I do the hard version with a merc, the hard version gets you more coins. But for farming, do them both alternating between them. By the time you are done with one, you can reset the other and go right in.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Its really only time consuming if you use the planks to move around, you dont need to pick up any planks to breeze through it. The Magi illusion spell that allows you to glide makes this zone a breeze, once you kill the first tower run towards the main doors to the Vox chamber end, run/jump over the edge of the wall back towards the lady running back and forth, run through kill second tower, come out back to the area the lady is running back and forth, run/jump over that wall and float down.
    The ice wall near the ravine where the well is, run/jump to the wall and keep moving along it jumping as much as possible, work your way around the end of the wall and head for the well.
    Easy once you have learned when and where to jump.
    Hard zone drops more tokens than easy. Takes just long enough to run through that it is repeatable by resetting the zone as soon as your out and repeating hard each time. I get like 11 tokens from the last named and I never thaw the goblins.
    Members can clean up on tokens in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.