Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tkia Well-Known Member

But at least you do it once and get a lifetime flag. I just wish the Jingle quest worked that way too.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

I just tried harvesting on a new toon with a harvesting skill of 5 and an old one at 674. Both worked fine and the newbie got 3 skill imps from the 3 pulls I made.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The one has some type of frost or ice buff on and if you get or stay too close you take tremendous damage.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Quillyne Active Member

Yay...the Frostfell bags have finally appeared on the marketplace! I wish they were updated to the usual 66-slot size of the other bags, but I'll take what I can get! Thanks, Kaitheel!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh; just do what I do, then, without a merc: be careful, depending on what class you're using. ;->

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Iirc, that's the one that won't take spell damage? So you either have to pepper him with range weapon ammo, or hope you kill him first when he goes toe-to-toe with you (since you get one shot with a ranged weapon before your target catches you, no matter how far away you started from)? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD, YES. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to set up, since iirc, you could be working on the "thaw 'em out" part and someone else could be talking to them to get the quest, having already done that bit. If you could be flagged for having already done the Jingle preliminaries (and all the slaughter I automatically think of at this festive time of year), can't we interact with the quest givers as per old usual each year after the first time we do this? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I couldn't harvest at all. I'm saying the TRIVIAL level of harvesting, beyond which you don't get the "no mats for you, chump! Hahaha!" kind of messages, has been raised from the old 32 to 95. X-P

Even with the "why are you checking on what harvesting level you're at with this node, chump? There aren't any rares to get! Hahaha!" (though I beg to differ; Cured Ham/Raw Fowl, anyone?) message, it will eventually tell you when you're at Trivial.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's the appearance that counts! :D

Uwk
    who has a Gnome Shadowknight with the Evil bag, which looks all kinds of fetching on him :)
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I kite him around that little circular area where he stands or if I am not in a tremendous hurry, I just set the merc on it and stand back while Evania takes care of him.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a Halfling Templar that has the Good bag and an Arasai Ranger that has the Evil bag and even though I am losing a tremendous number of slots by keeping those bags equipped, I look so AB FAB that I refuse to unequip them for larger bags.
  12. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Why does Gixen ignore one of the "Gifties" (always a Clockwonky) in your inventory? He usually picks it up the next round, but why does he leave one at all? Should be getting 20 tokens per run, not counting drops, but sometimes I get 19.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Because he takes 2 gifties for 1 token and you come out with an uneven number of gifties.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the axe that the prelude quest gave you for the job?
  15. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Well if its just the trivial level, then I advocate for it staying that way as it makes it easier to skill up new chars then, if it were lowered you'd get no skill-ups from those nodes at all which would be even more annyoing imho.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't even get the prelude any longer, when I talk to the NPC he sends me straight in to his last quest. And that axe would be long gone by now.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Just make sure when you leave that zone, that you visit the goblin on the dock without the world bell, he will give you E'ci tokens for leftovers, you might still have one left in your bag after he takes what he wants, but usually by the end of FF you can get rid of all the extra stuff to that goblin.

EDIT: D'oh, it just occurred to me that you are referring to the goblin on the dock without the world bell. Oh well, maybe someone that reads this response will not know or remember about that goblin.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Blink? You don't...save souvenirs??? :eek:

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the other long dock (there's like 3, or 2.5, with the other being a shorter one going off perpendicularly to the main two), where they often have quest-givers. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But you would get your needed mats in a timely fashion, rather than taking 3-5+ times longer than it needs to. :-/

Uwk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.