Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiffon Active Member

The bonuses aren't part of the lifetime sub. Those are only included with the 12 month subscription deal they're offering.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. ArcticflareArcadian New Member

Ahh I see now ty ;).... Would be nice to get some gear and a mount as well for dropping 320 dollars.....
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I would like info on when that PvP event beta server (which will become a live PvP event server if all goes well) is going up! That would probably push me right over the edge into a Lifetime sub, because you just know that PvP server is going to be behind a gold sub paywall.

So what say you, Daybreak? Is there a solid ETA for that PvP event beta server starting up? :D
  4. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Looking at this I feel a bit... confused
    And I'm not sure what it is rattling around in my head
    Nothing immediately stands out to me
    Definitely I can see some merits to these options
    Mostly it seems close to standard fare, mostly
    And, maybe I missed something somewhere
    Really, I do that a lot, but!
    Knowing that I find it best to always look again

/shrug
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

^^^^This is what concerns me.

Are they trying to get cash for development for the start of next year?
    Are they trying to milk short term cash because the long term outlook is bleak - get it now because there will be no later?
    Do they think people will do it for a Holiday gift? Six days before Christmas most people (well, maybe not us men), have already concluded shopping. Throwing another $300 might not be possible.

Without cool treats to use now, I will not be buying the lifetime. Throw in cool treats for the present, and I would risk the future and buy it.
  6. Satyr Well-Known Member

It's unearned income. They can only recognise a proportion of it each financial year. Their auditors are a little slack if they let them report the full amount as revenue.
  7. Silver-Crow Member

Bear in mind it's All Access membership that's being sold.... not membership to EQ2 or whatever your favourite game is.
    This still allows games to be moved out of All Access, or sold off or shut down, without violating any agreement.

While I love EQ (1 and 2) and will be playing for the foreseeable future, for me... the lifetime all access membership is a risky venture.
  8. That guy. Well-Known Member

i

I fully expect this is a last big "cash grab" before "maintenance mode" hits after the new year.
  9. Elkana Active Member

It's a my bad of course. I just figured I'd get the bonus items with the lifetime membership. So... How do I cancel the lifetime membership beings the bonus items were my primary objective. And why not offer that with the lifetime as well? LOL. seems silly not to right?
  10. Julesholland Active Member

Hmm this does have a strong aroma of desperation about it, so will give it a miss thank you.
  11. Stach Well-Known Member

What was the deal for year subscription a couple years ago? like 79 bucks? now if they did that again I might even think about playing again

OH and if you read the bottom of the deal it says they will AUTOMATICALLY renew your sub in a year if you go with the year option, They will not tell you its expiring either, like last time, which I got caught on.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, I signed up for that one, too. $300 is pretty steep for having no idea how long EQ2 will remain up and running, especially since I don't play any of the other All Access games.
  13. JoeBoo Member

The year subscription for 6 month price is the only option I would consider to restart the wife's and my 7 accounts, even though I don't have a valid reason for coming back. :)

Anything else seems to me as more of a cash grab.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  14. Azxira New Member

I signed up for a lifetime subscription. Love this game... will always play it as long as it's around. Maybe it's a strategy to get more money in within a short period of time. If that's it, that's fine with me because I'm supporting a game I love.
    Breanna, Xillean, Ratala and 3 others like this.
  15. Omshanti Member

Why does this scare me? $300 for a lifetime membership to all access.? It sounds great on the surface, but... EQNext was killed, servers on EQ2 have been merged to death. It almost sounds like a last ditch effort at a cash grab before the whole thing tanks.... I hope i'm wrong. I'll probably still buy into it, but I hope I get more than a year or two out of it :/
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

If you get 30 months, it's break even.

If you are able to do heroics/raid now, you should be fine.
    Mellody likes this.
  17. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Yeah a lot of people are thinking the same thing, milk the cow then kill it. They also said in a thread a few days ago that they would probably never put pre order item in the market place, but two days later they did it
    Lateana and Rhodris like this.
  18. Conifur Well-Known Member

Short term money now at the expense of long term income stability - that is not a winning strategy for a game that is not growing. That's like saying I am going to give my plants a years worth of water this month, and never water them again. They will die. I too love the game, have stopped playing many times only to come back - if 2.5 years from now I am proven wrong, then so be it - I will be happy - you can come back and tell me "I told you so" and I will admit you are right.
    Rhodris likes this.
  19. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

It scares me too :( but i remember that they had that deal a long time ago for LOTRO and the game is still running !
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

Wish i would have had this LifeTime Account 12 years earlier :)

Hope it works for a long time - all other games with LifeTime Accouts I own, had a shutdown
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.