Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We must focus our gaze on those that were to be caring for us while Kaitheel continued on the vacation.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Uh, what!? I just looked at the three harvest gift box objects in Frostfell Wonderland Village, and the only change this year was to make pack ponies work with them. The change before that was back in 2013. Their difficulty and minimum skill level are still the same from all that I see. I tested it on as a level 1 adventurer, level 0 tradeskiller and was able to gather from all three different harvest objects.

What harvest object specifically did you encounter a change?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Don't look my way, I wasn't in charge of that.
    My hangover is gone and I have my second wind now, can hardly wait for the next trip!
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

In the spirit of Frostfell - would it be possible to unlock the vendor for my army of alts that haven't completed any quests there? Perhaps an account wide unlock ?

Its a bit disheartening to be told "This vendor doesn't want your business" - in the Winter Wonderland.. Thankfully, Santa Glug has a heart and doesn't require some quest to unlock his gifties !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pixistik like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Not a bad idea to have an account unlock for the event, I know the quest takes like less than 10 minutes, but still some have a LOT of alts.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Ooohkay.. so I had to do some googling to figure out just exactly which quest unlocks the Frostfell vendor. You know, upon entering, theres a myriad of folk there with quest feathers, and its not quite intuitive as to which one will unlock the vendor.

As an alternative, or addition TO an account wide unlock, maybe Gerbi could say something like "This vendor wants you to visit Aildiun Mawdrun first" instead of the "i don't want your business"...

The quest giver (Aildiun Mawdrun) to unlock Gerbi is near the magic wardrobe (entrance) - the quest is Mission Improbable. It doesn't take long at all...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Doing the Tradeskill quest in Icy Keep also unlocks the vendor.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! I've always just done the Tradeskill version, since the other does take a bit longer, at times...especially if you don't know all the coordinates.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Times were, the Present nodes in the Village only needed a trivial level of 32; i.e., something even a Tier 1 harvester could get to pretty quickly. Nowadays (and I'm essentially bringing this up again, sneakily), it's been borked up to 95 for a couple of years now. Mean. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, yes we do. ;->

Conversely, the main reason I want to unlock the li'l wretch at all is to be able to buy the Frosty Glow Skimmers, but if I only have one of my alts per server go through the "help us poor ickle gobboes!" bit(s), I can then get the Skims for everyone else, without taking too much time. But it is a hassle. :-/

If I have toons at level 20 crafting (anything before that is a waste of time, since you have to leave at 9th or 19th to be able to progress, crafting-wise, and that re-sets EVERYTHING), then I'll consider doing the tradeskill thing. Most of my toons are either below that (and getting them to level 20 often takes longer), or at least level 70+ and wouldn't benefit from the level 70 recipes that much.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Third-party sites like Zam or Wiki are your friends. ;->

Or the other dude, the gobbo that hands out the tradeskill quest...ah. Sogs Frostfoot. :)

Uwk
  12. Quillyne Active Member

It's Tuesday...and still no Frostfell backpacks on the marketplace (HoF)! :*(
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Uwk, I think you might be borked. I took 2 level 100's with 0 harvesting skill and had no trouble harvesting anything. I also took a couple fresh off the boat with 0 harvesting and had no trouble. Maybe its just a display thing?

PS Either its a display thing or you did something to tick off our caretakers in Kaitheel's absence and they went in and borked just you.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can harvest just fine...until I can't. "You harvest nothing, you jerk. Why do you still try?" "No materials for you!" "Keep going...nope, you're at 94, I can keep denying you your mats." "Ah! Congrats, you got to 95. Still not getting anything until the next try. Hahahahahahahahaha."

Mean. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the main EQ2 Home page for DBG is STILL down "for maintenance." I don't remember seeing anything announced that this would take longer than the regular 2 hours for maintenance...perhaps I missed something? :-/

If it started at 7am PST, why should it be taking over 6 hours (current time = 1:42, or 13:42)? :-/

This may be affecting the Marketplace. :(

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Uwkete you must be a very special kitty , I as Kaitheel said , have no problems with the harvest.
    I run through the adventure quest line in less than 10 minutes if the first boss high on the first tower was nor so freaking hard to kill he one shot me several times.( on Fallen Gate) and I have good gear, T3 shard gear.
    I tried to mentor down same thing happened . Is this a holyday quest that's supposed to be fun , or a serious dungeon run
    there is no gear you can get in here.
    The good news is , when you do one of the ice keep quest that merchant is unlocked for ever.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pixistik like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Um, dude, all you need to do for the first Ice Keep quest is just put on the dead, smelly Yeti hide to disguise yourself. Then it's just a fairly tedious schlep through the Keep to get 10 listening devices placed. You get 30 minutes to do it in, just in case, and I can usually do it in 15-20 min., max. ;->

Still tedious.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Yea, the tower bosses...if I remember correctly one of them doesn't react well to melee damage and the other doesnt react well to spell damage, I think they have a buff that you should check and see which is which. i could be wrong, but I know thats the way it used to be. I just burn right through them with my merc at my side, but I guess it could be a little harder on FG..its still very doable.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Third-party sites are your friends ("Oh, that's the guy that won't -- >SMOOSH< -- ow...shoulda read the site..." [because iirc, back in the day, there wasn't a useful "This guy has this buff!" icon associated with them]). ;->

There's a lot of places/quests/etc. I wouldn't even bother with if it weren't for them. ;->

Uwk
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea now that you mention it was the second quest " time to kill the dragon " where you have to kill all named to open up the second area.

But that makes the first quest even easier to do, now I remember it can really be done fast.

I still think on easy that boss , any boss should not kill you with one hit , spell or anything , especially not in raid gear.
    I did the same run with a guild mate and he is a scout and I had my hands full keeping him up.

again the most important part is you only need to do one of those Ice keep quest's once and for all
    and if your after the eci tokens heck that's 10 or 20 for members every time you do the quest.

NO mercenaries on Fallen Gate .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.