Igloo door

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Unayan, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Unayan Active Member

Can anyone recommend a door style for a igloo by chance? I've looked in all "normal" places I could think of. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Usually, in real life, they don't have much of a door; often just a bit of hide tacked up across the entrance, iirc.

Maybe, though, the sort of keyhole-shaped ones for the Gorowyn houses? They're from the Marketplace, but could work, if shrunk down small enough...wouldn't be white, though. :-/

EDIT: Ah-ha! I was right about the critter skins... ;->

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igloo

The trick now would be to find one that you could walk through. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Unayan Active Member

I should have been clearer in my post.I knew animal hides where used & should have said doors or hides or whatever.
  4. Unayan Active Member

5. Unayan Active Member

6. Unayan Active Member

I should have been more specific. I knew hide were used so I should have asked doors, hides or whatever.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, that's fine. :) I think, to be authentic, if it were me, I'd find a hide rug or something that you could scrunch down small enough (depending on the size of the opening), and make sure it's one of the things you can jump, walk, etc. through. I don't know which ones, but Lera over at www.EQ2Furniture.com does; it's usually mentioned in the write-ups. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Unayan Active Member

Thank for the reminder about EQ2Furniture. I forgot all about looking there.
  9. Unayan Active Member

Found a great item for my igloo doors, "Warm Direbear Pelt". I'm happy & thank for the help.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! I know that one (at least the appearance; never tried to walk through it before), it'll work beautifully. :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Since it is frostfell this might work perfect for an igloo

[IMG]

Its a hinged snowmound that can act as a door
    from Gerbi frostfoot 20 coins
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It usually lies horizontally on the floor, but it could be tipped up, yeah. Also, from what I've been looking at on the 'Net, often the approach to the entryway is often in a roofless tunnel or trench below snow level, to keep the winds from rushing right past the opening and chilling everything, door or no. But that might be tricky to emulate here. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.