!00% ticking Power Drains

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mermut, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

What are we, as players, supposed to do to deal with ticking power drains that are full power drains every tick?
  2. Neroflop Member

report them.

What zone/ mob/ ability is it? they have actually been pretty reasonable about fixing them lately.

not trying to be a smart ***
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Zone: Eryslai: The Emperyean Steppes [Raid]
    mob: Rinturion Windblade
    ACT didn't register any power drain.. but there was clearly 100% power drain ticks going
    There were no cureable dets on the group, the only det was something about damage.. don't remember the name.. and the heal nerf det
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You probably already have a big stack of tinkered Overclocked Manastones, as well as Thunderous Essence of Power(straight power replenishment) and Thunderous Essence of Clarity (power over time).

If you have a toon on Fallen Gate, get them to do the Manastone HQ. The 101 Inheritance Manastone on live is MUCH better and actually useful at 110 since it does a 15% power replenishment rather than a fixed small number of power points.

Visit your city merchants and purchase Greater Signet of Replenishment. There's also a level 95 Superior Signet of Replenishment, but I'm not sure who sells it. From the Loyalty Merchant, you can get Focus of Inner Power, a temporary adornment that goes on your shoulders and speeds up in-combat mana regen.

However, more important than all of these is probably cure potions (Thunderous Arcane Reprieve, Thunderous Elemental Reprieve, and Thunderous Noxious Reprieve). Most power drains seem to be arcane detriments, and if you can quickly cure them, you don't lose power. Take a look at the detriments in your detriment window when fighting a power draining mob and see if it can be cured.

When soloing on any class, when there are detriments, including power drains, a healer merc who is set to only follow you is a huge help, because they cure the arcane DOT that usually is what's causing the power drain. If you let them assist or defend, they get all exited and forget to cure. There are also baubles such as the handcrafted Tranquil Umbrite Orb that quickly dispel all detriments.

This post brought to you by the automated response bubble gnome powerregen bot.
    Rosyposy and Beee like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Those are not helpful when you, instantly after using such a item, have zero power again and there is no det to cure.
    Conifur likes this.
  6. Loke Member

That's a nice list of mana regent items but it looks like you left out the best one, Essence of Malice from AoM. It generally gives 50-100% power and has no cool down although it does have a longer cast time than the other mana pots.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Sorry, I know.

I just wanted to do it and see if it made myself feel important inside. Hence the bottom line :D
    Mermut and Seefar like this.
  8. Gninja Developer

There shouldn't be any 100% power drains in any base raids this expac. I will check into it.

UPDATE: I just looked through the entire Windblade encounter and found nothing that even targets power. Are you sure its not one of your abilities?
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

The toon is mystic.. and thaum.. there's nothing the toon has that drains power.. especially not.. full drain... use power item.. full drain...
    It was also happening to the entire raid, so definitely not something my toon was casting.

ACT showed zero power drain the entire fight, so whatever it is isn't appearing in the logs.. which means I don't have any more useful information to share :S
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

can confirm massive power drain on Windblade. it happened 2 or 3 times in the fight - no clear indication what it was triggered by, time-related or %-related

each instance consisted of several ticks of power-to-0 over the span of 5-10secs.
    - power near full
    - start casting 2.5s ascention
    - fail to cast ascension cause 0 power
    - do something about power
    - restart casting same ascension
    - fail to cast due to 0 power
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I know this is raid related, but saw some of the same things in heroic zones last night. Massive power drains and virtually no way to counter it and the pots for this xpac simply aren't cutting the mustard. While I get there's not supposed to be massive power drains, I'm reminded of George Armstrong Custer's comment right before the Battle of the Little Big Horn; "There's no way there's that many Indians in one place."
    That said, thanks for checking into it, Gninja. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you discover about what's happening in raid zones.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the solo and group content, most power drains are associated with curable detriments. Not always, though.
  13. GuMeshow Member

Did you all happen to have a Troubador in your group?

I found the power feed component of Bagpipe Solo to be bugged exactly like the Mystic`s Spirit Tap was a while back. IE those taking massive damage have their power fully drained then refilled, like the amount of power being fed is so huge, it rolls over to negative. Even just 1 point in Powerful Solo will cause this to happen (3% damage into power conversion). The issue lies with the MASSIVE incoming damage. I had to spec out of it so I could use Bagpipe ...

Speaking of Bagpipe, is it intended for the cure part to be so weak? It does not cure most detriments, the ones it does seem to cure are only the ones you DONT want to cure (like in Terrene Rift) =/

And since we are on the subject of Troubadors, please fix Reverberation, Tap Essence and Sandra's Deafening Strike so that they feed more then "1" single point of power o_O
  14. Twisty Well-Known Member

Hrm this is a possibility, thanx for heads up. Will pay close attention to it in groups with vs without Troub, as Windblade's AE can be pretty rough under-resolve
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

My group had no troub.
  16. Twisty Well-Known Member

hrm perhaps possible other abilities mis-behaving again under extreme dmg also