Why the Character Select Screen in Chaos Descending is.. disgusting?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This is what I have advocated a number of times, just let the library look like the library in the game.
    Svenone, Kheldar, Dude and 5 others like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

This ^^^. Please?
    Svenone, Kheldar, Seefar and 5 others like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

100% agree - please remove the color overlay completely. :rolleyes:
    Svenone, Kheldar, Seefar and 6 others like this.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think Oompa Loompas.
    Kheldar, Pixistik, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Tchah.. Ourselves we are not local.. I don't understand "like" (removed excepting one). They are not logical if impossible to note "not like". If only for something much more best than all the rest.. Very much Facebook is "not like" and it's mutual..
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Nothing is expected? (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-december-4-2018.587706/)
    Choleric (red yellow-red yellow): tyrants, heroes, adventurers.
    Sanguinisches (yellow green bluish green) lovers of tasty food, poets.
    Phlegmatic (bluish green blue purple): speakers, historians, teachers.
    Melancholy (purple magenta red): philosophers, pedants, rulers.
    Our characters like to eat well and to tell each other interesting stories .. And how we? What here? Only melancholic cholerics? Or irritable melancholiacs?
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. EmJay Well-Known Member

My first thought when I saw the latest character select screen was:. Thanks for listening, but keep trying. Get rid of the color wash altogether.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I must admit the new version is...better. Not so harsh. But not great either. Just get rid of the completely unnecessary colour wash altogether.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's better in that it's less harsh on the eyes for just viewing, but it still completely breaks character creation. Losing the wash completely is the only way to fix that.
    Rhodris, Meneltel, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  11. Haohmaru Developer

(All) Check again when the next patch drops (likely Tuesday as norm). There is an almost white light affecting the character directly and there was indeed a red-orange wash (world lighting) un-tweaked left in unintended against it. That's been tuned to be neutral as well. I definitely know the issues with tuning character (hair color seems to be most affected) params via saturated light. This should fix it all while allowing for a backdrop that still reflects the current game environment!
    Cuelaen, Kaid, Dude and 6 others like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thank you so much, Haohmaru - it is greatly appreciated.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  14. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

15. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Less opaque.. Well.. Slightly there is no juiciness (brightness) blue and yellow in depth.. Green is weakly.. But thx all the same, Devs. Now absolutely precisely it's impossible to call this screen disgusting. And yes, the main thing, the character is isolated more accurately from a background now and it seems less concerning its influence. However the former screen was much better.. So, good work, accept our gratitudes. Thanks to all :)
  16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

It's necessary to admit, first reaction to last update of this screen was other. If we see at angle, from outside, but not at right angle (in front of the keyboard), character seems as if in fog. This fog is smoke from herb for hubble-bubble? Or I need new monitor? Or new head? Interestingly it turned out. I don't want to tell isn't liked it, but where we still will meet such? Now it as masking from external inquisitive glances, that friends did not examine our toon.. If stayed as was (when screen was green), some certainly would not be dissatisfied :mad:. Well, I think the frequenter of this game not to get used concerning experiments with their characters :). Perhaps better monitor would allow to avoid similar visual feelings. And devs probably use bitten Apple? Or Eizo?
  17. Araxes Active Member

The red gamma is turned very low on the background, which makes it look "grayed out." I'd much prefer a more highly contrasted, richer color. Or, why not make the character select screen on the Isle of Refuge background circa 2004, and leave it like that, permanently? ;)
    Tkia likes this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still say why put any washes at all over the graphic on the character select screen? Why can the library not just look like the library in game with no wash? The wash does nothing to make the art that was created beautiful or appealing. Any of the washes just tend to be irritating.

Is there some poor scrub in the art department that does not get to do anything unless they are putting washes on character select screens?
    Meneltel, Rhodris, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  19. Aeii New Member

I cannot see how many character slots I have. It is silly in the end cause I'll just play with it, but I got a bunch of bonus stuff from paying for a year of all access and now it is just a matter of over exposure. IF there was a way to pace the features and get better 1 sentence explanations that pop up. Simply try to just make 4 or 5 drafts of a single clear sentence or hire someone or even just ask the community.
  20. Gubba Bump Member

The library is so beautiful, I'd still rather see this screen with no added color.
    Rosyposy, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.