Bulwark of Order -- how is this upgraded?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Bhayar, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As you all know, this little item was added to all tanks with xpac. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a shred of information anywhere on how this is upgraded, who has the spell (check my ascension crafters, TS people, etc.) and there's zippo on forums anywhere about upgrading--outside of research. Appreciate it if anyone has any information that would be helpful.
  2. Uwopo Active Member

Research is the only way I'm aware of upgrading it. There's not a ton of point to upgrading it though, since while it increases the proc damage, the real point of this spell is to require a tank in the group to click a button every minute or so during heroic zone boss fights.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Can't fault your logic. Guess my question is, if that's the case, just make it a clickable item for a fighter and be done with it. I sometimes marvel at the logic inherently missing in some of these decisions. Let's see: we now have a combat art that has different levels (apprentice +), yet no way to improve it short of research. <searches for the placard on the wall that says, "Hit head here">
  4. Uwopo Active Member

It's an even more annoying re-hash of a past mechanic which eventually got removed from the game because it was pointless.

Instead of passive tank checks in heroic zones, we now have an active tank check that is more frustration than challenge. The only time I fail to cast it is when the lag which is now so prevalent in every instance makes the ability reset without casting.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think it just ought to be a permanent buff since the purpose is apparently to force you to always gave a tank in the group.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If that's the case, why even have the item on the tank? You can either run the instance without a tank or you can't. Meaning if you have a tank, the instance should be able to recognize it. Frankly, it's a pointless mechanic. If time is that limited for devs, let's have them spend time working on things that matter.
  7. Magmag Active Member

It resets when you attempt to cast it while your current cast is transitioning from the casting phase to the recovery phase. It's not lag.
  8. Magmag Active Member

9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Once I get back into game... and level... and gear... my guild/friend group will always have a tank in the group... just not tanking! Yeah for gimpy dps SKs! And a bigger yeah for my friends! *checks to make sure I have plenty of platinum in my coinpurse*
    Breanna likes this.