Harvesting daily quests – improvement or not?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Arcos, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Arcos Active Member

It came to me yesterday that changes to the harvesting daily quests in the latest expansion are perhaps not so beneficial as I first thought. Like most players I’m in a guild so the idea of picking up the 3 daily harvesting quests from the guild harvester NPCs seemed to work wonderfully, at first. I could pick up the quests, fast zone to the Library, pick up the daily crafting quest and so on.

Then I noticed something. If another guildee had sent the guild harvesting crews out for say T2, T3 harvests etc I could not get the harvesting quests for either PoP or CD until they came back from their labours. This seems daft since I’m not asking the guild harvesters to do the work just to let me have the quest. Surely the option to pick up the quests for the latest 2 expansions should always be available as long as enough duration has passed.

Looking further I thought perhaps I can pick up the quests in either the Coliseum for the PoP quests or the Library. Not everyone is in a guild and there must be a way for them to get the harvesting quests. Nope – in fact the NPC in the Coliseum who gave out the quests has disappeared and I couldn’t find any sign of a quest giver for the 3 daily harvesting quests in the Library. What do non guilded players do to get the quests?

I suggest two changes. Firstly put the NPC back into the Coliseum and an NPC into the Library, and secondly change the guild harvesters so that you can get the PoP and CD harvesting quests whether or not their crews are busy.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It does make sense that the GH npcs can't give the quest since they are out and about in Norrath collecting/gathering. Don't focus on them being there in the GH...

Not sure why Hilgrid in CoV doesn't/didn't show for you, I went to check if she was still there and she was.

Both those things aside: adding an npc either in the Library or possibly adding a new amenity for guilds that it's sole purpose is to give out harvesting quests, I hope something is being considered.
  3. Arcos Active Member

I forgot that some of my crafters haven't done the PoP questline so Hilgrid wouldn't show for me.

I think the most important point I tried to make was that for those who don't want to be in a guild they're being stopped from being able to do the harvesting quests in CD although they paid for the privilege.
    Kittybock and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Does Hilgrid give CD harvesting missions? Guess I'll have to ask her.

I changed our Guild MOTD to say "DO NOT send out the harvesters, or we can't get harvesting missions from them!"
    Breanna, Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I checked a week or so ago and she only offers the PoP harvesting quests.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I like the idea of having an amenity NPC that only gives out the harvesting quests, similar to the NPC that gives out adventure writs. Maybe to make it more desirable, the NPC could also give out Tradeskill writs that require doing things in the overland areas. Or simply add the harvesting writs to the GH TS Writ giver or the Adventure Writ giver.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I read in another thread that you can visit guilds that have their halls public and get the harvesting quests from them assuming they have not sent their harvesters out.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can confirm that this does work.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

....and I always leave our guilds inactive for this reason. Can't say others do but since I am one of like 3 people who still play from the Guild they are pretty much always open.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am the only one in two different guilds on AB and I keep both my halls open and all merchants, crafting stations, travel amenities, etc available for visitors to use, they only thing they cannot use is the depots.
    Kittybock and Breanna like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I did the same thing for our guild. If they're going to keep things the same, if the guild harvesters won't give out the quests because they're out harvesting, why not make them disappear so we all know what's going on. I know that's not a high priority item and I'd rather than have the same system we did in PoP, but still...
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they don't do what they did in PoP... guild harvesters can give them out, but also put the daily harvesting quests on the NPC that gives the daily tradeskill quest. Simple, easy and should be mostly copy/paste.
    Sigrdrifa, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Should also be a weekly TS mission like in PoP.
    Mermut, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.