CD TS Sig Line Done...but where are the "horse" recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Bhayar, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Finished the CD TS Sig Line this pm and I've got--well frankly, I don't know what the hell I've got--three items, a Saddle, Barding, and Hackamore. I'm inferring they're needed to craft one each of those items, but how does one actually get the recipes? There are no TS merchants that have them for sale and trying to Google for information is a waste of time. Can anyone with actual information enlighten those of us who went through the TS timeline and are waiting to craft items like these point us in the right direction. Sincerely appreciated, trust me. Was checking with the guildies and they're all asking the same question.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The recipes drop doing daily missions, adventuring, PQs, etc.
    Kitty Ninja likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sig. I had three items drop for the horse during the TS timeline. Just checked the status merchant, who "sells" the recipes to get the items, so basically it means I'll be running a lot of solos/heroics. I didn't realize they were treating these items like raid armor drops as far as a mechanism.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The 'basic' recipes are available once you finish the sig line.. the rest are random adventure/quest rewards.
    It's a matter of luck or plat.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. EmJay Well-Known Member

I am really confused about these horse items still. What I have and what I have seen being sold from the status merchant are items that are called something like Archivist's Saddle Pattern of Harvesting or Elysian Saddle Pattern of Innovation. They both say that it creates a certain item. How do you create the actual item you need to drop into your saddle slot on your horse. My horse saddle slot is open.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The patterns are the primary component of the recipes. The recipes are random drop/quest reward only.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Arcos Active Member

Got my first recipe book for the Academic set of horse tack from the daily crafting quests. Watch out because there seem to be several different ranks of horse gear, Academic, Elysian etc and you may not get the one you need for your own patterns straight away. I was lucky and could make my own saddle but not that for my alt.
  8. EmJay Well-Known Member

Okay then! Thanks for clearing that all up. :)
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Elysian are the highest tier, maybe like Fabled? Academic is like mastercrafted. Student are the handcrafted equivalent.
  10. Stammel Desperado Active Member

Where is the daily crafting quests at? I just see the guy that has you harvest and return.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The daily tradeskill quest comes from a gnome sitting on a book, Domigin Surice, in Myrist, the Great Library at ( 178, -4, 4 ). The first part of all his quests is harvesting, then you craft one thing and return it to some NPC in the Library.

There are three daily harvesting missions, much like the ones in PoP. However, you can only get them from you guildhall's Guild Harvesters.

[IMG]
    Xianthia and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Stammel Desperado Active Member

Oh, yeah. I was wanting like actual dailies and weeklies. :(
  13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

You only have to complete the initial quest, The Scrivener's Tale: Animating the Inanimate, to unlock the basic recipes from the Crafting Trainers or guild recipe vendors.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are actual daily tradeskill quests... so far we haven't got a weekly one, nor do we have a quest-giver who hands out harvesting quests in Myrist.

Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

I got a Barding recipe today as a reward for the Daily. First one I have seen.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Someone asked about the saddle recipes last night and I tried to tell them there are multiple tiers and what they were called and I got told that patterns are different from the recipe books, which I know but I was not allowed to finish my response, so I gave up.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I got Barding and Academic recipes from ts dailies.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

It is kind of.. ironic... that the TS sig line mount gear rewards are... of marginal use.. since we have no recipes for the bits.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

I have a whole bag full of patterns and no recipes. I am already bored and fed up with the horrible drop rate. This is ridiculous. Such horrible implementation of a system. To think we actually pay for it as well.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

I don't have guild harvesters because with my harvesting ponies and goblins, I didn't think I really needed them and I'm trying to keep the rent status as low as possible in the guild hall. So other than these daily quests, do the guild harvesters have anything else on them that I need? Such as do they have more tiers to harvest than the pony?

Also, can I go to someone else's guild hall and pick up the quests from their harvesters?