Is there a quick way to swap mounts?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Archimond Lifebane, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Archimond Lifebane New Member

I'm trying to swap between a leaper and a flyer. I tried playing around the macros, but no use. I tried dragging the mounts to the hotbar, but it does not swap, just tries to add it as appearance.

I would appreciate any help on this.
    Kitty Ninja and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Marae Well-Known Member

I would also be interested in knowing if there's a way to do this.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Pilarin Member

If you have the mount in your inventory you should be able to create macros for them with the use item option In the macro editor.
    You should be able to dismiss your current mount with /cancel_maintained mountname.
    I can't test it myself atm.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

/inventory equipmount -8 [mount_slot] [appearance]
    Mount slot starts numbering at 0 and is the order in which you acquired the mount (have to try different numbers to find the right one).
    Appearance is 0 for equip and 1 for appearance.

I find that clicking on the macro once unequips the current mount. Clicking again equips the new mount.
    Seefar, Xianthia, Dude and 3 others like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know this! I'll have to set that up. I had been doing the mount in your actual inventory and making macros that way, but that stopped working when the expansion released for me.

Thanks!
  6. Archimond Lifebane New Member

PERFECT thank you!

You're right about the slot number, i had to do trial and error until I get the right one. Here's what I'm using:
    /inventory equipmount -8 23 0
    /inventory equipmount -8 21 0
    Saw-Lau, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks so much! This gave me the impetus to clear out all the mounts in my Mount Window (66 of them, and I kept 5 in the window!). Now I have one adventure mount, one tradeskill mount, and three appearance mounts. Even without the macro, this would have made it a ton easier to select what I wanted :)
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is what I used to do as well. TS and Adv mounts in inventory and on hotbar.

Thank you!
    Seefar, Saw-Lau, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Does anyone happen to know if familiars can be equipped this way? It would be trés cool to be able to click a button and have my tradeskill mount and familiar summoned at once, and another for the adventure mount and familiar.
    Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

/inventory equipfamiliar -13 2 0

I swap back and forth between my harvesting mount and familiar, and my adventure mount & familiar using these commands. :)
    Seefar, Saw-Lau, Finora and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

VERY cool. Unfortunately, I can't get it to do both summons because it needs a pause, which we can't do.

My macro has:
    /inventory equipmount -8 68 0
    /summon_mount
    /inventory equipfamiliar -13 26 0
    /summon_familiar

Unfortunately, the mount is still casting when it tries to summon the familiar. So I deleted the last line and put a "Summon Familiar" on my hotbar next to my mount/familiar macros. Clicking the macro summons the desired mount and tees up the familiar, then clicking Summon Familiar gets the familiar loaded.
    Skaw and Saw-Lau like this.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Ah... I also have two macros set up for mounts, and two for familiars. Too bad we don't have a pause feature so we could combine!
    Saw-Lau and Breanna like this.
  13. Yenk Active Member

Yeah, a little drop of bitterness, but very thanks. For me thats no problem. My Gaggelu has got the most potency of all my familiars. :rolleyes:
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Try putting the familiar summon first, I think this is an almost instant cast. I usually combine this with my pet summons which works if the familiar is summoned first, but not if the other way around.
    Rosyposy likes this.