Why the Character Select Screen in Chaos Descending is.. disgusting?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Such impression, that is so made to frighten off potential players. The former character selection screen was incomparably best. Really here is nobody to whom too, also as and me, don't like this disgusting new view?
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

The Selection Screen too much red..
    Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Magmag Active Member

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Daelini and Zeddicious like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I suggest you play a necromancer and let your motto be: "Better dead than red!"

*grins*
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Better play Ratonga as Raffik, because now, on the red background, not noticeable on the selection screen at all. Besides, a choice of skin color of the character was made difficult (because the background is dominating and hinder). Developers could at least take care of a patch, returning former view for those to which new is not like. But they did't make it.. And it spoil common impression for new updating)
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We have already requested that the background be the same skin as the library, in the post Rhodris linked and further back into the beta forums it was requested as well because it is to pink/red. The art in the library is AB FAB the way it is, there was no reason to make it pink/red.
    Breanna, Rhodris, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't even want to know what it looks like to guys with red/green colorblindness. Probably kind of mustardy.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

I highly recommend use of the /feedback command on this issue.
    Seefar, Pixistik, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

At around the time when I will know how can to replace this rubbed in eyes the Selection Screen, then I will make it. And that be mistaken is peculiar to persons isn't new. If nobody wrote before your eyes, therefore nobody not see? Amazingly!
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

12. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

13. Dude Well-Known Member

Saw-Lau and Kheldar like this.
  14. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Why issues? Here the talk that as it viewed and that it was better..
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You are still here too.
    Saw-Lau, ConcealFate and Dude like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just created a thread at EQ2Interface.com asking whether the character select screen is moddable. It may not be, because you'll note that the background image is animated. If that screen is served on the client side, then yes, you can substitute new art or a plain color or something back there. That's a big "if"... if it is served from the server side, then no, we can't mod it ourselves.
    Saw-Lau and Breanna like this.
  17. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I saw your message, Sigrdrifa, there, and you are right of course. But forgive why history reached before that that players have to correct absurdities of developers. After all it's wrong.
  18. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

On the page of registration we read:"your character, your story, your adventure". Really thus? Actually not my and not his and not she, but developers (more precisely those who behind them) which play with us while we think that we play own characters. The story is more important here than players because chaos time ominously and silently forces depressive mood. And we can think out for ourselves hope that in the next updating there will be less awful concept of design (what personally I very much doubt).
    I think that the current lack of taste not fault of developers. They are not free. To them allow to do favorite routine work, but so to speak in the necessary riverbed. Naturally like that practically in all modern projects, where creative freedom depending on persons with lack of taste. But good that it's possible(big?) to modify certain code, to try to do it. And again. It can affect stability for example. So we will be to look..
    Meneltel likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Because most of the windows we see are client side and basic XML, they've always been moddable. Not everyone uses UI mods, but you can customize almost everything about how the game looks to you. The things that can't easily be changed are server side.

Some people like the new character select window. If a lot of the player base isn't clamoring for change, they're unlikely to change it /shrug.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of libraries. And I like the imagery of the new character screen, but the red hue is a tad awkward.