Mount Training

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Gerak, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Gerak Well-Known Member

When I try to train my summoned mount while in my Guild Hall or House, I get a message saying You are in a zone that does not allow summoning mounts. I can desummon the mount an resummons it and I still get the message. The appropriate stats change during said desummon/resummons.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There has been some oddness about mounts since Beta. Try moving the mount from your mount page to your inventory bags, then put it back on the mount page and resummon. If that doesn't do it, step outside the guild Hall and resummon.
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

I have no trouble summoning mounts. It is training them That I have a problem with.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Lateana like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you use a custom UI? If so, you must update two files:
    • eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml
    • eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
    The Persona window is the one causing you fits, but you need the guild window too. I use Profit, and this is what mine looks like:

[IMG]
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've not been able to start training while indoors. Unfortunately. Unlike mercs which we can summon and train while in our homes, the mounts seem to only be able to summoned while outside of an instance (home/gh/etc). It's annoying!
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not a bug that everyone is experiencing, just some people.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Interesting! I am experiencing this on multiple accounts, across all characters. Not one character on any account has been able to summon and train indoors. You are stating that you've been able to summon inside a house/instance and were able to train your mount?

(my post "sounds" confrontational, but it is not meant to be) This is the first that I've heard that this is not a behavior to everyone.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Kittybock and 3 others like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Totally. Gnome/conjy/provisioner, barbarian/paladin/armorsmith, darkelf/SK/carpenter I know for sure.
  9. Gerak Well-Known Member

Are you saying you were in your house or your Guild hall when you could train the mount?
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Guild Hall, T1 North Qeynos, yes.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I could train them in my T4 CL Guildhall and in any of my houses whether they were prestige or city homes, I have tried it on 7 different characters.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a bug, but I can't train my horses in my Gorowyn or Halas prestige homes, but I can train it in my Mistmoore Crags Estate. In the Gorowyn and Halas houses I get an error that says, "You do not currently have a mount summoned or the zone you are in does not allow mounts." Since I have a mount summoned, it must be the latter.

I just submitted a /bug just in case.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a specific house issue? I'm at my wits end having to zone each and every character to be able to train them. My apprentice house (which is where most of my alts keep their plants) is in a manor in New Halas. They can't train them in there. (just tried in New Halas t1 gh and can't train there either).

Seeing your post, I will try different houses and see if there is a different house that can work for me. I don't want to switch from New Halas housing.

Also, I've not even seen an official acknowledgement that this is even being looked at. Many things going on with expac, totally possible I missed it. I too have submitted a /bug.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or just step outside your house to train them until it's fixed?

I am certain, however, that a list of homes where this is a problem will help them run down the bug. This is the weekend, and after an expac release when I know for a fact the devs were working very, very long days, I'm guessing that this may or may not get noticed until Monday at the earliest. Using /bug certainly does put it in their work queue though.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I am already stepping outside to do it until it's fixed...not really sure why you'd think that wasn't already happening. I'd like to use what the expac offers without having to jump through hoops unlike others that don't have to zone multiple times.

I've asked already, has there been an official acknowledgement that this is being looked at.
  16. Gerak Well-Known Member

I still cannot train in certain indoors with generic UI.

I have done some additional testing and have come up with a theory.
    The inability to train mounts indoors is tied to the type of house you are trying to train in.
    If the house does not allow flying you can summon your mount but are not able to train it, If the house does allow flying you can summon the mount AND train it.
    The houses I have checked so far are:
    Can train:
    Mara
    Relic Tinker
    Ethermar

Cannot train:
    T1 Guild hall
    standard housing
    Halas Magical Manor
    Everfrost Summer

Maybe others can add to these lists to give the devs something to look at.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Xianthia like this.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm in exactly the same place. Can't train indoors.

I've tried game UI, third party UI, different regions, different accounts, different servers. Not one of my characters (and there are many...) can train their mounts indoors.

I went to someone's gh that they mentioned they could train in... still couldn't. Is it a flag? Is it account related? Is it zone? Please fix this :(
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The bottom line is it seems to be entirely arbitrary for no known reason. It depends on the guild hall, the home, whether you go outdoors the first time it doesn't work and then it can work or it won't. With 16 different characters, different guild halls, prestige and non-prestige homes, or simple rental apts, I've run the gamut of circumstances. There doesn't seem to be one single factor that sticks out as the blocking factor for simply opening the character screen, hitting your mount, and then trying to train it.
  19. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

You are not alone OP. I can't train my mounts indoors either. I have a few that can't train them in Qeynos and have to zone out to Antonica to train them. This is on 3 accounts across four servers, including the EU, US, and Test.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

I use ProfitUI CE Utility to update profit but I still don't see that training button you have circled. Instead I have the view summoned mount button. Any suggestions on how to correct this? Does the button show all the time or just when you have certain mounts equipped?