2018 Secret Santug Holiday House Swap INFORMATION & SIGN UPS!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO: Anyone who wants to join in.
    If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So, stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

WHAT: Annual Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2018

WHEN: Signups are open 10/30/2018 until 11/15/2018. (That’s 17 full days! -- DON’T DELAY!)

• EMAIL: eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com
    • Character Info:
    • Server:
    • Theme of House:
    • Where the House is:
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home

You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 15th, 2018. Decorating will run from NOVEMBER 15th, 2018 to JANUARY 13th, 2019.

(Heed the new dates for this year!!)
    DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday with A Tree in Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet.

USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY!
    WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real-world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

OPTIONS: Some people like to offer the Santug multiple houses to pick from, please no more than 3 choices though. Some people also like to decorator on more than one server. Both are awesome but not required.

Remember there are only 59 days to decorate!

WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU SIGN UP:
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you. Please limit to 3 choices or less.
    • Grant ARCHERIA (ON ANTONIA BAYLE ONLY) & FIORICET (ON ALL SERVERS) trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2018 VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2018. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • In each of the house choices, place a player written book in your SSHHS2018 home. Please provide house details that will be included in sign up email. Please also map out any other details about character or house you might think will help your Santug. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with owner character name, character race, character gender, home city, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 70 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    OPTIONAL:You can provide the any of the following items that may help your Santug but it is totally optional
    • House actor
    • Expanders. Crafted 100 item and/or 200 item marketplace expander (in any order but use 200 item marketplace expander since 100 item marketplace expander doesn’t stack with crafted one)
    • Guild hall door
    WANT TO HELP:No time to decorate a house but want to help? Please send email to eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com with list of server.character names that you are willing to provide help with. Please indicate for each one how you would like to help (crafting, special merchant purchases, harvesting, layout editor help, etc.). You may sign up as helper even if you are participating in the actual swap.

Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. If you do that, the organizers have to scramble to finish the home that you left partially done.

CERTAINLY let us know if you sign up and a real-world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate. We will happily take over the home for you, as long as we know that we need to!

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after November 15th, until it is announced as completed on the JANUARY 13th 2019!

Thank you for helping spread some Norrathian good cheer!

Archeria and Devilkiss AKA Fioricet
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mellody like this.
  2. Mariebella Well-Known Member

Will it be available on FG?

I went to live before but with first frostfell on FG and SF coming out Im going to be a busy lady.
  3. draidean Well-Known Member

I really want to do this!!! I'm Celestiell and this would be my first house I really want to but am nervous about it. Maybe I could get a small or medium house? Also ..the MP and crafted expanders don't stack anymore!?
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

The marketplace 200 and crafted 100 DO stack. The market 100 and market 200 DO NOT stack. And should really pick out a house or 2 and send them the email and add that its a first and would like a small home, they usually try to match quiet well if you suggest something like that.
  5. Misstake Well-Known Member

We will very much try to match you to your home preference. Just include that in the email.

I have sent in my email and have got everything set up for my participation in the swap =D
  6. Misstake Well-Known Member

I would imagine that FG could participate. That should not be an issue at all.
  7. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Yep it INCLUDES FG! Welcome to the Party :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. draidean Well-Known Member

I see now I read it wrong thank you =) And you know what I think I will do it. I've wanted to for awhile have just been too chicken.
  9. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Glad to have you join us Draiden! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and draidean like this.
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yes!! ME ME ME. . . sending now!
  11. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Quiarrah check your emails please :)
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Done! In my excitement I forgot the server name! LOL
  13. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

No worries! :)
  14. Aneylee Well-Known Member

So excited to see this!!!!!!!!!!!

I encourage everyone that is interested to sign up. New comers, Old comers, middle comers, all are welcome and I guarantee you will have so much fun.

Now to go find a house and sign up myself :)

Aney~
  15. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Glad to have you back with us Aney! :)
  16. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Ok You've Got Mail. I gave options hehe. Forgot to mention that Vas will be the one doing the swap. Though I have my Alt donating houses. Lol I have many houses that are WIP or Planned that are owned by Vas so he doesn't have many left to choose from. Time to start decorating the ALTs' homes since i am getting close to my limit of owned homes. :cool:

It has been a while since I have done one of these... think it was last year's NotD house swap. This is gonna be fun!!!

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
  17. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Glad to have you with us Vasciagio! :)
  18. Misstake Well-Known Member

So glad to see so many people participating =) Sure do love these swaps.
  19. Mirt Well-Known Member

Ok I'm all signed up for the Frostfell partner swap...thinks a moment...I thought that's what I emailed you about right?
  20. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Yep it sure is -- you are good to go Mirt :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mirt like this.