[Wish List] Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, I dunno; I've met lovely people at our local community college twice my age, who were either finally going to college for the first time in their lives, or finishing up after having been in the military, or raised a family, or whatever. :)

But if it's a matter of getting an advanced degree, yeah, that can be more problematic, but you'd be amazed at what's available at night, even at major universities, and if memory serves, at least one "real" institution back east (Harvard? MIT? Yale? can't recall) has put everything online. You can basically "audit" just about anything from there from the comfort of your own home. :)

Not sure how it would translate into credit hours, but I'm sure that's discussed somewhere. ;->

Uwk
    who, yeah, has thought customers are a barely necessary evil more than once ("But surely, not us! :D") :-/
    Geroblue, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I get the scowl when mine wants to go to bed, but we have been married since 2004 and I was already a well established insomniac by then, not to mention we lived on different sides of the Atlantic Ocean for a bit more than the first 2 years we were married. It was nice when the company I came to the US with still had the office here, but most of the others from Ireland had gone back, I got to work a lot of overtime so that I was at work here for their 8 hour day and for the US 8 hour day as well. If I had to go into my office, I went in at midnight and I would get off of work at 5 pm. I could do administrative stuff and reports and such from home so I was basically on-call 24/7. It was sad indeed, all of my friends returned to our home and I stayed here because of my girls "please, please do not make us go back now, we have friends and school" etc and I caved in.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch. Sounds like me and my mom, too; kids can be selfish and/or clueless. :(

At least my hubby doesn't insist on me coming to bed when he does (he needs to get up at 5:30 am, for his work), but he would like it if I spent at least some time in there, sleeping, before he has to head out. ;->

Sometimes when I do, his snoring chases me out to the couch, poor sod... "Was I at it again?" "I'd just gotten up to hit the bathroom [once I'm asleep, it'll take the wall falling on my head to wake me up], but by the time I came back, yeah. Masonry saws have got nothing on you, love." ;->

Uwk
    Karamella, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He knows better than to insist I go to bed when he does. I just get that Spousal Unit Signature Scowl, you know the one, its that one they shoot at us thinking that we do not see it and then when we say something about it, its innocence, "What? I was not scowling or making a face at you", its just like having children again.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or cats... "Don't gimme that, I know that S.U.S.S." ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Karamella and Breanna like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ah the good old days when love was young, we used to go to bed at the same time LOL but yea now, forget it, some nights he is actually going to bed as I'm getting up and we pass each other in the hall LOL
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah...one of the reasons I probably didn't get into construction was that out here, I'd be not only woken up but gone out the door by the time early bird hubby would have woken up at 5:30. Granted, shifts end at 2:30 pm, but by the time he got home from work at night, I'd probably be in bed already and we'd never see each other. :(

Uwk
    who just now realized has an interesting set of priorities... /shrug :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

There are days LOL, for the most part though, couldn't imagine my life without him, and we're together 24/7.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, amen. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, it is horrible being bedtime shamed by your cats, dogs, ferrets, or any other pet. I have heard the spousal unit tell a random pet to go and tell me its time for bed.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

LOL I hv 2 cats that look at me like woman its past 12 30 its bed time im tired lets go (will either meow or pick at the door). Hubby doesnt care gets up so early for work, as long as cats stay quiet >.> And seems it all has gone wayyy off topic of the homes, but am exicted and cant wait to play in the new house with expac!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. pumancat Well-Known Member

I think the waterfall area of Nek Forest without the tents would be perfect for the ranger/druid role player types.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since these Lists seem to be read fairly often and actually acted on (though I'm open to suggestions as to where this might go, post-wise), here's my suggestion:

LET US FLY IN THE SANCTUM SERU PLACE! :mad:

It's insane that we can't! The place is huge, with several levels; who decreed that this should be so?? It's ridiculous! :mad:

Uwk
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I know right? The guards flying around, just rubbing it in. I've jumped off the second story and fallen to my death several times like a lunatic, expecting to fly.
    At least put more teleport pads in there? Some added quest where we build them or kill creatures for them (depending on weather you are a crafter or adventurer).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yea, I noticed one request for the Village of Shin is now Mara Estate. And the Grotto request.

But I didn't notice many of the others being implemented.

Being able to fly, or use a mount, in prestige houses that don't currently allow it would be great. Yes, I have teleport pads in some places... just not the same. Sometimes I want to zoom to the far end, and sometimes I want to just ride there.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Flight in a "house"/land seems to be random...either that, or they really don't want us to be able to, for Reasons? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: what would it hurt? :-/ If they can do it for Mara, why not all of them (well, all that make sense; the Personal Dojo would be a bit much)
    Robynous and Breanna like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, dojo isn't necessary... unless an upper floor is added. Hint hint.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

The Shadowed Cleft in Moors of Ykesha
    I would love a great cavern!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What about the Personal Grotto? I don't have one, but just going by the Visit I took of it, it seems to go on forever. :-/

On the other hand, the Shadowed Cleft seems...drier, with more options. ;->

Uwk
    who got an incredible 4-room Qeynos house in a holiday swap that seemed to replicate just about everything from the poem "Kubla Khan" from Coleridge...or at least suggestions of it :D
    Breanna likes this.