[Wish List] Non-Specific House Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*laughs* Would probably get my younger daughter to play too, she is obsessed with platypus, hedgehogs, and penguins. Why do we not have penguins, they could easily live in Everfrost and Frostfang?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, hmm; those are in the Northern Hemisphere... :-/

We could have puffins, though, and maybe even auks! :D

Uwk
    trying to remember Norrathian geography enough to picture what's going on at our South Pole...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Sagedust Member

More Half-ling, Fae & Dwarf house items that can be craftable.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There are emperor penguins at the South Pole. Don't think we even know a definitive shape for the world that Norrath is located on. We can see circular items in the sky, but do we know if Norrath is on a Globe like the Earth or is it on a circular slice or plane so the flat-worlders would get this one?

Also, more variety and types of musical instruments would be most welcome.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Big time, yes! :D

And I think we're a globe; that lovely orrery in Maj'Dul (Tower of the Moon) indicates a bunch of balls here and there, including the remnants of poor duct-taped Luclin. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

Need the open iron madian that is in the jail in Nektopos castle. Again, no picture cause getting them in here is weird.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There are a lot of things in Nek castle that would be wonderful to be able to obtain. There are a ton of things in Queen Antonia's Castle as well, she has this awesome terrarium with plants I have never seen, she had these inlaid tables I would kill for (I have killed for her), and many more things, the rugs, some cabinets.

*decides not to get started as the list would never end*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(Madian?

Oh, maiden! Got it.)

Getting pictures in here requires a third-party hosting site for pics, art, etc. My fave is:

www.DeviantArt.com

which, despite the name, is fairly tame, especially with the Mature Settings on. And it's free. ;->

At any rate, once you get something like that, or Imgur, or Photobucket (though I think they're getting weird/obnoxious about any users having the temerity to post their own pictures anywhere else), or even Facebook, though they're strange-ish as well, you can do the following:

1. Take a screenshot of whatever you want to post. I have a lovely PrintScrn button on my keyboard still, but there are in-game commands you can use...somewhere, not sure where. Might be listed in the in-game Help section.

2. Publish your screenshot in your third-party site. It's always a good idea to write some sort of blurb to the affect of: "This isn't my original art, this is from the Daybreak game Everquest 2, all rights reserved." just in case. :-/

3. Since I'm using DeviantArt, what I do next is see my lovely thing published and right-click on it. The drop-down list that follows includes View Image, which brings up an entirely new page with nothing but a black background, my image, and the URL of the image itself on top. The URL, for those not tech-savvy (/raising_hand, at least before it was needful ;->), is the "address" of the web page at the top. This one is:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-specific-house-items.70/page-22#post-6525455

but don't click on it, it won't send you anywhere but right back here again. ;->

What you want to do with your image URL is get some way to highlight the whole thing and Ctrl+C (Copy).

4. Come back here and open your post, if you haven't already. Go to the little tree-in-a-field button at the top of the post, just to the left of the little film-strip button (what they used to use to make movies with in the Age of Dinosaurs). Click on the little tree.

5. You'll get the Insert Image box, with a blank area for Ctrl+V (View = Paste) for the URL you Copied. Do so. Click the Insert button.

6. Voila! Your image should be inserted. You can then write around it, or do pretty much what you could with it in Word...or more than likely, WordPad. ;->

There are several threads already on this, so when in doubt, do a Search on: posting screenshots. You'll find a variety of methods, but most along these lines. However you get to the URL, that's what the Insert Image box is looking for. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd like a "Statue Actor". You would customize it like a house actor, but it would not be animated (the various actions would be frozen in one pose only). You would dress it as desired. But there would be an additional texture setting, allowing you to choose light stone, dark stone, bronze, or gold. Then the thing, with all its gear, would be displayed with the selected texture, making it a custom statue in stone or metal, including the clothing.
    Febrith, Merriel, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Back to the old Triangle "Tile" (c'mon, devs/Art Dept., they're Triangle Blocks) wishes: I can understand why they don't want to put Triangle "Tiles" of the usual marble and Polished Wood or Ice up on the Marketplace (though on the other hand, I really don't; they could sell more of those for real money...), so decorators would actually have a reason to attend the City Festivals. ;->

But for things we can't get at all or make ourselves, like the Burnished Metal set, why not put Triangles up for that? :(

Uwk
    "Blimey, devs, I'd love a Burnished Metal Triangle Tile, I would." --Uwkete, after Hagrid
    Febrith and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I fell for that "triangle tile" thing 2 times before I realized they were in no way, shape, or form, tiles, unless they are made to intentionally trip some unsuspecting person walking across the floor. I have not purchased any since.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I really like this idea Sig. Maybe have a granite type stone as well?
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

I don't understand this at all, especially since the marble blocks on the Marketplace get twice the size of the ones from the city festivals.

But we do need them for the other Marketplace sets. (And, yes, they're blocks, and categorised as such on EQ2Furniture.)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

YOu can purchase it for faction in Freeport. \aITEM -2100494003 -1577661872:an iron maiden casket\/a
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, they do have their uses, and I can tweak them to almost lie flat when I have to (kind of a necessity for the peaky roof of a TARDIS; down to something like 84.31 degrees from 0). :)

But I'd still like Burnished Metal ones, and others from the other sets away from the City Festivals, 'cause I literally NEVER know what I'm gonna be needing until I get there. :-/

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(Yep! Thanks for that! :D)

Uwk
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are a bunch of the three-books-together-in-a-row books that are LORE. Why is a book LORE to begin with? Why limit a house to one copy? I want to do the "books by the yard" thing when decorating sometimes, and I'd like to buy a stack of these book triplets and use them to just fill shelving as eye candy.

Some examples:
    • \aITEM 1275889333 -772376481 0 0 0:[a charred book]\/a (LORE, NO-TRADE)
    • \aITEM 402888126 1542454296 0 0 0:[Assistant Researcher's Notes, Vol. 1, Halls of Erudin]\/a (LORE, NO-TRADE)
    • \aITEM -2130000892 2020703998 0 0 0:[Assistant Researcher's Notes, Vol. 2, The High Council of Erudin]\/a (LORE, NO-TRADE)
    • \aITEM -166857582 -78339550 0 0 0:[Assistant Researcher's Notes, Vol. 3, The High Council of Erudin]\/a (LORE, NO-TRADE)
    • \aITEM -721037553 -1391616320 0 0 0:[Mistmoore Researcher's Logbook]\/a (LORE, NO-TRADE)

So, if the reason these are LORE is because they're serving as trophies, that's okay... just give us a craftable three-book notebook or something!

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  18. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

I am hoping/wishing for housing in Loping Plains...but I know that's not happening.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YESSSS!!!!! +1,000! Totally agree. :D

If nothing else, it would cut down on the "books required to fill a shelf" number by substantial amounts. ;->

Uwk
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It might, after the suburbs?

Personally, I like the "afterlife version" of it: not as dark/gloomy. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.