Bleed through...from the post in the beta forums, some clarification please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Loke, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Loke Member

I have a few questions about how bleed through was originally intended to work.

Can you please clarify how many wards from the same player will mitigate a single instance of damage to a target and at what percent?

How many wards from different players in a group or raid will mitigate a single instance of damage to a target and at what percent?

If an encounter casts an ability which includes multiple applications of damage (ie. a dot), how many ticks of that damage will a single ward mitigate and at what percent? In this scenario will additional wards on the target from the same player mitigate damage from successive ticks of the dot?

Will wards of differing types stack? For instance will the mystic noxious ward and single target ward both mitigate an instance of noxious damage?

If only one ward from a stack will mitigate damage please describe the process used to determine which ward in the stack will apply.

I apologize if this has been answered before but I would like a current explanation of how the developers feel the mechanic was originally intended to apply. This has the potential to completely alter how shaman are played and will directly affect many players.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

My understanding is that under the new implementation ward layers are no longer considered. In other words if 1 ward or 4 is on a character, and bleedthrough for the encounter is at 50%, half the damage will apply to the ward, the other half to the health pool. On the surface it seems like a very bad change for Shaman, but we'll have to wait and see how they tune it to know for sure.
  3. Kari Well-Known Member

It is definitely a concern. Gninja posted in the beta forums that the bleedthrough will damage the target before any damage reduction is considered, so it looks like my plan to respec everything for damage reduction won't be helpful either.

As far as which ward is used, historically the first ward cast is the first used. In beta, most of my warding in the solo zones is from my group mitigation buff, which is always on.
  4. Loke Member

If it's "first in/first used" then mystics will no longer be able to use their group mitigation buff because the ward amount is magnitudes lower than group ward. Why risk having the only ward which will apply be the puny one from the group mitigation buff. I wonder if the devs have even fully considered the ramifications of removing ward stacking?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Bleedthrough will get through the wards before damage reduction.. but damage reduction will still apply before the target is actually damaged.
    Gninja likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

If the 'first' ward isn't big enough to absorb all the damage, other wards up WILL take the damage. It's just a case of 'if the mob has 10% bleedthrough, 10% will get through, no matter how many wards are covering the target'.
  7. Loke Member

Thank you for that clarification, I was misunderstanding how the effect would work. It still renders 70ish% of my mystic's healing spells useless but it's not as bad as I was imagining.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. quisling Well-Known Member

Bleedthrough otherwise known as "a bad idea who's time has come"
    Sigrdrifa, Mermut and Pixistik like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

10. Gninja Developer

No one has seen how its supposed to work yet due to beta server issues. Please be careful cross posting stuff from beta to live as things in beta change fairly often. The healing changes are a work in progress. Don't flip tables just yet :)
    Moorefallen, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Too late
    dariusthegreat likes this.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

I hope now we’ve seen how it works
    Or were there changes we didn’t see ?

Oooooh i love surprises ....
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

stay tuned and check back in about six hours, haha.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

well some changes seem to have disappeared :) and inquisitors haven't been touched
  15. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Mystics sure got some love. Small damage increase for Inqs, but no change to Interrogation. Disappointing, but we will see how it goes.
  16. Airvh Active Member

Mystics may get the short end of the stick in this expansion BUT we gotta look at the positive side of things. If people decide to not play as a mystic then it will just be better for us who do play since that means more chances for class specific stuff for us, drops and lower broker prices overall. (lookup Bruiser master spell prices vs any other class master spells and you will understand)
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

mystics will always be needed. great buffs

And I'm sure they will be ok as healers as well.
  18. Torquem Active Member

For the first time since years, I saw a group asking for 2 healers "pref not shammy"....
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah wards aren't top of the heal parse anymore :/
  20. Kioske Well-Known Member

@Gninja Can we flip tables yet? Wards are completely borked and pretty much every Shaman in the game is switching to a different healing class as we speak. Having a healing class that will NEVER solo heal heroics is not the way to go, bleedthrough was working just fine as it was last expac, not sure why we need to revamp heals every single expac.
    Yumie and glak like this.