Miragul's Phylactery: The Crucible

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rhodris, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm trying to do this zone for faction for the Circle of the Unseen Hand (needed for Ranger Epic 2). All goes well until I get to the three masters in the Reflection of Arrogance room, where you have to drag them onto their respective coloured pads. I have chrono'ed down so they have colour (they are level 93 mobs; I've gone down to 95), and while I can get the Blue and the Red ones locked onto their respective pads, I can't get the Yellow one (Delar) to do what it ought to. It takes no damage at all (remains at full health), and subsequently will not lock to the pad, although I can get it to stand on it. The fight then becomes never-ending and goes nowhere.

The Blue one has got down to less than 50% before getting locked to the pad, although not killed - does this have anything to do with this problem?

Any tricks, tips or advice for getting past this PITA script gratefully received (except checking wifi, revalidating files, etc).
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've had problems with that quest before also. I just kept running back and forth over the pads until he finally locked in. I mean I spent some time doing it like maybe 20 minutes, I was getting frustrated because yea he wouldn't latch on but finally he did. That was about 6 months ago though so he could be totally broken by now.
  3. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

I did this last time for my Ranger , the Mobs must be Colored so metor down to the level mobs are Green At least than the Script will run fine .
    The 3 Bosses show thier coller and the pads you need a shown by an effect only need to pull the right mob over the Pad and he will log in if he is under 50% of health.
    Look on wiki for the Walkthrough of the Zone its realy detailed and you will have succes.

Helfiren
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thank you for your reply, but as I said in the OP, I was mentored down so they were blue, not grey.The script did not run fine. I understand about getting the right coloured mob onto the corresponding pad, and succeeded in doing so for the red and blue ones, but the yellow one would NOT lock to the yellow pad. Nor could I do any damage at all to it, in order to get it to lock.

Yes, I read the wiki, and no, I did not have success. I actually left my character on auto-attack, went and made a cup of tea, came back and still no damage nor was it locked to the pad (yellow mob onto yellow pad).

I suspect that it is now completely broken. No way should anyone be trying to get the script to work for 20 minutes!
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you manage to get the mob below 50% in 1 hit it bugs out. Chances are that even when mentored you were still very overpowered.

Next time, try removing some gear and using low level abilities to take it down slowly.
    Rhodris likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Did you by chance try locking the yellow one in first? Maybe he is feeling superior and feels that he should be first. I have a few toons at a level they can manage this instance, I will run one or two through and see if the instance works.
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thanks Errrorr - I suspected it might be something like this. I will experiment, and see if I can finally get this stupid thing to work.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I did not have any trouble locking in any of them in any order on 2 characters. On the third character Red did not want to lock in, so I did it again and locked in Red first and the other two behaved like they should. Just some little bug I guess that just annoys you.