[Wish List] Frostfell!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Good point, and yeah, I completely agree with the FF stuff and most of the rest! :)

I'll take your word on the KA and other new stuff, though. ;)

Uwk
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a variation of the Frostfell work tables that look more like Frostfell. =P You know, like made out of candy or ice. I popped some snow mounds under them in my GH to differentiate them from the normal workstations, but I bet a certain artsy dev with a sense of humor could make some really Frostfelly versions.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Would love icy ones or ones like the candy cane sets they had last year (bed, table, grandfather clock, etc).
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I would love it if we had table settings that match the new tea sets (goblets, dinner plates, bowls, silverware, candle sticks, napkins, gravy boat, etc.) and not just for frostfell and all can be used for any event not just the specific holiday. Craftable.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes to all of the above here! Craftable and applicable. ;->

Uwk
    who's really, really tired of dealing with that Halfling at TS...it was one thing when no one had a use for the Shrub nodes (and why doesn't that little crud accept fish, too?), but with the "Mastercrafted" Provisioner recipes, there should be less of that cherry-picking (pardon the expression ;->)...
    Karamella and Merriel like this.
  6. Karamella Well-Known Member

Even if this suggestion is from last summer I would like to give it a push. Please give us round/oval cut out dividers, pretty pretty please :rolleyes: There are so many beautiful oval panes meanwhile, esp. the Erollisi one. And there is no way to make them fit into the wall as a window (or I'm just too dumb to figure it out).
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One way to do it is just pretend that there's a hole of some sort in the wall, largely because a lot of the "windows" we get (except the most recent holiday ones) tend to be opaque. :-/

Another way is, if it's in an area where it would be logical that it was an actual window, i.e., one on either side of a wall, get two of the panes in question and put one on one side of the wall and the other on the other side, making as sure as you can that they're the same height and one of the map coordinates (if it's an eastern wall, for example, make sure your North/South coordinate [like in the in-game map]) for the panes is the same, as much as possible). Then, using the in-game Decorator Mode, you can smish the panes into each of the wall faces as deeply as you can (which is why you want the coordinates for placing them as equal as possible), and voila! It looks like one window, in a wall hole that was made for it. :)

But yeah, I agree; I'd like to have real round and oval cut-outs, too. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Karamella like this.
  8. Karamella Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, Uwk. I'll try that on a house I'm already working on :)
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I can make this just a little bit easier for you, if you prefer manual placement. Use an ice tile turned on it's side or one of those icy room dividers that you can see through...would make it easier to see where the window is positioned on the other side of the wall without having to find the exact coordinates. You could then remove the icy divider or tile and put in your regular wall, simply by 'sliding' one or both of the windows out using the up/down arrows on the in-game editor tools, and sliding them back into place once the wall is positioned where you want it. Both windows will be in the same spot without ever having to open up the layout editor or notepad and messing with coordinates. :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good point, yeah! :)

I often use the Polished Ice stuff when I can for decorating aids (I have a few noob toons that need to get theirs, once New Halas' City Festival comes round again), but I'll cheat and place the final divider/wall/etc. anywhere in the house, then go into the editor(s) and replace the final wall coords with the Polished Ice ones, essentially "swapping" the one for the other. I've been trusting my eye/hand placement more these days, but for me it's still no substitute yet for number-crunching. :-/

Though that method sounds easy enough even for my butterfingers; I should try it. :) Would probably save time... ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Merriel like this.
  11. Karamella Well-Known Member

Great idea, ty Merriel :) *shuffling around trying to find a suitable divider*
  12. SierraDawn Active Member

YES, yes andddd YES!!! ;)
  13. Mirt Well-Known Member

Can we get a quest for evil toons, for Frostfell, that has us eliminate all frostfell elves and rewards a house item trophy of such deeds? evil grin
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still have not even figured out how to use the panes, like the Jester's window on a prebuilt wall in my house like for instance a Kromzek keep wall and not see the brick wall through the pane. I told you, "JesDyr's Layout Editor for Dummies, Extended Edition" is required.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For something like that, what I'll often do is put up a Cloudy or Starry Tile/Square/whatever they call it if not "Tile"/etc. vertically, then the Window over that. It is kind of tricky to do the Tile bit without number crunching, but it can be done. :) Then get it as close to the wall as you can, then put the Window on over that. The frame of the Window itself should take care of any issues about if the Tile is like a half-inch (relatively) off from the wall, and it'll look like a window out to a nice sky scene. I've also seen folks use things like the landscape paintings for much the same effect. :)

If the painting or Tile or whatever is a little off, size-wise, you can then take the Window "out" a bit and adjust the underlying thing, then move the Window back. Once a Wall item is up, moving it in and out is easy, though I still miss being able to just slide them up and down. :(

Dang it, Tenchigirl (I think it was she who campaigned for it) was absolutely right; we need an axis of movement in all 3 directions. It would be such a boon, for example, for Ceiling items... :-/

Uwk
    a lover of skylights ('cause at least then, the Tiles are usually still horizontal...)
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Karamella like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thanks Uwk. I will try this. I have 1 city house left, I keep it empty so that I can practice the things they do in the videos for JesDyr's editor, I will try your suggestion in that house and practice until I get it right.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Karamella Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I do. Baubbleshire, some of the Qeynos paintings, the cliff painting or the lonely tree look quite good as a view out of the window. And of course the cloudy square from ME. Every month I stock up squares so I'll never run short :)
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is the Snowy Dwelling. It has a cabin with a basement an outdoor area with trees and frozen things and water. I cannot remember if when I bought it one rainbow bridge was in it or if I added the rainbow bridges.

It is a replica of that cabin you go to during Frostfell to complete the quest series that sends you to Maldura to share Frostfell with them.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Iirc, there aren't any rainbow bridges that come with it, so you probably added those, Cy. :)

Uwk
    proud owner of one on Halls of Fate, but haven't visited in a bit :-/
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have 3 rainbow bridges in there, I know I added 2, couldn't remember on the 3rd, thanks Uwk. This one I have published, of course my girls could have decorated it much better when they were less than 3, they are both in their 30s now, but I did it and published it a couple years ago, I think its called Gigglegibber's Frostfell Feast or something close to that. All of mine that I have published start with Cyrrena's blah blah blah so its easy to find mine.

I have also published House of Tributes and Great Norrathian Bunny Ranch, Rum Runner's Cove and Market, and 3 others I think. Pretty sure people just go in them to laugh and then give them a like for giving them a laugh.