Amok in Guk: Lower halls (solo) is bugged

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Nerkoon, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Nerkoon Member

When fighting with the king at the end of the place game eventually adds so many mobs into battle that it cannot handle that anymore and you get kicked back into character select.

Also is it really meant that mobs can permanently stiffle you? My regen is enough to make sure that mobs cannot damage me, but I cannot damage them either as they keep me permanently stiffled. And waiting for merc to kill the king is not possible as game chokes on mobs before I start taking any damage from them.
  2. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I've had this fight bug a few times on me now.. hundreds and hundreds of adds.. stiffled the entire time.

To minimize it from happening I pull the room, clear it, then pull the named as a single encounter. When he dose spawn adds, I try to AE them down as fast as I can; then focus back on him.

Doesn't always work but seems to minimize it from happening. When it dose happen, I pop off all my buffs and force myself to die.. The bug has yet to happen twice in a row.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

As Cragfire suggested, kill those adds.

When I do the zone with a low(ish) dps character, I kill the adds. It makes the fight feel like it's very long but at least don't get booted to character select.
  5. Nerkoon Member

No, it is not. The fact that it can boot you to character select is clear sign, that it is bugged.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, it's a clear sign that your computer, using your current graphics settings, can't handle rendering the adds. There are things you can do to help this. You can go to ultra low display settings for this fight (when I raid, I do this). If it's still bad, F9 to zoom into first person and look at your feet. After that, it's down to "get more RAM", "get a solid state HDD", etc.

However, if you prevent the stifle, you can kill things, and therefore won't get as many adds. You're not using all the resources available to you.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Are you saying that if you didn't get booted to the character select screen, you would be able to clear the "hundreds and hundreds of adds" ?

Don't get me wrong - I do think that the number of adds that show up during a "fail" condition could be lessened, especially considering this is supposed to be a solo zone - but specifying the boot to character select as the bug probably isn't the exact issue of that encounter.

Try using the aforementioned items to remedy the stifle situation. Also try clearing the room prior to pulling the last named. Those strategies have proven to have a positive effect on the outcome of that fight.

dangit - i quoted the wrong post. my bag.

Running the Guk Solo zones are definitely a challenge in sanity on a lower dps character. I have some "nascar" type toons that only use the Signature line gear / gear from adventuring (non-heroic) - and let me tell ya - I have yet to finish a complete Guk zone on my Templar or tanks just due to the time it takes to kill a mob in there. I get mad and frustrated, then log in a pure dps toon and kill everything just to relieve that stress.
  8. Nerkoon Member

Your comment is actually very funny. Fast 8-core processor, 32-gigs of ram and Vega 64 are more than enough to run Eq2 at any settings I want to use. Actually most of the time my GPU usage in Eq2 is so low that cards active cooling does not even start.

So, nope, I am not running out of GPU / CPU / memory, but instead I am hitting limitations of the game engine. Adamant Resolve makes that fight trivial, but it does not change the fact that fight is bugged. Also my Eq2 install in located in SSD drive, so that is not the problem either.
  9. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Ive run the zone quite a lot since it's release, it wasn't till a patch a few weeks ago I first bumped into the bug.. My character isn't raid 4 equiped or anything but his gear isn't bad either. I generally pull from named to named to named.. clearing the zone, generally, in less then 10 pulls. I'd even pull from the second to last named, to end of the zone, clean and be be done..

The first time I got the bug.. I was like.. WTF is going on?! Then I couldn't stop laughing there were soooo many frogs in the room.. I kid you not I was starting to get lag just from the overhead flying text.. They couldn't kill me and I couldn't kill them.. I started popping my own buffs to get killed.. Next time, the encounter went fine like it had all the countless times before.

It's happened to me three times thus far out of.. well.. feels like countless times in the zone. I was not booted to character select but I may have gotten myself killed before that would of happened. The adds, with what I am calling the bug, add extremely fast.. With what I'm calling hundreds in less then two minutes of engagement. Not a DPS thing as I am a Congy with 71k potency.. :)

I know it can be frustrating when people get this bug, but I can't help to laugh when it happens to myself.. it's unexpected when it happens and seems to be extremely rare.. Other times the fight is easy-peaze-lemon-squeezy...
    Zeddicious likes this.