"Against the Elements" prelude event feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Dyeana Active Member

That seems to be a lot Tkoss. I think I managed to complete a run for the collection in 26. If just sit in one location close to the spawn, seems like I was getting a grunch of duplicates. Then someone mentioned move. I backed away and moved in once it spawned, and moved around the spawn point with each kill and managed to complete the last 8 I needed in 7 turns, with some doubles occurring.

My only concern is with most players being at 110, the crowd in PoM will be camping the few locations continiously.

Is it possible to get more locations in PoM? :D

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xianthia like this.
  2. Dyeana Active Member

Oh one last thing, I didn't run this with 2 or more p[layers at the same spawn. Wanted to see what happens with multiple players doing their best to kill-steal the same mobs? Anyone try this??

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

The physical space is limiting, but you will find there are significantly more spawns in PoM than in most other zones. There's 16 in PoM.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Kaitheel Developer

I sure will!

~ Kaitheel
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We tested grouping so everyone could get the updates. We didn't intentionally try to kill-steal. Zam DID have someone KS her, the rest of us didn't test the bad manners side of things because we already know it can be done. :(
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just to revisit this so you can realize it wasn't all in my head {snicker} if you watch the soulwells in the following video, you'll see examples of them both lit and dark throughout the video, based on how far away Ocarinah was standing from them when filming the other stuff:

(a good example is around 4:50-:5:00 in the front background, then starting at 13:58)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Tkoss Member

who do we need to talk to for the cat to fade out to just eyes ..... wow
    nice video mum. i see what you were talking about for the soul orbs, kinda an internal lighting thing
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is there any further word on if art will fix the bald look on "earth wielder's collar" in time for when this goes live? (It didn't make it in with the patch that fixed the other stuff, and I know some art takes more jumping through hoops ...)
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love collars; usually about the only Head slot thingee that doesn't rip our hair off... :-/

Uwk
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I know the work was done. I'll request the files be hotfixed for tomorrow, if they aren't already.

Thanks Niami!

**Update** No, unfortunately, the art fix will not be on live by the time the event begins. It will have to wait until the next art build. But know that it's on its way!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I knew it wasn't just in your head. That wasn't a question. I'll be sure to have Art take a look at the video.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Is there any way that the hats can be fixed so they don't rip our hair off? I love the pirate looking hats, Roger Goldies hat, the Hooluk hat, but I wont wear any of them because they rip my hair off, if I wanted to be bald, I would have created myself as bald or used my free shave and haircut token to have my head shaved.

I don't know if it is just something that is too much of a hassle or something in the old code that precludes a fix. But I for one would like to be able to wear a hat without having my hair ripped out.
  13. Eradani Well-Known Member

i was thinking about this the other day. i believe the problem with our current hairstyles + hats is that our hair is probably going to poke through the hats and nobody wants that. but, i also don't like my dark elf wearing her pirate hat and the bottom of her head looking like it was shaved

however, i was wondering if there couldn't be a skullcap short hair cut that hats could pick with your current hair color so that we didn't look like convicts wearing hats. or just don't make hats without some bandana or other pretext to cover up the bottom of the back of the head
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If I am reading correctly, you are suggesting hats with hair, Gallagher has them so why not us?
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Exactly. It would take a complete rework of every player model, and how they work, according to our artists, who are very versed in this. Either a hat takes off all hair, or no hair, leaving all sorts of collision and clipping issues.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

There's been quite a few hats with such coverings made in recent years for exactly that reason.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just FYI, these are still no-trade on Test and Live
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  18. Eradani Well-Known Member

what i'm really wanting is a rework of the bottom of "every" hat, not every player model - just a short hair "fringe" in the player's chosen hair color or even all blonde or brown or black, just not "shaved yesterday"

and that IS appreciated
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This what I said above, that if I was reading the post I quoted the poster was suggesting hats with hair like the comedienne Gallagher has. When you purchase the hat, it could give you a pop-up similar to the shave and haircut, but only for the hair you want displayed down the neck from the hat.

We could have a new hat shop, where you could go and buy all the different hat styles with the hair connected to the hat itself. So I have red hair, maybe I want a hat with blonde hair showing, you know, to spice things up, so I purchase my pirate captain's hat and select long blonde hair. When I put that hat on, I have a pirate captain's hat on with long blonde hair spilling down my back.

*ponders, perhaps this could be a Norrathian version of a weave or hair extensions*
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I should have asked this sooner. What about FG? Do they not get the expansion prelude because they won't be able to access the expansion? Or have they been thrown into the fray on this one anyway? :D