2018 Festival of Unity - AB server

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Smallcorners, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Festival Of Unity
    Antonica (AB Server)
    August 16-20 2018

ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN

Thursday August 16th:
    715pm - Opening (Slipps) Antonica Claymore
    730pm - Ranged (Daenee) Archer's Woods
    9pm - Bardic (Slipps) Windstalker Village Main Stage

Friday August 17th:
    8pm - Haiku (Slipps) South Qeynos Gate Crossroads
    9pm - Feyiron Chef (Lera) South Qeynos Gate Crossroads

Saturday August 18th:
    130 pm - Caber Toss (Chinooke) Antonica Claymore
    3pm - Puppy Training (Jet & Sidheag) Antonica Claymore
    430pm - Is It A Bug Munch? (Asceela) Antonica Claymore
    6pm - Duck Wrangling (Cam) Windstalker Village Pond
    730pm - Insults (Asceela) Windstalker Village Main Stage
    9pm - Scavenger Hunt (Lera) Windstalker Village Main Stage

Infinity Lounge (Elquinjena) Main Stage Bar Windstalker Village

Sunday August 19th:
    1pm - Splat (Daenee) Windstalker Cliff
    3pm - Fashion Show (Kaennara) Windstalker Village Main Stage
    430pm - Fishing (Tomias) Windstalker Village Pond
    630pm - Joust (Slipps) Champion Fields between the Two Towers
    9pm - Arena - (Serrest) Champion Fields between the Two Towers

Monday August 20th:
    730pm - High Dive (Slipps??) Oracle Tower Sea Cliff
    9pm - Hoptoad (Slipps??) Road into Windstalkers.
    Cragfire and Kaitheel like this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

So is this something anyone can attend?
  3. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Yes. Festivals that I and my partner oversee on the Antonia Bayle server are open to anyone to attend. Each of them, and we have four at the moment, are player run. The devs have helped with the open world sets and the base prizes as well as unique cloaks for each festival.

We do ask that evils do not be too overtly evil at good festivals and fairs. Conversely we ask goodies to not be extreme shining examples of virtue at evil festivals and fairs. Respect the venue is the overall request. Most of the events are determined via a /ran, rules are provided. Opportunity exists for roleplay and is encouraged. Even if you are not an RP'er yourself, you might enjoy reading some of the byplay of the other players.

If you are not on the AB server, but have a character slot open, you are welcome to attend. Due to F2P restrictions we are no longer using channels to project the games, everything is done in spatial other than the official rules and OOC talk for the players. They will be in a raid group for this (no actual raiding involved!).
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok cool! What time zone are the times starting at?
  5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

All times are Eastern
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Lera for the Scavenger Hunt, it was fun. Question, for the Festival of Discord, which I think is the next one, can I just put together a team of 5 and bring them all and enter as a group leaving the 6th slot for the referee open?

Asceela, your roomies came to support you at your events and you were not there. Your mailbox is full so I couldn't mail you.
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

I don't see why not, as the referee is not included in the prizes, but best to ask Lera as it's her event. Not sure if she comes here though.
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do that.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thanks Lera, that might be easier than trying to find someone to join in.
  10. Miralith New Member

*pulls out her calendar*

Ok, when is the Festival of Discord. I think I need a matching trophy.

That was fabulously fun!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Tajar Well-Known Member

I’ll be starting planning for the FOD soon, we usually pick the dates on the first meeting :)
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

So its you and I, Mira, and we will kidnap Tahl. We just need 2 of the others, Skar would probably help if its during a time he doesn't have to be sleeping or working, same with Zhar, maybe even Drigg or Maehros.

Thinking about it, we have enough for 2 teams plus some, maybe we can turn this into an entry that most of us that are available can do. Then I can send the information on to Lera.
  13. Momo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I quite understood what you people are doing, but anything involving playing with actual players sounds real fun! I hope I catch the next one - I very recently seem to have aquired a good handful of toons on the AB server :D
    Kaitheel likes this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

These are games, contests, and shows provided by players in the rplfg channel and other roleplayers not associated with the channel. Captain Slipps works her poor little paws off to coordinate these Festivals, holding planning meetings, recruiting players to run the various games and events, etc.

Captain Slipps has a couple of guides on the broker one is for venues that are open, which nights, times, type of venue etc. The other guide is BYORP which is Bring Your Own RP. I believe this guide contains information on the festivals and other things like Open Air RP on the Isle of Mara. Use the advanced search on the broker window and set the item to player written books, this will show you a lot of things from players themselves.

Please feel free to send me a tell and I will answer any questions that I can for you.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Momo Well-Known Member

Very many thanks for explaining! This sounds really great to me (and much work). I see that I get my hands in these books first. Really, I am sad that Stormhold died, but I peronally seem to have been very lucky in where the winds have blown my little side-project toons. Looking forward to meeting you!