"Against the Elements" prelude event feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

It was all about level ranges, since the NPCs do not scale to player level. Several zones per level were chosen. The higher level zones were given more tempests due to higher population.

~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy and Xianthia like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Oooh! It was doing that to all races. Yeesh! Art will get that fixed.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Yes. Absolutely.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Nope, that wasn't intended. All 5 of the house items should also be available on the merchants. I'll get that fixed!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh! Hanging Felwithe Luminous Petals will be the same size as Felwithe Luminous Petals.

It doesn't have to be. The default size will be increased.

I agree, that's odd. I'll change it so this plushie is always looking active.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Huh... I am not seeing any change to it either locally or on test. Even when I changed my settings (extreme performance, high performance, balanced, extreme quality), they were consistent. Was this issue limited to a particular house zone? I was testing in a New Halas 1 room & Tinkerer's Isle.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Kaitheel Developer

I don't see any such lightning in preview either locally or on test. Is this still happening for you? Maybe it was left over from an item you previewed before this one?

~ Kaitheel
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Placed in a Gorowyn guildhall. It is fine for the first couple of steps, then back up another couple steps and it is darker for several steps, then it goes back to being light. It was/is the darndest thing, and all 3 were doing it.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I just logged back onto Test, and this is the first thing I am previewing. Guildmates say they see it in the preview as well, so it isn't just me:

[IMG]
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I will make sure mentored characters get the proper quest updates. Yay!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, my glob! It was a randomness thing, on whether it drew it or not. I just turned out to be lucky(?). Anyway, found it and am removing it! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Heh, sounds like this little guy has had adventures that we didn't know about! :D I did a double-take or two when I saw him doing this in the preview.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

This is a more tricky thing to resolve... In fact, to fix it would either require a complete reworking of the functionality or a new script call for us to have (which is code). That said, I have requested the script call needed, but it won't be available in time for the event activation.

I noticed the most egregious locations for this issue are against grey mobs, due to lack of agro, which made me realize, if the tempest moved so the elementals didn't always spawn right on it, that could alleviate some of the issue. So, I'll be making a few changes to the tempests:
    • elemental tempests now wander near their spawn point.
    • elemental tempests no longer respawn after each corresponding raging elemental spawns.
    That should help!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Level 100+ Planes of Power
    There is a tempest spawn right as you enter the Amphitheater of song from the Metetherial Plains, there is no science guy around it. (probably eaten by Tintinnal who was spawned right next to the tempest)

There is another far east region of the Esoterra Gardens right along the beach area..no science guy there either
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Moving it! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding, but the assistants are present in each zone where you can find storms, but not at each and every storm.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

For my own sanity, and that of anyone else playing along here... this is the list of fixes I have submitted so far:
    • Characters will get the proper quest by defeating challenging elementals, even when mentored.
    • Elemental tempests now wander near their spawn point.
    • Elemental tempests no longer respawn after each corresponding raging elemental spawns.
    • Elemental tempests respawn timer has been reduced.
    • Event merchants now have the Bowl of Umbrite and Arcane Rune Cube in stock.
    • Elemental Storm Shred - Event currency is now heirloom.
    • Hanging Felwithe Luminous Petals - Default size now matches the Felwithe Luminous Petals.
    • Spiritual Scrying Globe - Default size has been increased.
    • Crystalline Tentacle Terror Plushie - Is now in an active pose all the time!
    • Verdant Baby Dragon Clothwork - Is no longer shocking to anyone.
    I'm not sure when they will be on Test, but they're on their way!
    ~ Kaitheel
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Another Southwest of the Stratafold on the little path to the Mages Pebble
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Where are the merchants?
  20. Xianthia Well-Known Member

FP and Qeynos, just outside the arcane buildings.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pixistik like this.