"Against the Elements" prelude event feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Against the Elements is now active on Test!

Elementals are raging across Norrath! The ranks of Freeport’s Academy of Arcane Science and Qeynos’ Concordium have been stretched thin as they attempt to investigate the destructive phenomenon. Those wishing to volunteer their services for the investigation, and to help battle the onslaught, are encouraged to speak with the Concordium Pupil Adepts or Academy Apprentices who have been sent all across the world.

Quests
    • "Against the Elements for Qeynos" or "Against the Elements for Freeport"
      • This is a one-time quest offered in 33 zones. It unlocks the ability to loot Elemental Storm Shreds, a currency that allows you to buy special items (41 new ones) from Concordium or Academy merchants in Qeynos or Freeport.
    Collection
    • Raging Elemental Scintilla
    This event content is currently set to be activated on 09/13/2018 at 12:01 AM PDT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thanks for this!

BUG : the tempest in PoM located at 424.18 -97.02 1028.60 doesn't consistently spawn the elemental on the platform, it then loops either on top or bottom making it almost impossible to target/kill. I had to stand next to the tempest and allow pet to aggro it in order to get the kill. Being on a raised platform seems to be interfering somehow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Eliziana Active Member

I made a level 100 toon on test but i am confused as to where to go to start this. Been to several zones but not seeing any npcs to grab a quest from. Do you have to be lvl 110?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Oooo Sounds like we are going to the Primordial Elemental Planes in November! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. The quests scale in level, so every level of player can participate. And I just confirmed that the quest givers have feather icons to indicate a quest to offer, no matter what level of zone you find them in.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

aah I was gonna ask what's the ETA for ATE but you said already :)

now I'm hungry
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to get an update on quest when I went about killing the elementals mentored down, even though mobs were challenging aka red/blue ( not grey). Once I unmentored and went to Pom like a good lvl 102 should I finally got a quest update..

Can we make currency heirloom please
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The "earth wielder's collar" makes my female high elf go bald. :O

And I second the request for the currency to become heirloom. :D
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Query: Is it intentional that two of the quest reward choices are unique and the other 3 are on the vendor?

Comment: The two "rune totem" items have a default placement that sinks them partly into the ground. Is that intentional?
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"Hanging Felwithe Luminous Petals" is considerably larger than than the "Felwithe Luminous Petals" ... many times larger :D

"Spiritual Scrying Globe" is a really small default size (barely coming to the knee of my high elf) - is that meant to start that small?

The "Crystalline Tentacle Terror Plushie" is ... weird. The preview version has legs/feet with tentacles "up" as if it is being held up; when you have it on your cursor when trying to place it, the tentacles are down, and the legs/feet are there; when you place it, the two tentacles are "up", but the legs/feet aren't visible. That makes 3 different variations and annoying (if minor) inconsistency. :D

The "Emerald Soulwell" is a different color based on viewing distance -- but in a really odd way! When you preview it, the stone is a light green with signs of inner radiance. It also looks like this once placed, provided you are really close to it OR at a decent distance away. In between that close-up viewing and the distance viewing (let's call it the mid-range), it is a dark emerald/forest green.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, the tempest effect makes it very hard to target the mobs as they spawn, and to loot corpses before you've finished a full cycle. If they're in the tempest, you can't target them.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It does the same on the female aerakyn. The water set is fine, just the earth collar is doing it.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The "verdant baby dragon clothwork" preview shows him with lightning all around him ... but there is no such thing when he is placed.

The "Ruby Soulwell" and the "Amber Soulwell" have this same near-mid-far difference.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Correction, all three rune totem items. That'll teach me to start commenting before I finish grinding enough currency to get everything through placement testing. :)
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

New Halas newbie zone has an evil Arcane Science apprentice ( quest giver) at -339 30, -557
    He wants nothing to do with a good character though.
    Can you please send him home and give us a Concordium apprentice there?
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Two things : respawn timer on tempests and number of tempests per zone

Respawn timer seems to be 6-8 minutes which seems really long. Can this be lowered a bit?

The number of tempests per zone* also seems low, one or two tempests in some zones is very low.

* curiousity question :D how did you arrive at 33 zones and which are they? I don't think I'll get an answer to which they are as that will take away from exploration. For example, I've yet to find a tempest in sinking sands and pof, I'm guessing I missed them in PoF because it's much bigger, but SS I think I've searched thoroughly!

Some zones (e.g. KoS) some islands have tempests, some don't are they counted as one zone (TT, Barren, Bonemire, for total of three) or each island is counted? I'm after the master list of zones!

Just throwing spaghetti at a wall see what sticks and totally get it if you can't be forthcoming with answers :D
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

quick locations for those eager to start

Quest starters for evils:

Commonlands -1195, -52, -419 hill outside Graveyard zone
    Timorous deep 36, 12, -44 out in hills straight out from newbie starter beach
    Darklight -506, -54, 139 path across well by newbie starter area

Quest starters for goodies:

Antonica -45, -15, -316 hills beyond aquaduct, past Fippy Hill
    GFay -263, -64, -713 beach in Nursery
    Frostfang -339, 30, -557 ledge above newbie area, close to orcs ( currently occupied by Arcane Academy apprentice, hopefully that will change to Concordium Adept soon)

City NPCs to talk to during and after quest:

Freeport: North FP mage guild Academy of Arcane Science, Librarian Jasozi , down elevator;
    their collector ( merchant) is Scientist Dally Scrumplecog outside at -10, -8, -89

Qeynos: South Qeynos mage guild Concordium red portal, Librarion Elol;
    their collector is Mage Fulcrum Gearshift outside at 705, -19, 169

many more elemental tempests with elementals by them in many zones, tracking helps, visual of tempest seen from pretty far
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

just FYI there's many more quest starters all over where tempests are, so newbie zones are not the only ones!

they seem to be always named Arcane Science Apprentice for evils, or Concordium Adept for goodies and often hang around nearest tempest, chatting you up as you pass
  19. Kaitheel Developer

A Concordium apprentice is also in the zone.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

33 in fact!