Will Shadows AA be fixed for your special ruleset you elected for TLE?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Atan, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

I understand you're in expansion mode, and fully expect issues on TLE to be ignored; however, you chose to implement a special ruleset (no CB for example), that invalidated a number of AAs.

You've then chosen to change several base ability effects to make them relevant, but I don't think anyone spent a ounce of due diligence in reviewing Shadows AA and whether they are relevant or not.

I'll give you a couple of examples, but honestly, almost every class has examples:
    Berserker
    Unstoppable Will - Increases Crit Bonus of Juggernaut by 1. Shucks, Juggernaut was changed to a potency like effect so this no longer applies.

Coercer
    Spellblade's Enchantment - Increases the haste and MULTI-ATTACK chance of Velicity and Rapidity lines. Shucks, rapidity doesn't give multi-attack so this aa does nothing.

tldr; if you're going to deem a special ruleset is needed to balance content, you've got to do the due diligence to keep making changes for your rules to be consistent.

In general, please stop ignoring this server. There are enough people here giving you money that they don't deserve to be treated as second class. at least in my opinion.
    Kalika likes this.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is not only that since
    a) either the AA description are wrong since some mention base heal/damage (this amount is then mulitplied by potency ) and others + heal, + damage (this is a potency increase for the said ability). Then the description should be changed.
    b) the description is correct and then the AAs are totally unbalanced, example defiler heal stance is +15% BASE heal, mystic is +10 % heal (not base). In such a case all the + have to changed to + base (or all the + base must be changed to +).

Moreover as you mentionned many AAS have very limited impact since they often add + critical bonus.

Globally some classes are lucky and mostly get + base damage or + base heal, other are not and get + dmg (or heal) and + critical bonus. Just an example : Inquisitor dps stance give +15% base to CA, warden gives + crit bonus (ie nothing). Both increase the base weapon damage similarly.

Last since critical bonus is not in game a lot of items that are supposed to be improvment are simply crappy items with 2 blues stats (+ a hidden critical bonus one).

Currently some items from Guk3 or similar instances are much worst thant simple treasured items.
  3. Fangrim Active Member

The entire game is a cash grab now, how can you not even see this yet? You will abandon FG like you did SH as soon as the next TLE is announced anyway. Sorry I'm being a bit too strong on my point of view, I understand you want the best for the game while you're playing it.
    There are other threads about 'FG not being sustainable' but come on, don't you learn that TLE servers are temporary anyway after SH ? FG will not collapse until the new TLE is announced anyway no matter how bad the itemisation and AA are implemented and how many people whinge about it here, they know this too.
    Mizgamer62 and Kalika like this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with no, maybe we will see a few fixes here and there but i'm doubtful all of the AA's that have close to no uses will ever be fixed.

I asked on discord if brawlers were gonna see the shadows endlines return and I haven't gotten a response at all unfortunately.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

FG had a decent community and content that i never did, is mecanics/gear were consolidated a bit it would be a nice server.. But currently it is ot sustainable at all, some classes are 2 or 3 times stronger than some others.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maybe it's because I'm not at endgame on FG, but my 67 conjy is still having a blast. You can still get lower-level groups for things if you ask, and I see lower-level folks in LFG channel asking for groups. This does not seem "dead" or "unsustainable" to me, but YMMV.
  7. blackshad New Member

FG is the only place left in this game that is not broken.
    Yes, some items are bugged, some AAs are bugged and all that needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Server population rises to medium like big LIVE servers on some evenig so it's still a major server
    Now, the devs's lack of communication is sad but they are fixing some stuff, even slowly. We need to keep pressuring them so they do their job ^^'

About that idea than everybody will quit FG soon, that's ******** imo. Why would we start again? We have a decent player base here, and you can find groups at any level (not all the time but it exists). On Live, the game is so broken that i'm never going there again, ever !
    Kalika likes this.
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

FG is dead in off hours. And by off hours, I mean 14 hours a day. So, yes, people will quit, they already have.

First shard run I did, I saw gear drop from nameds that were significantly better than best in slot raid gear from RoK. Itemization is a joke. Many of these common instance dropped items are better than anything that can be bought with shards until WoE. One of the primary reasons live is so broken is because of the insanity of gear. Gear tiers should give players a small boost per tier, it's one of the drivers behind doing the content, and we're talking +10% per tier, not +50%. The progression of these tiers is whack right now and ALL GEAR is far too powerful.

In no scenario should a player, swap out a suit of gear, same level, even just for testing purposes, and that make the difference in being 5K dps and 35K dps. And, yes, I tested that just PRIOR to TSO release.

I think we all see that SH was your version of an alpha test, FG beta, but you really need to get things together. And because of the neglect, I'm not sure many players will stick around for the "tested" version of a new TLE server. In all honesty and it pains me to say it, but the only thing that might bring enough blood to a new TLE server is one that there's a PVP opt in and one that locks at 80, forever. And I imagine that would be a disaster too, but some of your loyal customers would still buy into it.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I didn't play Stormhold, and I have no expectations that they'll really support this one when they move onto the next, but I do have an expectation that they do the minimal effort here for the time this server is relevant, particularly when they created the issues they are ignoring.
    Kalika likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

It is hands down more 'alive' than the last three years I played on the dieing 'live' server I was on.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Def more alive than crushbone, unrest, and oasis, maybe a little less than AB, back in Coe-Aom. I'd say it's about on par with blackburrow back in SF and butcherblock in DoV.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

That is the Essential mistake Eq2 did, the base of their exponential was way too large, typically the dps of someone would raise by a factor at least 3 from quested gear/no-gear to raid gear, the number 3 being quite conservative since i saw sometimes figure closer to 10.

And for tank/mitigation it was about the same, a well geared tank being able to zone pull.

The reason for that is that they wanted raid progression and since finely tuning encounter is possible/vey hard the best way was to have a large exponential base for the progression.

The consequences of this choice were dire :

)Some geared people would consider others as wimps or worthless.
    2)Ungeared toons would see themselves as useless in groups.
    3)Raid content could be soloed (i could solo 5/7 mob in PR with heroic DOV shard gear)
    4) Some Buff became useless and caps were reached and so they had to modify those buf and to introduce overvap.

Note that (3) may be seen as not really bad but more fun, for (4) it could have been decided that stats would all cap at 100 or something reasonnable.

Progression could then have been implemented using a raid stat (ilike fervor or citical mitigation or some specific resist etc ...) another possibility would have been to have raid items that would work only in raid zone (the charm with raidwide effect were something like that).

Note that the TLE is worst then live for stat inflation, mythical have 100 sta/mainstat they had 40 on live (with epic at 36) and current dps mod/haste/ma is already in the 200.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Right now on TLE (TSO) the difference between raid/heroic isn't that far off honestly, I don't think I would be anywhere near doubling my power going to full raid set versus just wearing random heroic pieces. Plus you have to take into consideration a lot of x4 mobs are one groupable. WoE/Kurns gives gear that is comparable, and that zone is arguably trioable with a dps/tank/healer. (unless it gets butchered like a few random pieces got obliterated in the patch notes)

RoK was much worse, but from t5 until EoF I was basically just wearing random heroic pieces anyway with a mixture of raid/quested gear.

The main issue frankly is how many stats just do the same thing, why isn't auto stats just rolled into one? Why does flurry and multi attack exist, weapon damage bonus and dps mod. The list goes on with potency and primary stat, ab mod, crit bonus, fervor, etc.
    Kalika likes this.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

I agree on that my alts are not that far behind and I even swapped SH or t1 raid gear for some crap from TSO.

Still your mythical and the full VP set bonus (for some classes) makes quite a difference, but not as much as in Velious or AoM (in those days the difference between a t1 dps in solo quested gear and someone with hard mode raid gear was insane, and my guardian friend went from total wimp which i barely could alive to undestuctible half-god.