Stormhold to Antonia Bayle Server Merge

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, characters on the Stormhold server will be merged onto Antonia Bayle.

In order to make the transition as smooth as possible, we've pulled together an FAQ that will help answer questions you may have about the merging process. If you have any additional questions about the merging process be sure to let us know on the forums! We'll keep the FAQ section below updated accordingly.

FAQ
    General

Q: What is a server merge?
    A: During a server merge, all characters will move from one server to another. In this case, all characters from Stormhold will be moved to Antonia Bayle.

Q: Will there be free character transfers off of Stormhold before the merge?
    A: Character transfer tokens will be handed out to all characters on Stormhold.

Q: Since Stormhold is a Time-Locked Expansion server, what expansion content will be available after the merge?
    A: Since Stormhold is being merged onto Antonia Bayle, all Live server content that is on AB will be available.

Q: What will the server be named after the merge?
    A: The server will retain the name Antonia Bayle.

Q: How will we be able to retain names if others have the same name?
    A: In the event of duplicate character names during a merge, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days. If multiple characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which was created first will retain their name. Other same-named characters will have an "Z" (or several) added to their names automatically until their name is unique. Each player that is auto-renamed this way will get a free rename potion so that they may change their name.

Q: If my character’s name is taken or modified, will I be able to pick a new name?
    A: Yes, every character that is automatically renamed will be granted a rename token to use at your convenience.

Q: Will there be any elimination of characters altogether based on level, cash reserves, etc.?
    A: No, there will be no elimination of characters.

Q: Should we clear our mailboxes out before the consolidation happens?
    A: Mail will get transferred over to your new server.

Banks

Q: Should I take the things I have in the bank or shared bank out?
    A: There is no need to take anything out of the bank or shared bank. All items will be transferred over completely.

Guilds

Q: What happens to items that I own, but I’ve placed in my Guild Hall?
    A: Players should pick up soulbound (NoTrade) items from shared housing (such as Guild Halls) BEFORE the merge. This will prevent losing ownership of placed items during this merge.

Q: Should I be emptying my guild hall office so I don't lose the furniture I crafted and placed there?
    A: No, all guilds and guild halls will be moved onto the same server. All housing will be moved as well.

Q: If our names change, how will the members of our guild know who we are? How will the guild still be together if everyone is renamed?
    A: In the guild roster everyone will keep their notes, rank, and anything else tied to that character. If a character is renamed it will be automatically updated in the guild rosters. All characters that are auto-renamed will have the option to do a free name change. If the free name change is used it will automatically update the name in the guild roster as well.

Q: How will you handle guild names?
    A: If two or more guilds have the same name at the time of the server merge, the oldest guild will keep the guild name, and we will append "Z" to other guilds with a conflicting name. If this happens to your guild, you will be offered a free guild name change.

If you have a free guild name change, to select a new guild name the leader from a guild can use the command /guild rename

If there is no leader in your guild, /initiate_guild_leader_vote can be used by guild officers to help guilds choose a new leader.

Q: Will any guilds be deleted?
    A: Guilds will not be deleted during server merges.

Housing and Player-Designed Dungeons

Q: Does housing stuff all have to be packed into the moving crate for each house? Will housing templates be saved? (How do you do that? I forget!)
    A: Nothing should be lost during the merge. It's always good to save your housing templates, however it should not be required. If you'd like to save your housing template, go to your house, open the house window, and hit save. It will prompt you for a template name. Enter a name, and then click 'Okay'.

Q: I have numerous dungeons that are used for storage for my decorating items. Will we need to move items from dungeons to a house prior to the merge?
    A: No need to; they will all get moved to the new server.

Q: Will paid house rent transfer?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will depots transfer?
    A: Yes, personal as well as guild depots will transfer.

Q: Will player written books and housing trophies be safe in your house, or should we move them to our bags/bank/house vault?
    A: They will be safe in the houses.

Q: Will housing trophies still have our house info and date obtained on them, or will they now be blank?
    A: They will still have your house info and date obtained.

Q: Are objects in our moving crates safe?

Q: What if we've used a house item expander? Will our expanded items be safe?

Q: Is it safe to assume that the files in our saved house layouts within the EQII folders will be preserved?
    A: Yes, they will still be there. Just remember to not delete them off your hard drive.

Q: Do we need to empty house vaults?
    A: No.

If you have any additional questions, please ask below!
    zimzorz likes this.
  2. Solnaris New Member

Since Stormhold is TLE and Fallengate is almost up to Stormhold's expansion, Why can't I wait and transfer over to Fallengate at that time? Any possibility of that? I'm fine with stripping my gear and money and only keeping my level and spells. The whole reason I am on TLE is I WON'T EVER play live again.
  3. Ramone_AB Active Member

This is good, and I would like to see IoR merged with AB or another... the 25.00 transfer fee is a bit rough when the move there was 5.00 and like others I have 5-8 over there as it "was" a very busy server over AB. Now it's not worth logging into due to population.
    SierraDawn, Kittybock and Zeddicious like this.
  4. Venser Active Member

That's too bad. I was hoping to just get a merge into FG. to the graveyard it goes I guess.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

A question please: Those server transfer tokens, do they still work after the merge or should I hurry this decision now?
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

i just want to comment that this is the best merger FAQ that i've ever seen (idk, maybe i missed some other good ones but this one is very good). handing out pre-merge transfer tokens to everyone and free rename potions to those affected with the zzz's are very good ideas and will benefit both players and the game.

also, i'd like to remind people:
    zimzorz and Breanna like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they handed out such transfer token a year ago when they decided to merged SH into AB
    If you go to AB early you can rename your toon , otherwise good luck.

I was hoping we will get merged into FG since Daybreak waited a year to do any merge.
    At this point if you need the server, I would be ok if my present gear would be downgraded, like when you mentor ,same goes for the level until DG has caught up with the status of SH. I would not even mind if all my shards are deleted again, and any character over level 80 is locked until FG is in the same expansion as SH.
    I don't want to go to AB yes I know I can go elsewhere.

I also want to repeat the old concern of people who spend DB cash on SH that they don't want on any regular server.
    Is there at least any way those things could be transferred to FG ?
  8. Tabbyclouds Member

Do we need to take all our items off of sale on the broker or fine to leave on?
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you are going to AB you don't need to do much I had my things still on the broker and I still have mail from Deathtoll ( the last pvp server ) I would take them out of sale you never know what you can get for your stuff on AB and you don't want to sell for to little.
    I had my house still published and so on , you get the idea
    If you want to make sure your stuff all get's there take things out of the broker , if you got the space.
    It is all a lot more complicated if you want to go to a different server.

Make sure you SAVE the layout of your house.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that, as well. I'd actually suggested it a while back, in another thread. We have multiple folks that would like to transfer off. A lot of those that have toons on IoR started on AB, so I'd love to see an AB merge. IoR has very low pop, when I've logged in of late.

DBG, please consider an IoR --> AB merge.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

IoR should have been a TLS too so the community would not have been killed right away by people going straight up to level 100 bypassing the beginnings of a new server I saw no point in leveling up another toon after I saw that happen.
  12. Fistpower Well-Known Member

LOL I cant believe this is a serious question. Allow me to answer this in the friendliest possible way.

First reason is, they dont have the tools to auto strip characters, they would have to do it manually for every single char, so no, not gonna happen.

Second;
    SH krono was 93k when the server began to die in SF.
    FG krono is currently 1.3k.

So unless someone has the most uber bot group or the most insane plat farm location so that krono increases by 9 times in 12 weeks, there is your answer. The servers have vastly different lifes and vastly different economies.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

It is a shame IoR isn't being merged with another server. It is literally a dead server and a waste of DBG resources. I love the ability to sell items that are looted but that is hardly a benefit, any more, since the population is gone. I still don't understand why DBG opened a competing server immediately after opening IoR. We lost most of our population overnight.
    Kittybock, Siren and Ramone_AB like this.
  14. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Q: Will there be free character transfers off of Stormhold before the merge?
    A: Character transfer tokens will be handed out to all characters on Stormhold.

Does this include making IoR transfer tokens available, since those tokens differ from the other? Or will it be an all in one token with IoR available? Or IoR will not be an option? If not, why not?
    Siren likes this.
  15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I seem to recall from previous server transfers that yes, you needed to remove stuff from the broker prior to the transfer. Whether it's needed or not, for this move, it's probably a good idea to do so, given that's there likely to be a significant difference between AB and IoR server economies. The last thing you want is to see your super cheap stuff from IoR appearing on the AB broker being snapped up by current AB players and resold at the the more normal AB rates. Better that you check prices on AB after the move and put your stuff back on the broker at more realistic rates.
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I don't think IoR is merging into anything. This is just Stormhold merging into AB.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have not heard anything about IoR merging either only SH. I have however heard people in general chat on AB saying they saw on Discord that AB is being merged into HoF which I have not seen either. At times like this the rumor mills seem to go into overtime. This merge has been a year in the making.

If IoR is in such a bad state population wise as would seem to be suggested above, we would welcome those players onto AB as well. Whether DBG decided to merge IoR to AB and add the server perks that IoR gets onto AB does not matter one iota, the players themselves will be welcomed.
    Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Chubby New Member

Even edited the post but they cant read the OP about Stormhold being merged into AB no other server being affected
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well this merge is quite the same as destroying the Fallen Gate toon, I don' t want to play on a live server.

What is the point of having some level 90 toon in TSO gear thrown on a level 110 server with insane agnostic loot, mercenaries stronger than player, deity grind, ascenssion gring, item ranking grind, famiiliar grind, rune grind.
    Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  20. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Whoops, :rolleyes:
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.