Free level 100 Heroic on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Whilhelmina, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hello there,

It was spoken of and I tried today to see if it was working, and it works.
    You can now create a free level 100 Heroic on Test :
    • choose level 100 heroic on the launcher
    • Once in game, proceed to Qeynos Harbor (on the docks, between the two gates leading to chronomages and loyalty) or East Freeport (on the docks, next to the door to South FP) and speak to Finch
    • Buy the level 100 adventure bauble and use it
    • Your char is now an unlocked heroic character, congrats!

You can also buy the level 100 TS bauble while you're at it!
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this! Hopefully being able to create level 100 characters over there that won't go away will help lure more folks into coming over to Test now and then.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohhh, yes, I think this will help matters a lot over there. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Apparently, this works, though I haven't tried to level him past 100 yet. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think I'll have to change that glowing review of mine; I went through all the steps, got the Token from Finch for 100 level Adventurer, it seemed to unlock things, but I can't shift my slider bar for XP; it's stuck on 100% conversion of adventure XP to AA, just like it would be with "try before you buy." :-/

Actually, he's only getting Tithe XP right now, not even AA. :(

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Are you using the default UI? If not, is is possible that you need to fix the UI for your Test install? Have you tried a relog?

Others have used the unlock token and have gone on to level their characters beyond that without issue, so not sure what is holding you back. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Did you finally buy PoP? I thought you were waiting until it goes on sale.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

you mean I could reroll some of my crafting alts? and make them 100 on test?
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, this feature is broken on Test as of the 8/3 late-day patch. I have put in a /bug on it.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks! :)

And I did previously take them upon the "create a level 100 toon from scratch" official offer that was touted widely, also on Test for that toon, rather than on another server...I have to wonder if that might've messed something up. :-/

And @Dude, nope, haven't bought PoP yet; is that when you can go beyond 100, but not until then?

Uwk
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep, gotta have PoP to go past 100.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/nod Got it. Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

besides the special level 100 that came with a 1 week free PoP trial those can be leveled to 105, without owning the expansion.
    I made one of those new level 100 anyway , at the end of the year we get the next expansion and the level 100 bauble for crafting is also not a bad thing to have.
  14. Gerak Well-Known Member

I just finished creating multiple toons on test using this.
    What worked -
    1 Create a "try it out" 100 heroic. Then talk to Finch and "Buy" the Adv 100 bauble and 100 TS bauble. Ended with a 100 Ts and 100/350 Adv.
    2 bought 100 TS bauble on existing toon and ended with 100 TS/500 Adorn/Tink/Muting.
    What didn't work -
    1 buying 100 adv bauble for existing toon. It just greys out.

All of the above was on All Access accounts. Haven't tried anything on my F2P accounts yet.
  15. Gerak Well-Known Member

With a little bit of testing, it appears to be the same for F2P as it is for All Access.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, 1) is exactly what I did, minus the 100 TS bauble, and my new Warlock guy still has the slider frozen, still isn't getting any XP at all other than tithe (one would think he could get XP up to the point where he'd be almost ready to ding 101, and then it would stop?), and when I made the "mistake" of trying yet another toon's UI (I'd already tried one, but I'd forgotten that that first established toon I'd tried the UI from was an Illusionist, and thus had a combat bet [I have a lot of toons; easy mistake] and so changed it to another, pet-less, other toon's UI ;->). I think I'd confused it, since I got another set of level 100 gear in my Inventory (in a crate, basically), right after the first, "default" set that was already on his body. I have no mercs, so it was obviously meant for my new toon. /shrug

I still haven't purchased the latest expac; maybe I should look at my other level 100 toons and pay more attention to what's going on with them. Why another toon's UI? 'Cause I hate the default layout, especially for "insta"-high level toons. I don't use a third-party UI, just the ones I've already established after years of tweaking them to my own personal satisfaction.

Uwk
  17. Gerak Well-Known Member

With each newly created toon I received a set of Armor equipped at login and another set in a "crate" with the bauble purchase. In all cases the equipped armor was better than that supplied with the bauble.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, cool, that's actually reassuring. :)

Thanks! :D

Uwk
  19. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I tried to create a level 100 heroic today on Test and it keeps telling me that there are no servers available :( I named my character and selected Test, which I verified is up, and hit play, but no luck for my new character. And yes, I am on the Public Test server, not Beta.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat, you may have tried to get in during one of the rare (often unannounced; one of the perils of being on Test) update periods. :-/

Also, when you were logging in originally, were you actually on the Test server, as in, at the window where the PLAY button is in the lower right corner, there's the Version: US English or EU English in the lower left corner? You have to click on that first, then go to the screen with the Select Game Version drop-down menu, where it lets you select from between the four possibilities: US English, EU English, Public Test, and Beta, and choose Public Test from there. I don't think it'll actually work if you create the toon first and then choose Public Test from the list of servers where you want him/her to start from after the fact. :-/

If it is possible to do it that way and I didn't know (which is completely likely! ;->), then there may be something else going on worthy of a /petition. :-/

Uwk