May 2018 Wizard Guide

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Version, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Alexstrasza Active Member

Its like 10 CB Overcap @ 100k Potency = 1500 potency, something around that if my math is right.
  2. Dotuming Active Member

Make Conjies Great again!
  3. Xellium Active Member

Potency Mitigation says no!
  4. Alexstrasza Active Member

no such thing, combat mit sucks though ;(
  5. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

So trying to improve my wizard casting order and parse.

Anyone have any links to some researched casting orders or sites where I amy do some of my own calculations/research? Don't need to be spoon fed, but don't wanna go and recreate the wheel if someone has already put the time and effort into it.

Any help is much appreciated.
  6. Talduke Active Member

Did I read this right you think 10cb over cap = 1500 potency? Or did you mean 150? Because thats closer to the actual value...
  7. Talduke Active Member

8. Alexstrasza Active Member

You must have missed the @100k part it scales down the more potency you have
  9. Xellium Active Member

The relative value of stats depend's on your current stats.
    I can't think of any possible mix of stats that would cause 1CB to equal 150 potency. I'm sure it was a typo. He must have meant 1cb = 15pot

If you believe in potency mitigation, then a 1 to 15 is much too high of a ratio.
  10. Talduke Active Member

Oh I saw it, it’s just wrong. By your math if that is true then when I get a shiny new raid upgrade that adds 1500 potency to my pool it’s the equivalent of half of the temp snack I’m eating. Or two of the temp 8hr adorns. Or even less really since I’m well over 100k. Also by that logic when I hit warder a ferocity and spike 200 Cboc I should see the same increase as 30k potency increase or more... I don’t... this is a guide thread and you claim to be the best wizard I won’t bother debating that right now but as a strong player you should know the importance of spreading accurate information to the community especially in guides where New or less experienced players will be building off that info. 10:1500 is wrong regardless of what pot value you are at. Wanna test it and prove me wrong?
    Go EA a dummy that has no combat mit or pot mit and see what the difference is between normal and 2 5cboc adorns on. Then take those two off and toggle your asc buff off that adds 7-10k pot. Tell me if those test yield similar changes. Then pop a monkey trainer and do it at different tiers. I’m willing to bet that no matter what tier you are at and even with monkeys with potential pot mit stats you will fail to return the results you are claiming.
    Kioske likes this.
  11. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any answers to my above question - anyone have a link to spell priority calculator that I can use to do my own testing/research?

Thanks.
  12. Vogie Active Member

There aren't any sites specifically that have ability calculators. The best advice I can give you is to contact a few Wizards in the top ten guilds or take your Celestial Gate rune off and do some 3-5 minute dummy parses where you just hit every ability and then dissect the ACT breakdown. After that prioritize the spells via cast time and recast time, weave in ascensions and you have a starting point.
  13. Dilon Active Member

I have been tinkering with a guide and thinking of publishing my own spreadsheet to Google Docs. Maybe I will make a goal of doing that this week.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Falaphal New Member

Just starting a Wizzy, Thanks for this great guide!
  15. Givin Active Member

Just started a wizard. Would the OP still be accurate and are those AA choices listed a good point to start dropping points into in the order listed?
  16. Givin Active Member

TLE if it matters, I know a lot wont translate.