Awakened Abilities...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Estocia, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Estocia New Member

Hello all. First time posting here so I hope I get it right. Anyway, what in the world do I have to do to get the Awakened Abilities book to make my own Epic 2 spells? I have been completing every KA tradeskill weekly quest; every single week, since the beginning of PoP, and I'm now the proud owner of six worthless recipe books to make now worthless cyan adorns but no Awakened book. What gives? This is sooo incredibly frustrating. I understand the whole RNG thing, but goodness, I must be doing something wrong it seems. There should be a mercy rule for those that haven't received this book after completing this many weeklies.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Only toons that have their epic 2.0 have a chance at getting the Epic 2.0 upgrade recipe book from the KA tradeskill weekly quest. It's not a big chance.
  3. Breta Well-Known Member

The book should be buyable for PoP coins. I have also finished buttload of KA tradeskill weeklies and I have yet to get it.
  4. Nelie Well-Known Member

Yeah, some people will never see the book no matter how much time you put into this. The book is SUPER SUPER SUPER rare and if you don't have good RNG, you have no chance. I and several other have pushed multiple ideas to the devs but only for them to be ignored.
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I've been tryin to find an actual human being that's still playing on IoR server that has this book. The last guild I was in just.... dispersed after PoP came out.. now there's just not enough people left there to catch someone on while I'm on...etc.

Honestly, I won't even bother doing the 900 pre-requisites just to start the Twark Timeline to even attempt to have RNGesus grant me that book...

Maybe I'll check in my Research tab - I'd almost bet I could upgrade my Epic 2 spells for hard cash......<cough>

Tell ya what DBG, I'll give ya 50 loyatly point tokens for it... you know, since my accounts over 5k days old and whatnot.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I can't answer for IoR, but I got the book like the first week of doing instances in the Coliseum. I would ask in your server's Crafting channel if someone can commission craft them for you. If that doesn't get a response, you might join the Antonia_Bayle.homeshow channel and ask there, the interior decorating community are mostly crafters and very supportive.
  7. Nelie Well-Known Member

You got the Awakened Abilities book from PoP content? :eek: We aren't talking about the 101-110 GM/Ancient recipe books, we are talking about EPIC 2.0 abilities book. You are the very first I have heard of getting this book from PoP content which I don't think it is in.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

https://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Awakened_Abilities

It's a possible Reward of the daily crafting quests in Twark, once you finished your Epic 2.0
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Aha! I was still doing Twark Crafting, so I assume it ended up in my bags. All my alts need those coins...
  10. Nelie Well-Known Member

11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Look at the wiki link I posted.
  12. Nelie Well-Known Member

Since you missed it, I will requote it so you cannot miss it.

So what does your link have to do with what I quoted. NO WHERE in your link does it say you can get the book by doing instances in CoV, let alone get this book in POP (Planes of Prophecy) content. This is misinformation. The books I believe Sig was referring to was the GM/Ancient books from POP (Planes of Prophecy) tradeskill daily mission. The GM/Ancient books and the Epic 2.0 ability book are completely 2 different things. This is what I was addressing so if you want to go back and read what I wrote before you start telling me to read links that I already know what it says, then this might not be so confusing for you.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Huh? Awakened Abilities drops in Twark, not PoP.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Nelie, Drifa replied that Rosy was correct and she had likely gotten her drop in Twark, as she was also doing Twark crafting while running PoP instances. That is what Rosy was referring to. No need to snark, especially as your own response shows that you didn't read Drifa's acknowledgment of where the book dropped.
    Breanna, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Nelie Well-Known Member

It would have been easier to just say there was a misquote. No big deal. Sorry if I am/was coming across as snarky. It was just the way the wording is in the post of Sig's that I am trying to point out. I never once mentioned that it did not come from Twark crafting so I was wondering why I was told to read links that I already knew since day 1 of the book's discovery. Sorry for my posts not being just as clear.